This topic is locked from further discussion.

Superlink517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Superlink517
Member since 2004 • 1849 Posts

Sorry if this is old (or a hoax), I haven't been in the forums in like, forever because I've been pretty busy with work and school lately (not that any of you would know me, or care that I haven't been posting!)....

Anyway, I stumbled across this, and thought it'd be reaaally sweet if it was true! I actually started playing the Golden Sun games again, and I'm already on the second one, so it'd be really perfect timing if this came out anytime soon!

The article (not really much of an article though) says: "Finally! after a really long wait rumor has it Nintendo has been showing a small demo of the next Golden Sun game for the Nintendo DS.

According to joystiq, the game was showed at a pre-E3 show and keeps using the semi 3D gameplays+y1e (sorry, the word is bleeped)The storyline starts where the last Golden Sun ended so it might be time to get the dust off your copy and start playing it again.

No word on when the game will be available or if it will be shown to the press during this E3."

Aaand the link: http://thenproject.com/tags/nintendo-ds

So what do you think... is it a hoax? Is it real? If it is, I hope they make it 3D-ish like Pokemon Diamond and Pearl! Oh yeah, and Isaac and companions for Brawl ftw!

donaldo1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 donaldo1989
Member since 2005 • 6489 Posts
it is fake. The person who did it admitted it on his blog or something saying he did it to revive the excitement of golden sun
Myviewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 Myviewing
Member since 2006 • 539 Posts

it is fake. The person who did it admitted it on his blog or something saying he did it to revive the excitement of golden sundonaldo1989

Yeah... It would be cool if it weren't though. My question is though, how would the story continue? Would it use the same characters from the previous games or a new cast entirely?

Ellimist314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Ellimist314
Member since 2007 • 1375 Posts
It wouldn't be hard for Camelot to continue the story. Supposedly everyone can use alchemy now, and we still don't know what happened to Alex.
Avatar image for The_Consequence
The_Consequence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 The_Consequence
Member since 2005 • 149 Posts
I don't know why they haven't already done this. I haven't seen a Camelot studios game come out since GS 2 and I don't think they disbanded it. I guess they are just ignoring the best game series ever. btw, Issac, Garet, Ivan, Felix, Jenna, Mia, Piers and Sheba would be awesome on Brawl.
h_graves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 h_graves
Member since 2005 • 210 Posts

Well, the last time they talk about golden sun was in this interview:

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200710/N07.1009.1738.03309.htm?Page=3

Avatar image for The_Consequence
The_Consequence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 The_Consequence
Member since 2005 • 149 Posts
Whoa, that wasn't too long ago. It sounds like they plan on making it too.
YoshiSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 YoshiSoldier
Member since 2006 • 182 Posts
Man Golden Sun on the DS would be well worth it. i loved them on the GBA
SeanN003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 SeanN003
Member since 2007 • 468 Posts
I saw the same thing on DSfanboy not too long ago. I hope it really comes.
gigaman299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 gigaman299
Member since 2004 • 1735 Posts
I saw this screenshot around last year... although I believed it back then.
SamuraiChef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SamuraiChef
Member since 2006 • 213 Posts
Yeah it was believable because of the hype, we all can wish for a return to Cam but not anytime soon.

I personally can't complete the second one but I too wouldn't mind this as a perfect timing release. I remember the 'golden' days when you had to get hands on proof of something, nothing was hoax or hyped-fake. In order for it to be true we read it in magazines and saw photos, now everything is doctored on a home pc and ridiculously faked. Perfect example Halo 3 break in, who breaks ina nd steals one copy?!..what-the-heck-ever. Oh back to the topic, GOLDEN SUN DAY SOURCE!
Moogleman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Moogleman23
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts
I would love to see a new golden sun game for the DS. It may be easier to switch between Psi power in the field using 2 screens.
Superlink517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Superlink517
Member since 2004 • 1849 Posts

This line makes it seem REALLY hopeful: "Hiroyuki Takahashi: First of all, I love that game and I love the world of Golden Sun. We think we have to make another one. We have to do it! Not just that we have to do it, but we want to do it. Nintendo has asked us to please make it. But at the same time we haven't gotten around to making it. We're not really sure why. (laughs)"

They want to, they need to, they just have to get around to it?! Dangit camelot come on!!

Red_Trigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Red_Trigger
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
I hope GS comes to DS. That's a teaser.
Avatar image for FrozenDragon123
FrozenDragon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 FrozenDragon123
Member since 2005 • 831 Posts
I would like a new Golden Sun very much.
Roxasrocks34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Roxasrocks34
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

BIG NEWS!!! IT is true about a Golden Sun game being released on the DS but it is coming out in 2010. So be happy!!!

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
HEY YOU! STOP IT RIGHT THERE! why di-- HEY DONT RUN AWAY! *throws a pebble in fugitive's head, and jumps over him* now now, calm down... again: why the hell did you revive a 2 year old thread? SPECIALLY when there's already a thread on THE FIRST PAGE talking about golden sun DS! everyone knows about it, you didnt have to revive a thread because of that.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

BIG NEWS!!! IT is true about a Golden Sun game being released on the DS but it is coming out in 2010. So be happy!!!

Roxasrocks34

Dude, why would you bump a 2 year old thread? You know you will most likely get modded for it.