Help me pick my 3rd pokemon! Heartgold/Soulsilver

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bjd0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bjd0202
Member since 2008 • 63 Posts

Hi,

I want to beat the game using only 3 pokemon, and two of them will be Typhlosion and Lapras. Any ideas for the 3rd? Thanks!

Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
How about... Umbreon?
Blackbase88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blackbase88
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts

Maybe Sceptile or Torterra they're both very strong!

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

Might as well go with a traditional Pikchu.

bisonfan2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 bisonfan2010
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts

Dragonite might be the choice but you dont get him till late in the game.
there is a lot of choices out there.

gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 gamedude234
Member since 2009 • 2558 Posts

well, if you want a legendary, get ho-oh(since its more offensive and is better in-game)if you don't want legendarys, get garchomp, or spritomb

xabu1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xabu1
Member since 2007 • 2590 Posts

well, if you want a legendary, get ho-oh(since its more offensive and is better in-game)if you don't want legendarys, get garchomp, or spritomb

gamedude234

why wouldn't you just use full ubers, for a full list of these over-powered pokemon click here those pokemon will make it easiest to do

bjd0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bjd0202

I don't use any legendaries for my in-game team that's gay It won't be hard my team usually doesn't have more than 5 anyways. This isn't including hm slaves which I will use. I just want to know what pokemon or type will cover most of the other two's weaknesses.

Typhlosion will know flamethrower and focust blast, and maybe solarbeam/sunny day

Lapras will know surf, ice beam, thunderbolt, and probably psychic.

oldmanriver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 oldmanriver1
Member since 2009 • 726 Posts

A strong physical sweeper like donphan, ursaring, machamp etc as you already have the special sweeper side covered.

gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamedude234

I don't use any legendaries for my in-game team that's gay It won't be hard my team usually doesn't have more than 5 anyways. This isn't including hm slaves which I will use. I just want to know what pokemon or type will cover most of the other two's weaknesses.

Typhlosion will know flamethrower and focust blast, and maybe solarbeam/sunny day

Lapras will know surf, ice beam, thunderbolt, and probably psychic.

bjd0202

oh, so you don't want legendaries. its just that in-game i use legendarys(not when i battle competivly of course). so, you want a 3-pkmn competitive team for in game ?OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKK. spiritomb'll do it

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Try picking ti yourself instead of letting other people play the game for you

xabu1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xabu1

(not when i battle competivly of course). gamedude234
why is it so obvious that you don't use legendaries in competitive? I think you mean ubers, but legendaries are perfectly fine in competitive... and it would be better not to use them in-game because you might want to EV train them later, and you can't do that after you have used them in-game... so I would use ubers such as garchomp and wobuffet rather than one-time catch pokemon(in-game of course)

Stevie_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Stevie_Q
Member since 2006 • 2011 Posts

Heracross, obviously He's just too awesome to be denied.

bjd0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bjd0202

I think you're right. I know I need a physical attcker. I've been considering heracross but I just can't get over the 4x weakness, same with torterra who was my other choice. And about playing the game yourself, you're right, and Alakazam would be my choice but then my team would be all special. Basically I'm asking you guys for a good physical attacker that will be super-effective on the pokemon typhlosion and lapras are weak to. Although they cover each other quite a bit already. Thanks.

gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamedude234

I think you're right. I know I need a physical attcker. I've been considering heracross but I just can't get over the 4x weakness, same with torterra who was my other choice. And about playing the game yourself, you're right, and Alakazam would be my choice but then my team would be all special. Basically I'm asking you guys for a good physical attacker that will be super-effective on the pokemon typhlosion and lapras are weak to. Although they cover each other quite a bit already. Thanks.

bjd0202

a ground type or a grass type physical attacker then. torterra would be perfect. try this set: nature:adamant item: life orb EVs:252 attack, 252 speed 6 sp.defense. moves:rock polish, wood hammer, earthquake, stone edge. with this torterra can outspeed most pokemon, and can KO ice types with stone edge.

but since you seem not to like torterra's 4x weakness, try a sturdy ground type, like nidoking, hippowdon, or swampert.

xabu1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xabu1
[QUOTE="gamedude234"]

[QUOTE="bjd0202"]

a ground type or a grass type physical attacker then. torterra would be perfect. try this set: nature:adamant item: life orb EVs:252 attack, 252 speed 6 sp.defense. moves:rock polish, wood hammer, earthquake, stone edge. with this torterra can outspeed most pokemon, and can KO ice types with stone edge.

but since you seem not to like torterra's 4x weakness, try a sturdy ground type, like nidoking, hippowdon, or swampert.

torterra's only reasonable stats are in its bulk... so if you are not using that, then don't use torterra, it also has terrible typing, whereas heracross, though it has a 4* weakness, it is one of the least used attacking types in the game, the only pokemon that I can think of using it properly are air slash charizard and paraflinchtkiss so heracross is a good choice, definitely better than torterra
gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gamedude234

[QUOTE="gamedude234"]

[QUOTE="bjd0202"]

xabu1

torterra's only reasonable stats are in its bulk... so if you are not using that, then don't use torterra, it also has terrible typing, whereas heracross, though it has a 4* weakness, it is one of the least used attacking types in the game, the only pokemon that I can think of using it properly are air slash charizard and paraflinchtkiss so heracross is a good choice, definitely better than torterra

trust me, this set torterra can outspeed a choice scarf lucario. when its that quick, it can OHKO ice types, fire types AND flying types with stone edge.

enigmasmurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 enigmasmurf
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I'd get a scizor, just for show.