Friend keeps saying the wii is...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Golden_Flames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Golden_Flames
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts
For little kids. I ask him why the wii has more sales then, and he says that the little kids beg there mom. Then he goes on a rant and says that the wii is the worst of all three. Then i told him that most people on the Nintendo forums are the ages of 20+ but he goes all "so what, it's still a kids system. He bought a wii and says it's boring as hell. Can some of you please tell him that he's just over reacting and a possible sony/microsoft fan boy..even though he says i "likes" all systems...
Golden_Flames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Golden_Flames
Anyone have anything to say?
movin_target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 movin_target
Member since 2005 • 3412 Posts
After seeing Nintendo's Press Event I cant say its for kids but for sad sack casuals
7arek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 7arek
Member since 2007 • 725 Posts

After seeing Nintendo's Press Event I cant say its for kids but for sad sack casualsmovin_target

Sadly, I agree.

harleyrulesall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 harleyrulesall
Member since 2005 • 1617 Posts
Ask him if re4 is for little kids then tell him to die
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
he has a point, but some games are also for mature audiences. And what family cant have fun with wii sports!?!?!
Golden_Flames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Golden_Flames
He just called everyone on this board a 10 year old.
movin_target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 movin_target
Member since 2005 • 3412 Posts
He just called everyone on this board a 10 year old.Golden_Flames

Tell him to go **** a D***
japanesegoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 japanesegoth
Member since 2004 • 2164 Posts
well i'd say your friend sounds like a 10 year old. if he can't just be mature enough to not bash the wii...i stood in line through the night it was released and i'd say about 95% of the people were over 20. and they were buying it for themselves. you're more mature since you don't have to seek approval from your friends for everything you do. if you think it's fun then get it. i would eventually get a ps3 or 360 except i have no confidence in M$ or sony's ability to produce a console that won't break 2 years after i buy it. i've never had problems with nintendo...
Golden_Flames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Golden_Flames

well i'd say your friend sounds like a 10 year old. if he can't just be mature enough to not bash the wii...i stood in line through the night it was released and i'd say about 95% of the people were over 20. and they were buying it for themselves. you're more mature since you don't have to seek approval from your friends for everything you do. if you think it's fun then get it. i would eventually get a ps3 or 360 except i have no confidence in M$ or sony's ability to produce a console that won't break 2 years after i buy it. i've never had problems with nintendo...japanesegoth

Thank you, that is exactly what i was looking for.

heroofwinds1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 heroofwinds1
Member since 2006 • 758 Posts
people who do not know or have not played nintendo games and especially wii think that it is for kids.this thought is simply wrong because nintendo games despite their graphic look or other issues that make a game for kids in the eyes of those who have not played them have something more important.they have a gameplay that stands beyond their looks and it is mature enough for anyone to enjoy it.they are made for all ages,for anyone who want to travel to a dream and leave his reality back.art has no limits and ages and a game that lets you live another side of yourself you always wanted to be or live a dream that comes true can not be limited either by borders or from someone who can not understand or has not tried to see beyond from what a fanboy feeling can let him or what he thinks videogames are.
Avatar image for GmeShadowMaster
GmeShadowMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GmeShadowMaster
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts
Some of the games on wii are geared for little kids, but that doesn't mean all are. Resident Evil 4. There are so many age group games coming out for the wii. So your friend is stupid. Enough said.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I'd like to see your friend here because I'd like to flame him so much on how I'm a 10 years old. At 10 years old, I played on SNES and Sega Genesis. IMO, they are still the best consoles ever made.

It's basically. He didn't play it at all and want to be a wannabe hardcore gamer who wants too much mature games because he thinks he's cool. I have a feeling he's not in ageto buy1 rated M game.

Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
Kids eh? Nah.. Oh you guys are going to flame saying about the Disney games? on the Wii? Note : Theirs more Rated M games on the Wii then Disney games Fact : People have forever been saying that about Nintendo.
Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

[QUOTE="movin_target"]After seeing Nintendo's Press Event I cant say its for kids but for sad sack casuals7arek

Sadly, I agree.

Actually, the only "sad sack casuals" are the pathetic trolls who bash consoles mindlessly instead of PLAYING the games they think are good.
micahismyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 micahismyname
Member since 2007 • 427 Posts

i think the biggest problem with your friend is that he can't dicern between kiddy, and kid-friendly. the amount of genious of somthing is not determined by cartoony themes. lazytown is live action but kid friendly, and its kiddy. the lion king is a cartoon, its not kiddy, its kid friendly, and adults enjoy as much or more than kids.

another side to this is a stereotype set pre-school shows. from the first time big bird looked at the screen and said hi there, to the latest hand motion requested from dora the explorer interacting with your tv has been seen as childs play. but who is to say that interacting with the tv is for children? people of all ages watch tv: people of all ages play racing games at the arcade that require in-depth interaction: people of all ages play ddr at the arcade, somtimes adding unessasary flare foot button mashing: people of all ages shoot deer in buck hunt at the arcade. why not combine these arcade things with what you have in your living room?