Final Fantasy Revenant Wings, or Final Fantasy IX?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Robbie8912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 0

#1 Robbie8912
Member since 2006 • 2299 Posts

After carefully going over the recommendation thread, and doing a lot of of video and written researching, as well as looking up reviews and video reviews on Youtube I have decided to get my first Final Fantasy game in years. I bought Tactics for my Gameboy Advance. While fun, the restrictions on weapons and powers was infurriating! And it seemed to get impossibly hard even near the beginning. Needless to say, it showed me that Turn Based strategy games were not for me. Now, Tactics gave me a bleak look at Final Fantasy, and since then I have not touched the series. However, looking at the reviews and videos for these two DS games, I think the excitement spark is coming back.

Now here is my problem: Which one should I get? I like the look of the Revenant Wings because it's an RTS type of thing, and I like those games. The graphics are nice, and it gets good scores on reviews. But I also am getting drawn into Final Fantasy IX, which is odd for me because I don't usually like RPG games where you are suddenly attacked by something and you have to "Pokemon style" fight with it until you die, or the enemy does.

I think both look quite exciting, but I just can't choose between them right now! What shall I do?

Blake_H15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Blake_H15
Member since 2009 • 111 Posts
I havent played FF IX but i have played Revenat wings and suggest you get it. Its really fun and some parts can be a little difficult but that just adds more fun. you can create your own weapons which is pretty cool and it has a good story.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

There is no question get FF9. This shouldn't be open for debate for which one is better because 9 outshines it in every way possible.

Avatar image for krato_sephiroth
krato_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 krato_sephiroth
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts

FFIX all the way..revenant wings is a really good game( I was able to finish it 1st time i played it, unlike ff12)

Im playing ff9 now, and Im hopeing squenix can pull off the charm in that game with ff13

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
well, FF revenant wings is an RTS (a very simple one) mixed with RPG. i'd recommend the first final fantasy XII (the PS2 one), since it's more action-based (while still turn-based... sorta), and you can clearly see and avoid the enemies you dont want to fight. besides, it's a great game.
Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#6 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

Did you mean Final Fantasy IV? IX was on the PS1, and that's a great game. But I'm assuming you meant IV, because this is after all, the DS board. That's a great game as well, buta lot of leveling up needs doing. As for Revenant Wings, that's pretty good as well. Out of the two DS games, I'd say go with Revenant Wings, because of the story. IV's isn't all that great, imo.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Final Fantasy IX is on PS1, so this falls outside of the DS board.