Final Fantasy 5? 6? 7?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for bunnyofdoom2001
bunnyofdoom2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bunnyofdoom2001
Member since 2007 • 145 Posts
Do you think that Square-Enix will keep releasing new versions of Final Fantasy for the DS? They've done 3 and are working on 4, so its possible.
wagepeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wagepeace
Member since 2007 • 885 Posts
i hope not, now that im trying to get them all for GBA/DS
GS16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 GS16
Member since 2006 • 699 Posts
I hope so. FF3 was good and FF4 is shaping up to be even better.
Lafuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Lafuigi
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
I missed up on the masterpiece that was Final Fantasy 7 so I hope they can work it out on the DS but I hope they dont keep putting the 2-D FF games on the DS.
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
I want VI, VII, VIII, and IX. Those are the ones that I liked best in the series. I couldn't care less about IV or V, or anything after IX.
runtheplacered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 runtheplacered
Member since 2006 • 813 Posts
wow....... how can you not like iv, and yet be a fan of FF? Weird. IV is so much better then vii, imo.
Avatar image for bunnyofdoom2001
bunnyofdoom2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bunnyofdoom2001
Member since 2007 • 145 Posts
At the very least, I hope they remake FF6. My life would be complete.
pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 pikastar
Member since 2006 • 3405 Posts
Final Fantasy IV is gonna be awesome. I sure hope they make V and VI for the DS. However, if they remake VII it will more likely be on a playstation system and not nintendo. A remake of VII for the PSP would be perfect :D Wouldnt mind seeing VIII and IX on a handheld as well.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
I dunno, the only FF I played was VI, and I liked it. So a remake seems good to me.
SlorgieNel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SlorgieNel
Member since 2005 • 1704 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath for 7-12, but they'll probably bring over the rest of the older titles.
lyoko411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lyoko411
Member since 2007 • 591 Posts

If they remade 5 and 6 it would be for the DS and PSP or just DS or just PSP. But with 7 sony would be really mad if it was remade for a nintendo console but if they remade it for both DS and PSP i dont think they would be as mad. But still 7 not very likely. But 5 and 6 will probably be remade.

XExPiReD08X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 XExPiReD08X
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts

Well, I think they'll make only one more FF game on the DS.
If anything, I'd think they make some more on the PSP. I'd
be really excited if they made FF7 on the PSP, hence it's my
favorite FF game ever lol. But yeah, I don't think Nintedo will
release any more FF games on the DS. But I could be wrong!
I have DS and hopefully getting PSP for the holidays, so if they
make one for either or, I'm still happy :D!!

_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a remake of FFV or VI, but I would rather see them work on new projects instead of continuing to re-release the same game. I mean, the GBA versions of IV, V and VI have come out and now another version may be overdoing it a little.

I can't really complain, though. I really enjoyed FFIV, so I'll definitely pick this one up when it's available. Part of me wishes for an announcement of a Chrono Trigger remake, though.

Tokyo512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tokyo512
Member since 2007 • 1207 Posts
For the DS, probably. I mean, V and VI probably. If you guys can remember, those games only took like 16mb(except maybe Vi took a little more...)but ffVII... exactly HOW much memory was that again? It would not be a remake if they tried to do VII on the DS. It would be more of a dumb-down.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Its rumored they're going to remake FFVI
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

FFV and FFVI are possible for DS, Crisis Core is already coming to PSP which is a prequel to FFVII.

If there is a FFVII remake, it will be on PS3.

JediKnightJace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JediKnightJace
Member since 2004 • 37 Posts

FFIV is going to be good, but they should just avoid V altogether. It didn't even try to have a plot. VI would be freakin' amazing, it would rock in full 3D with FMV cutscenes. Again, VII, not gonna happen. It would take MUCH too much adaptation to try to squeeze it onto the DS, not to mention the fact that VII is pretty much exclusively a Sony thing.

