Help! Sports Resort stopped working - ERROR message

This topic is locked from further discussion.

muddypaws65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 muddypaws65
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I've played my Sports Resort game maybe 4-5 times, and I'm very careful with the discs - there are no scratches on it. My other games work, but Sports Resort won't load now. The screen comes up that shows the graphics at the beginning, but then it gives an error message about checking a manual. I just moved and can't find any of my materials yet, but I want to lay this game asap. I've read in some places about cleaning a lens? And about updates? Netiehr of which I know how to do. Help? I'm not a technotard - just a Wii-diot.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Your best bet is to contact Nintendo Customer Service. Call 1-800-255-3700.
muddypaws65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 muddypaws65
Yeah, I did that and they're no help. they want me to send in my system with the disc, and its past warranty, so it will be at my cost. I've read many places where people are having problems with this particular game, and they have fixes for it, but they don't describe HOW to fix it. I was hoping someone here might have the patience to explain it, or direct me to a place that gives a layman's step-by-step.
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

I had that happen with my Animal Crossing disk. I had to replace it.

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
if its that new, the store you bought it at may replace it for you
muddypaws65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 muddypaws65
No, it's not - I bought it when it first came out, and I haven't played it for a few months. but it's been protected, there's no reason it shouldn't work. It was fine last time I played it. (Love the flying chicken game, lol!
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Yeah, I did that and they're no help. they want me to send in my system with the disc, and its past warranty, so it will be at my cost. I've read many places where people are having problems with this particular game, and they have fixes for it, but they don't describe HOW to fix it. I was hoping someone here might have the patience to explain it, or direct me to a place that gives a layman's step-by-step.muddypaws65
Argue with them and they'll waive the fee. Claim it is due to faulty hardware (which it probably is) and say that it is unethical for them to force the consumer to pay fix a problem the manufacturer created. When they ask "How much do you think you should pay?" Say zero. This is a song and dance I've been through many times.