Games that are similair to Zelda twilight princess ~suggestions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Old_Lady_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Old_Lady_Gamer
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hi; I'm looking for games that are like/similair to Zelda series? I really enjoy the game play-characters-maicially ways-the items we need to get/aquire to to use or chase after/figure out where they are or what is needed. the game play over all,everything involved basically....Can you suggest Wii games ? :) Thank you for your help/advice :) Kat
Avatar image for deactivated-5c009341336cd
deactivated-5c009341336cd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5c009341336cd
Member since 2004 • 1855 Posts

okami, metroid trilogy

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Twlight Princess is nothing like Okami don't listen. Metroid Prime games have the adventuring of zelda

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

Twlight Princess is nothing like Okami don't listen. Metroid Prime games have the adventuring of zelda

Cruse34

Okami has a similar gameplayto Zelda.

gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts

Cruse34

Okami is VERY similar to Zelda, and is a great game.

Metroid Prime, not so much...

RatbagOz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RatbagOz
I am actually very interested in the same question, perhaps if someone could tell us why or why not those games are similar it would help, I know nothing of metroid prime, but had thought it was a very futuristic more violence based type of game, one thing I love about Zelda is the more gentle type of violence it has, so hard to describe since it still is a bit violent, but you know the whole back to swordplay type thing..... Dog Island is one that has a lot of fetch and carry in a fairly intricate storyline, it's not bad, but it's certainly no where near the level of TP and is aimed at young children, my kids would love it, except there's a lot of reading and no voiceovers, and they can't read yet, I liked it enough to finish it since I had it anyway, if you're really into dogs, I'd suggest it, cause it's cute, but otherwise, I'd rate it an "OK" or a little over. RB
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

Cruse34
The hell are you talking about? Okami is WAY more similar to LoZ than Metroid Prime. In Twilight Princess, you transform into a wolf, and in Okami, you ARE a wolf. The combat in LoZ is also MUCH more similar to Okami than Metroid Prime. In Metroid Prime, you shoot. In LoZ, you can shot arrows but most combat is done through sword. In Okami, most combat is done with whatever weapon you have equipped in combination with brush spells. In all three games though, you get a new item/ability/brush spell with every dungeon/area. But Okami and LoZ's rate of getting new stuff is more consistent than Metroid Prime's I think.
RetroNinja21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RetroNinja21
[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

Chojuto
The hell are you talking about? Okami is WAY more similar to LoZ than Metroid Prime. In Twilight Princess, you transform into a wolf, and in Okami, you ARE a wolf. The combat in LoZ is also MUCH more similar to Okami than Metroid Prime. In Metroid Prime, you shoot. In LoZ, you can shot arrows but most combat is done through sword. In Okami, most combat is done with whatever weapon you have equipped in combination with brush spells. In all three games though, you get a new item/ability/brush spell with every dungeon/area. But Okami and LoZ's rate of getting new stuff is more consistent than Metroid Prime's I think.

I second that.
DeeDeeDee-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 DeeDeeDee-er
Member since 2006 • 1067 Posts

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

chris3116

Beyond just that. The sections in both games where you get locked in a red area with enemies to defeat, the fact that for part of TP you're a wolf. Okami is basically like if you made a Zelda game, then changed the setting, characters, weapons, and story. The gameplay is almost identical. Not to say it's a bad game, I like Okami much more than TP, but I also love TP. Okami is one of my 5 favorite games ever, so it's definitely worth getting. Metroid Prime has the adventuring of Zelda games, and it has the aspect where you journey through many areas, gaining weapons, and the temples/dungeons both involve huge areas where you have to backtrack and find things in one area to use somewhere else. It's basically like a whole 'nother game like Zelda, with the theme swapped for Sci-Fi, put in FP, and given a gun/blaster instead of a sword. I never realized how similar they were but when I think about it the games are actually very similar. Not as similar as Okami, but the basic idea is very similar.
Joeker96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Joeker96
Member since 2009 • 828 Posts

[QUOTE="chris3116"]

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

DeeDeeDee-er

Beyond just that. The sections in both games where you get locked in a red area with enemies to defeat, the fact that for part of TP you're a wolf. Okami is basically like if you made a Zelda game, then changed the setting, characters, weapons, and story. The gameplay is almost identical. Not to say it's a bad game, I like Okami much more than TP, but I also love TP. Okami is one of my 5 favorite games ever, so it's definitely worth getting. Metroid Prime has the adventuring of Zelda games, and it has the aspect where you journey through many areas, gaining weapons, and the temples/dungeons both involve huge areas where you have to backtrack and find things in one area to use somewhere else. It's basically like a whole 'nother game like Zelda, with the theme swapped for Sci-Fi, put in FP, and given a gun/blaster instead of a sword. I never realized how similar they were but when I think about it the games are actually very similar. Not as similar as Okami, but the basic idea is very similar.

