Got rid of my Wii !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tbs76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 tbs76
Member since 2004 • 479 Posts

Just wanted to say that I recently got rid of my Wii and don't have the slightest regret. I did have fun with it once in awhile but I found it was the progressive lack of games that actually appealed to me that caused me to say goodbye. The only time my Wii got any use was when friends stopped over by for parties and wanted to play a round of Wii Sports or something simple like that. I own and 360 and I believe the Natal will be far better than the Wii. Sorry Nintendo, I had fun while it lasted, but its time to put your wiggle waggle system to rest.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
congratulations, uh most here probably don't care because this is blog material not topic material.
Shoooryuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Shoooryuken
Member since 2009 • 969 Posts

Just wanted to say that I recently got rid of my Wii and don't have the slightest regret. I did have fun with it once in awhile but I found it was the progressive lack of games that actually appealed to me that caused me to say goodbye. The only time my Wii got any use was when friends stopped over by for parties and wanted to play a round of Wii Sports or something simple like that. I own and 360 and I believe the Natal will be far better than the Wii. Sorry Nintendo, I had fun while it lasted, but its time to put your wiggle waggle system to rest.

tbs76

I feel sorry for you, because having a console which friends can just jump in and play is better than any 360 game for your friends.

Natal will be no exception. If you think Natal will be more fun for your friends than Mario Kart, Smash Bros or New Super Mario Bros Wii.. good luck. I

f you want them to "move", why not go outside and do actual sport activities lol..

dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
Good. Blog it.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

u should at least keep it till zelda comes out

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Nintendo was so burned. :|

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Good for you, I guess...

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

even though mine gets iregular play, i still do not regret buying it on day 1 in australia due to Metroid prime 3, zelda, mario, the conduit, Resident evil:UC, and wario/mario multi player games. i feel the only reason it doesnt get much play is honestly the graphics. in this day and age we are spoilt with HD.

who else agrees? wouldn't you play a few certain games a bit more if they looked prettier?

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

good on you, if your not happy with what you've got, there's no reason why not to sell it.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
pretty dumb if you ask me. as a gamers rule of thumb, you never trade any system for something else.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 slvrraven9
[QUOTE="kungfool69"]

even though mine gets iregular play, i still do not regret buying it on day 1 in australia due to Metroid prime 3, zelda, mario, the conduit, Resident evil:UC, and wario/mario multi player games. i feel the only reason it doesnt get much play is honestly the graphics. in this day and age we are spoilt with HD.

who else agrees? wouldn't you play a few certain games a bit more if they looked prettier?

i play mine often. mabey not as often as my ps3 or xbox but it stays in rotation mainly because i find games to play on it that i like instead of waiting on someome to tell me a game is good ill try it for myself
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

kungfool69

Thats ridiculous

HawkEye1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HawkEye1997
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts
belongs in blog
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#15 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Yay let's all party this fine day because this fine gentleman sold an electronic that everyone cares about!
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
If I were you I'd have kept it another month for Galaxy 2, but I'm glad you're happy with your new system.
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
then i guess you have no reason to be on the wii boards
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

But.. Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M and Zelda aren't out yet.

Too bad for you.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

That is kind of a bad move especially this year. We already have No More Heroes 2, Tatsunoko vs Capcom out. Then there is Prince of Persia, Mario Galaxy, Metroid other M, Sin and Punishment 2, Monster Hunter 3 and the Conduit 2.

Km0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Km0n
Member since 2008 • 337 Posts

good for you want a cookie?

izayoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 izayoi
Member since 2003 • 1718 Posts

tbs76
I hope you don't regret it in the future.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 slvrraven9

good for you want a cookie?

Km0n
that vid is hilarious, where did you get it from!
ekalbtwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ekalbtwin
Member since 2007 • 1044 Posts
If you want this thread to take off you should post it in system wars, bashing the wii is the in thing over there. If the wii is not your kind of system, cool. But I have to say, selling the wii at the end of this year makes more sense to me as metroid/mario/zelda are all hopefully coming out within the next 8 months. And if these three games do not appeal to someone, why did they buy a wii in the first place?
tbs76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tbs76

Some of you suggest I am dumb for getting rid of my Wii and it's because a new Mario, Zelda or Metroid game is coming out. Well, those 3 games mentioned my friends are 3 reasons I got rid of it. I am so tired of the only good games coming out on Nintendo Wii always happen to be Nintendos big franchise games. Mario Galaxy 2 looks exactly like the first one, Zelda is often too long and boring for me and I never cared for Metroid.

