Hi new to forum and need some help with technical questions for nintendo transferring

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lydte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lydte
Member since 2016 • 8 Posts

Hi Gamespot forum,

Just joined so I can ask some questions because I saw this was posted from here
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-to-transfer-data-to-your-new-3ds-xl/1100-6425296/

Basically the problem is - I am returning my 47 day old 3DS XL that has no memory upgrades (just original 4GB microSD) and replacing it with a new 3DS XL because it has sticky buttons as the main reason among other things.

My question is - by ordering the new replacement should I also buy an upgrade to the 4GB onboard microSD card? For example, if I do .. buy a 16 GB one, do I unscrew the two screws from the new replacement 3DS XL first, remove the onboard 4GB microSD, pop in the new 16 GB microSD card, then start the entire transferring of data?

If this is the case would it be best to do it over a wifi transfer? If I do a wifi transfer do I still need to remove the on board 4GB microSD from the old 3DS XL for any reason to put in the new replacement 3DS XL?

Thanks,

L

Lydte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lydte
Member since 2016 • 8 Posts

@lydte:

bump

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

If you're planning on buying retail 3DS games from the eShop I'd suggest getting a bigger microSD. If you only plan on buying virtual console games you can get away with the 4 though. Faster cards help too. I bought a really SD for my 3DS XL and the difference in saving and loading times from the one I was using previously was immediately apparent. The original 3DS/XL/2DS are SD, not microSD, so no swapping is required or possible. Upgrade the n3DS microSD, then do the wifi transfer.