Gamecube compatibility with the Wii

This topic is locked from further discussion.

talcom5231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 talcom5231
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Are all GameCube games compatible with the Wii? I was curious about any problem games. Thanks
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

Yes they are.

everlong12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 everlong12
Member since 2008 • 648 Posts

All games are but there may be a problem if you have the component cables for the Wii. I have Mega Man, Mega Man X and Zelda Collection games and I had to take the component cables off and put the original cables on because I wasn't getting any video signal. This is just recent so it may be because of an update becaus I didn't use to have issues. Other then that I have never had another problem with GC compatibility with the Wii.

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

All games are but there may be a problem if you have the component cables for the Wii. I have Mega Man, Mega Man X and Zelda Collection games and I had to take the component cables off and put the original cables on because I wasn't getting any video signal. This is just recent so it may be because of an update becaus I didn't use to have issues. Other then that I have never had another problem with GC compatibility with the Wii.

everlong12

i ahve never had any issues withthe dozen or so GCN games i have tried on the wii, some actually run better (never had a HD tv for my gcn)

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

yes they are.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

For some reason my Wii won't play Eternal Darkness right. The backgrounds are missing during cutscenes and when I walk into rooms sometimes the screen turns black with music playing but I can't do anything. Works fine on my Gamecube though. It's probably just some freak issue.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

For some reason my Wii won't play Eternal Darkness right. The backgrounds are missing during cutscenes and when I walk into rooms sometimes the screen turns black with music playing but I can't do anything. Works fine on my Gamecube though. It's probably just some freak issue.

AlmightyDerek

I can't play Eternal Darkness either. I get this horrible noise as soon as I start playing and it just doesn't stop. Every other Gamecube game I've tried works fine, though.

Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#8 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"]

LordQuorthon

I can't play Eternal Darkness either. I get this horrible noise as soon as I start playing and it just doesn't stop. Every other Gamecube game I've tried works fine, though.

Weird...that was actually the last game I played through on the Cube before I got the Wii.
SoulessWing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SoulessWing
Yes you need a gamecube controller and you take off one of the sides on the wii and there should be controller ports to put it in.
JessMarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 JessMarz
Member since 2011 • 118 Posts

Yes, they are all compatible.

GeneralJony619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GeneralJony619
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
yes, theres even a slot to put ur gc memory cards in them.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"]

LordQuorthon

Even tho the Wii is an overclocked gamecube a couple pieces of hardware were removed & reimplemented another way. that might be a cause. or it could just be ur standard software issue. there is a way to get it working(with some audio glitches), but its not exactly a topic thats allowed here nor that im willing to discuss.

deah1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deah1979
I have found virtually all games are compatible. However I decided to buy a seperate gamecube for cheap as I thought hey less stress on the wii. But saying that it will probably back up soon but its worth a blast
samclockwise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 samclockwise
Member since 2011 • 76 Posts
I know I can play my gamecube games on the wii but it just doesn't feel like I should.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

there have been only minor problems with gamecube games that supported progressive scan mode. just minor gaphic glitches.All Gamecube work on the Wii. Since the processorsare very similar. The Wii CPU and GPU are more or less the same processor. Gamecuberuns at 485 MegaHertz and the Wii at 729 MegaHertz. Foxconn and IBM are responsible for the Gamecube and Wii processors.

So all Gamecube games work on Wii,for this reason.

Avatar image for marioandlinkfan
marioandlinkfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 marioandlinkfan
Member since 2006 • 223 Posts

nope no problems for me I use the standard red white and yellow cables itcomes with but i guess the component ones might have some problems with the older games.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

I think it has issues with one game, but it's an incredibly obscure game. So pretty much 100%.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#18 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
[QUOTE="LordQuorthon"]

[QUOTE="AlmightyDerek"]

Los9090

Weird...that was actually the last game I played through on the Cube before I got the Wii.

I still play it from time to time. Your disk may be dirty or scratched, or your Wii may need to be cleaned Regards
almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 almossbb
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

Are all GameCube games compatible with the Wii? I was curious about any problem games. Thankstalcom5231

yea man every single gamecube game ever created will work on the wii