The Wii has terrible sports gamesfor the most part and the graphics just plain suck. There is no GTA, and only a handful of decent FPS games. The Wii is great for what it is, I am just saying I have no regrets about trading mine in. Another thing about Wii that I never understood is why the complicated online application. Whats up with adding system ID numbers and then individual game numbers to play online. Pretty slow and fustrating way to do online play. I am sorry, but Nintendo needs to get with the times man.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="tbs76"]

Some of you suggest I am dumb for getting rid of my Wii and it's because a new Mario, Zelda or Metroid game is coming out. Well, those 3 games mentioned my friends are 3 reasons I got rid of it. I am so tired of the only good games coming out on Nintendo Wii always happen to be Nintendos big franchise games. Mario Galaxy 2 looks exactly like the first one, Zelda is often too long and boring for me and I never cared for Metroid.

The Wii has terrible sports gamesfor the most part and the graphics just plain suck. There is no GTA, and only a handful of decent FPS games. The Wii is great for what it is, I am just saying I have no regrets about trading mine in. Another thing about Wii that I never understood is why the complicated online application. Whats up with adding system ID numbers and then individual game numbers to play online. Pretty slow and fustrating way to do online play. I am sorry, but Nintendo needs to get with the times man.

The Wii does not have bad sport games lately, tiger woods 10 is an example. Graphics suck? LOL, what have you been playing? Wii sports? Go play graphically good games like Mario galaxy, darkside chronicles etc. The Wii also has a lot of awesome 3rd party games RESEARCH. Every console has certain games like saying "oh the wii doesn't have gta" is like saying "oh the other consoles don't have monster hunter 3 therefore they suck!" Yes, the friend codes suck. But games like Monster Hunter 3 are unlike any wii game you have played.
tbs76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tbs76

[QUOTE="tbs76"]

Monster Hunter 3 are unlike any wii game you have played.LastRambo341

MH3! is that the best you got buddy? Well, if Monster Hunter, Pokemon, and some more Mario game remakes are the best I have to look forward to then I am really glad I got rid of my Wii. I'll go back to playing the big boy games like Gears of War.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="tbs76"]

Monster Hunter 3 are unlike any wii game you have played.tbs76

MH3! is that the best you got buddy? Well, if Monster Hunter, Pokemon, and some more Mario game remakes are the best I have to look forward to then I am really glad I got rid of my Wii. I'll go back to playing the big boy games like Gears of War.

Let me rephrase it.....MH3's online is different than any wii game online. Why? No friend codes, easier to add friends, wii speak with everyone, join friends at any time etc. Don't put words in my mouth. And don't bring childish non-wii games like Gears here.

MuppetusG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MuppetusG
Member since 2008 • 232 Posts
My heartiest congratulations go to the person you sold it to. I bet they got a great deal!
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
My heartiest congratulations go to the person you sold it to. I bet they got a great deal!MuppetusG
he probably traded it into gamestop.... what a dolt.
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

Cool! You get System Wars cred!

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

tbs76
I think Natal will be a disaster but I can see why you sold your Wii.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

You dumba**....

nintenjoe3

Seconded.

tbs, could you please explain why you thought that it was so important for you to make this thread? Honestly, do HD-only fanboys such as yourself get a good feeling about yourselves because they make aflaming threadthat has ABSOLUTELY no point such as this? I really would like to know why HD only fanboys/girls like you feel that it's important to tell us Wii owners that you sold a Wii. Please, do explain.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

tbs76

Oh dear goodness, "big boy games", Seriously? Wow, just leave.

PsYcHo_BrOwNiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 PsYcHo_BrOwNiE
Member since 2009 • 5059 Posts
Good, post this somewhere else
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#36 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

I got rid of my Wii last year and this year I bought a new one, I don't regret selling it, I needed the money. I'm happy to have it again TvC, Red Steel 2, & No More Heroes 2 are all great, and yes I want the first party stuff too.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I have been there and done that twice over the last 4 years. I use to post the same sort of crap. I completely understand your need to sound off. But, from experience i can tell you that you will regret that you sold the Wii, even if it is the least played system you own. But, you have to learn that for yourself i suppose. See ya soon.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#38 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I'm fairly sure nothing good is going to come of this thread.