good one to pick up??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cindians12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cindians12
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

Hey everyone I just had a quick question and maybe some of you could leave some comments for me to help me out. My local Circuit City (and probably many others) is selling Super Mario 64 DS for $20. I have been reading some reviews and see that it is a great game, but many people complain about the controls. Are the controls that bad that they ruin the game? I would love some feedback so I can decide if I should get it. Anyone else who has the game please comment about it. Thanks

Josh_3691

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Josh_3691
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts

The control scheme is fine as long as you the D-Pad and not the touch screen controls. At that price it's a good deal but only if you've never played the original.

If you have a Wii it's on the virtual console but with 30 less stars and no minigames, it will be cheaper though.

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts
If at this point there is nothing else you really want at the same pirce I'd say get it. Yes the controls are akward, (I found it nearly impossible to play it with the touch screen) it is a good game and, like the other guy said, if you haven't played it before thats even better. 20$ is pretty good, I bought mine for 35$ when I first got my DS.
gameplayingmom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gameplayingmom
Member since 2008 • 71 Posts

The control scheme is fine as long as you the D-Pad and not the touch screen controls. At that price it's a good deal but only if you've never played the original.

If you have a Wii it's on the virtual console but with 30 less stars and no minigames, it will be cheaper though.

Josh_3691

I agree, use the D-pad! The game is pretty good and at that price its a good deal.

Player94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Player94
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts

Hey everyone I just had a quick question and maybe some of you could leave some comments for me to help me out. My local Circuit City (and probably many others) is selling Super Mario 64 DS for $20. I have been reading some reviews and see that it is a great game, but many people complain about the controls. Are the controls that bad that they ruin the game? I would love some feedback so I can decide if I should get it. Anyone else who has the game please comment about it. Thanks

cindians12
It's worth the $20s I got it for $30s,but that's not the point it's fun and that's that(except for the touch screen)
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
that's a good deal, i would buy it even you have played the original, i dont think the controlls take away from the game,
Avatar image for XxShadowTongyxX
XxShadowTongyxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 XxShadowTongyxX
Member since 2008 • 414 Posts
Its the same as the orgininal game. Though I do not like it for the DS. The camara angles are all crappy, and makes the game difficult to play. Though yea, if that is the only game you currently want for that price, than I would say get it. Its still a decent game.
cindians12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cindians12
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
thanks for all of the great feedback everyone. I just got back from the store and I did buy it. From what you guys said, it sounds like I am in luck because I have never played the original. :)