Hope I Didn't Damage Anything...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for CookieMap_basic
CookieMap_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CookieMap_basic
Member since 2002 • 112 Posts

Just wondering if any of you had this experience. Was playing a Wii game with the wired GC controller and I tugged a little too rough and almost pulled the entire Wii console off the table. Luckily it didn't fall off - but considering there was a moving disc inside and I kind of moved it while it was spinning - did that do anything to it? I have my Wii on the Vertical Stand btw...

kakujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 kakujo
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Nah, you should be completely fine. The disc is firmly placed. If anything were damaged, it would the GC controller (mine have sustained a considerable amount of damage and still work fine).

As long as everything's working fine, why worry, right?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
my friends were playing brawl. my mom called one of them, he forgot the GC controller had wires. it fell. and it still works fine, other than the scar and the missing cover for the GC controller entries.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

My wiis fallen and its lost the Gamecube cover but its still working good. Nintendo hardware is made to last

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

I'm sure it'll be fine. Haven't heard of anyone's discs scratching by moving their Wiis. And if not, hope you're under warranty! But you probably won't need it. You'll be ok.

muscle_shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 muscle_shark
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

I think your Wii will be fine. People have knocked them off their shelves while they are on and those still work.

Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

My wiis fallen and its lost the Gamecube cover but its still working good. Nintendo hardware is made to last

Cruse34
No kidding on the made to last comment. My friend had an extra Gamecube one time (or it was his brothers or something) so we decided to destroy it. Went outside threw it against the ground, jumped on it, took a hammer to it, etc (wow, thinking back we must have been really angry at something). Then, with only a bunch of pieces left, we get the idea, "hey, lets plug it in and see if it works." So we plug it into the wall, then the TV, and power it on. Not even kidding you, it worked. There was no more disk reader, but it worked.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

Arc2012
No kidding on the made to last comment. My friend had an extra Gamecube one time (or it was his brothers or something) so we decided to destroy it. Went outside threw it against the ground, jumped on it, took a hammer to it, etc (wow, thinking back we must have been really angry at something). Then, with only a bunch of pieces left, we get the idea, "hey, lets plug it in and see if it works." So we plug it into the wall, then the TV, and power it on. Not even kidding you, it worked. There was no more disk reader, but it worked.

reminds me of that old G4 thing where they tested which one was the most resistant console, the GC, the PS2 and the Xbox. GC won :P
SrgtSaggy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SrgtSaggy101
Member since 2004 • 1956 Posts

[QUOTE="Arc2012"][QUOTE="Cruse34"]

BrunoBRS

reminds me of that old G4 thing where they tested which one was the most resistant console, the GC, the PS2 and the Xbox. GC won :P

noway the xbox1 was a tank, i threw it down my concret driveway, and like 50 feet in the air several times letting it hit the ground and it still worked.

cause it pissed me off

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Arc2012"]No kidding on the made to last comment. My friend had an extra Gamecube one time (or it was his brothers or something) so we decided to destroy it. Went outside threw it against the ground, jumped on it, took a hammer to it, etc (wow, thinking back we must have been really angry at something). Then, with only a bunch of pieces left, we get the idea, "hey, lets plug it in and see if it works." So we plug it into the wall, then the TV, and power it on. Not even kidding you, it worked. There was no more disk reader, but it worked. SrgtSaggy101

noway the xbox1 was a tank, i threw it down my concret driveway, and like 50 feet in the air several times letting it hit the ground and it still worked.

cause it pissed me off

i know the truth hurts, but it must be told. (can't see the logo, but i think it's g4...)

plus, your Xbox is still a tank.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9760/xboxb.jpg

HawkEye1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HawkEye1997
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
This isn't a 360 (nothing against 360s) so ya it will be fine. Once on my friend's wii I was playing on and I spun the chair (while holding the wired GC controller) and the wii went across the room! The worst thing that happened was that I had to start over on the level :(
SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
My cousin knocked my Wii over, it's never been the same since... It hardly ever reads discs.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

You can only damage the Wii when you lift it with the disc inside.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34648 Posts

You can only damage the Wii when you lift it with the disc inside.

super600

So chainsaws, sledgehammers and fire can't hurt it?

SrgtSaggy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SrgtSaggy101
Member since 2004 • 1956 Posts

[QUOTE="SrgtSaggy101"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] reminds me of that old G4 thing where they tested which one was the most resistant console, the GC, the PS2 and the Xbox. GC won :PBrunoBRS

cause it pissed me off

i know the truth hurts, but it must be told. (can't see the logo, but i think it's g4...)

had a gc didnt know it was that strong, but you can pop the front peiceback on the xbox and turn it on. she shoulda kept goin.

and the truth doesnt hurt btw.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#16 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

launch wiis had that problem a certain percent of them but other then that your wii is fine ,

if it plays it works,

my wii has fallen so many times even my front plate can pop off and on and it works, so also missing the mem and gc controller cover , still works

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#17 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
[QUOTE="SrgtSaggy101"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="SrgtSaggy101"]

cause it pissed me off

had a gc didnt know it was that strong, but you can pop the front peiceback on the xbox and turn it on. she shoulda kept goin.

and the truth doesnt hurt btw.

no actually i had that fall off before , theres wires connected to that peice they fall off , there is no way to get it back on , well i got it back on but the system didnt turn on or anything so ya they have that piece connected to a wire inside the system , it wont turn on if that piece breaks off i know from expeirence