Definatley, so simply put, go for Okami

bobbywinters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bobbywinters
Member since 2009 • 55 Posts
I'd say Okami is closer to zelda, but mp is a still a great shooter/adventure
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#12 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
Mmh, I know is not the answer you expect but you should, if you haven't, play Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker. All of the 3D Zelda titles and, if you're adventurous enough, you can try Link to the Past and the original Zelda Aside from that, I agree with some poster, Metroid is your best chance because is a deep adventure and you gain new tools/powers as you advance Okami is not like Zelda, despite being good is not really the same experience
GameOracle13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GameOracle13
Member since 2009 • 52 Posts
There's Okami and on the 360/PS3 The Darksiders is coming soon.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
Okami has some similarities, actually it is quite better than TP in my opinion. Better Graphics, story, characters, it out does TP. Also the other Zelda games are on the VC and they are all really good, TP is just not my favorite of the 3D series(its still a great game though.)
GameOracle13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GameOracle13
Member since 2009 • 52 Posts
Forgot you could go on the VC.
DeeDeeDee-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DeeDeeDee-er
Member since 2006 • 1067 Posts

Mmh, I know is not the answer you expect but you should, if you haven't, play Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker. All of the 3D Zelda titles and, if you're adventurous enough, you can try Link to the Past and the original Zelda Aside from that, I agree with some poster, Metroid is your best chance because is a deep adventure and you gain new tools/powers as you advance Okami is not like Zelda, despite being good is not really the same experienceenrique_marrodz

You don't do that in Okami? My bad I must have been playing a different game also named Okami :roll:.

zinder5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zinder5
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts

Can somebody tell me about the replayability of all those recommended games? Is it pretty much the same once you beat it?

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#18 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
I am actually very interested in the same question, perhaps if someone could tell us why or why not those games are similar it would help, I know nothing of metroid prime, but had thought it was a very futuristic more violence based type of game, one thing I love about Zelda is the more gentle type of violence it has, so hard to describe since it still is a bit violent, but you know the whole back to swordplay type thing..... Dog Island is one that has a lot of fetch and carry in a fairly intricate storyline, it's not bad, but it's certainly no where near the level of TP and is aimed at young children, my kids would love it, except there's a lot of reading and no voiceovers, and they can't read yet, I liked it enough to finish it since I had it anyway, if you're really into dogs, I'd suggest it, cause it's cute, but otherwise, I'd rate it an "OK" or a little over. RBRatbagOz
the metroid prime series is rated Teen in the US, so its not a particularly violent game. youre certainly killing lots of enemy creatures (much like you would in zelda), but the violence isnt played up like fallout 3 or anything. small buggish critters will splat into green slime, larger enemies might get vaporized instantly into ashes, others might get encased in ice and shatter, or some other method to make the enemy die in a satisfying manner but not but by using fountains of blood. the gameplay is similar to zelda in that its main element is adventure. you explore the world around you and aquire suit attachments to progress much like you seek out new equipment in a zelda dungeon to progress. if you havent played the prime series, then you really owe it to yourself to get the newly released trilogy bundle (even moreso if youre an adventure fan).
Avatar image for lex_in_the_moon
lex_in_the_moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 lex_in_the_moon
Member since 2007 • 770 Posts

Okami's the closest thing you can find on the Wii to Twilight Princess although they aren't insanely identical, Okami seems to have a bit smaller focus on combat.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#20 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

okami, metroid trilogy

tmgwarrior72

:? Metroid is nothing like Zelda...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34791 Posts

[QUOTE="tmgwarrior72"]

okami, metroid trilogy

BuryMe

:? Metroid is nothing like Zelda...

If you like games such as Zelda (long adventure games with many locations to explore and power-ups to collect) you're likely going to enjoy Metroid. I'd say Zelda and Metroid are pretty much alike.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

Yeah Okami is definitly the closest thing to Zelda, despite what some people are saying on here. The developers even said it was inspired by the Zelda series. Of course other than playing past Zeldas (which you should), you could try Sphinx: Cursed Mummy, Beyond Good and Evil, Star Fox Adventures, and Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube. They are all great Zelda type adventure games (trust me, that's my favorite genre by far), and can all be played on the Wii. Star Fox and Eternal Darkness even run in widescreen mode. Metroid is a pretty good match too, it basically is sci-fi Zelda. I can't really think of too many other Wii adventure games unfortunatly. Super Paper Mario is kinda close, its an action platformer RPG. If anyone else knows of any though I'd like to hear it too.