As much as a FFVI remake would rock, I would prefer a Chrono Trigger remake to even that. Chrono Trigger is an amazing game that is WAY overdue for a remake. Also, I've just been playing Dragon Quest IV for the DS, and it's incredible. Square Enix needs to plan a North American release for it and its' sequels, Dragon Quests V and VI. Oh, and a remake of DQ VII would be nice.

And while I'm wishing, I want a pony.

gwarlito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gwarlito
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
For the DS? I don't think so just because of the re-releases of FFV and FFVI that were on the GBA recently. Who knows though, it's not like Square wouldn't be making money off of them.
NeoXPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NeoXPG
Member since 2004 • 262 Posts
It would be awesome if they did all of them. However I don't know if they would be able to do VII - IX as I believe they had some kind of exclusivity with Sony. It would be cool as the DS would have enough power to run those, all though they were each on Multiple CD's like I think 4, meaning if they kept everything intact they would need a DS card that held 2GB of data. Don't think that will happen. Of course if they redid the cut scenes to a lower rez and frame rate or made them into realtime cinemas they could make it substantially smaller.
patrickmanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 patrickmanx
Member since 2007 • 398 Posts
MAybe, square-enix has big plans remaking the serie, but with FF 7, mmmm hard question huh
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
V and VI are very possible. Umm, VII however... oi, that game was huge. I imagine it would be problematic for any handheld to have that game (I don't believe even the PSP's UMDs have sufficient capacity)
SeanN003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 SeanN003
Member since 2007 • 468 Posts

Final FantasyV-VIare pretty obvious for SE to remake.

Honestly, Final Fantasy VII-IX would probably never be remade or ported or whatever for the DS. They would probably go to Sony, as to remake them for the DS they would have to almost totally remake the game, while they could easily port it to the PSP. I'm just stating the facts.

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts
How about instead of a remake they make an entirely orignal FF for the DS. As much as I like the other FF's and remakes, a completely new FF would just be awesome.
axemaster72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 axemaster72
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Its possible to remake both 5 and 6 and i hope that they make them for the DS because i lost 5/6 for my GBA and dont feel like buying them again. And who cares if 6 is a little too big for a single DS cartridge. It can be the first DS game that uses 2 carts.

BoG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 BoG_
Member since 2003 • 2155 Posts

I want VI, VII, VIII, and IX. Those are the ones that I liked best in the series. I couldn't care less about IV or V, or anything after IX.SmashBrosLegend

!

Obviously you have never played Final Fantasy V, which is extremely addictive. Possibly the best character system in the series, it's so fun! I mean, yes, I like IX and VI more defenitely, but V is my 3rd favorite! you gotta love it!

ramulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 ramulux
Member since 2004 • 2253 Posts
I missed up on the masterpiece that was Final Fantasy 7 so I hope they can work it out on the DS but I hope they dont keep putting the 2-D FF games on the DS.Lafuigi
i agree
project-exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 project-exile
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts
I was reading about the new final fantasy four for the ds and in the magazine play they had a rumor about square enix doing final fantasy 5 and 6. Of course until I see a official word from square enix I won't believe it. So there might be a good possibility of those two games coming out sometime.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

V and VI wouldn't surprise me at all if they came to the DS.

VII I doubt. If they ever remake it, it'd go to the PS3 I'd guess.

project-exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 project-exile

V and VI wouldn't surprise me at all if they came to the DS.

VII I doubt. If they ever remake it, it'd go to the PS3 I'd guess.

Eikichi-Onizuka

I doubt 7 would come out on the ds. Five and six I could see those games coming out sometime. I just don't know when. If they did would the same cgi movies that where in the ps1 version be in the ds remakes or not would be my question to square enix.

radicalplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 radicalplace
Member since 2005 • 2010 Posts
They will probably remake V and VI for DS but by the time they release VI the DS will be near the end of it's life span anyway. Hopefully they continue the remakes on the DS 2 or whatever comes out in its place and start with Final Fantay VII. FF VII could work on a DS 2. Then we have brilliant remakes of FF III - IX :D
SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#32 SiK99
Member since 2008 • 1673 Posts
If IV sells well, I don't see any reason for them to NOT bring V and VI to the DS. They screwed up by bringing them to the GBA at the very end of its life cycle. Now is the time to cash in. I agree with most of you that VII won't be a DS game, but there is always the slim chance that it could go to the PSP, or even the DS2. FF VII was a PS1 game and the PSP is more or less on par with the PS1 graphically so it is possible. Lets hope the next iteration of the DS pushes its graphics a bit higher!
Ignite2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ignite2k3
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts

the way things i going, it really looks like they are making the DS a FF hub, just like PSX was.. imagine if they remade all the FFs til FF9. but FF7, FF8 and FF9 would be like tone down, to graphically look like FF3 and FF4 for the DS. it would be totally cool. Its not like FF7 - FF9 had great graphics, it would be forgivable. just try to imagine FF8's characters looking like FF3(DS)'s character!! TOTALLY COOL! I TOTALLY DIG THAT!! haha

Ignite2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ignite2k3
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts

the way things i going, it really looks like they are making the DS a FF hub, just like PSX was.. imagine if they remade all the FFs til FF9. but FF7, FF8 and FF9 would be like tone down, to graphically look like FF3 and FF4 for the DS. it would be totally cool. Its not like FF7 - FF9 had great graphics, it would be forgivable. just try to imagine FF8's characters looking like FF3(DS)'s character!! TOTALLY COOL! I TOTALLY DIG THAT!! haha

BoG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 BoG_
Member since 2003 • 2155 Posts

Thinking further, who can imagine FFVI on the DS? I mean, the game is so well done for its graphical format, it has tons of design areas that can only be done how they were done. I don't know if it would really be a good idea.

Also, as for VII and VIII, those games graphics were not as good as FFIII DS, technically only IX surpassed the DS games.

planetvash112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 planetvash112
Member since 2006 • 598 Posts

I could see IX on the Wii maybe, cause it's more of a Nintendo game IMO.

EDIT: I would want a VI remake on the DS, that definitely.

project-exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 project-exile

I could see IX on the Wii maybe, cause it's more of a Nintendo game IMO.

EDIT: I would want a VI remake on the DS, that definitely.

planetvash112

I want a VI remake just to see sabin carry the big house on his back and say "You think the end of the world would stop me lol" Oh man that was a great line. I could see it in square enix's cards to do a remake of the game.

Dymond7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#38 Dymond7
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts

It would be really cool if they released FFV FFVI on the PSP and FFVII and FF8 (Sorry, I'm not good with greek numbers) on the DS. but that would be.. kind'a unfair to people who only own a DS or people who only own a PSP.

Avatar image for ViolentPressure
ViolentPressure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ViolentPressure
Member since 2005 • 5521 Posts
I think 5 and 6 would be great on the DS, not sure if FF7 is possible though, that game was a couple of gigs on PlayStation and the biggest DS games are like 120ish MB, just not possible from a storage point of view.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

dont like FF "5" that much... FF VI is a worldwide favorite, so probably yes.

heard FF VII may be too big for a DS game, and since the DS doesnt work with discs, you cant have multiple discs for the same game.

too bad...

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

I suspect we will see VII, VIII, and IX on the PS3, especially since they have already shown a "tech demo" of how the intro to Final Fantasy VII would look on the PS3.

I'm hoping they remake VIII since I never actually played that one. Most of the reason that I haven't is that I figure they will redo it at some point without choppy PS1 graphics. God knows they've remade the 2d ones enough times.

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
if they remake (not port) FFVI for the DS, I can safely conclude that the DS has been the king of JRPGs this gen
SpootyHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SpootyHead
Member since 2005 • 2702 Posts
VII is already a big game, and wouldn't seem right on the DS. Final Fantasy VI would not be able to fit on a DS game cartridge if it was rendered in 3D, had CG movies, updated music, and voice acting.
Twit92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Twit92
Member since 2005 • 87 Posts
I came here hoping to confrim some questions, but I only find hypothesis...The Japanese Square site has some game for DS which looks like a direct sequel to Final Fantasy IV coming out, I can't read Japanese, but the title is half in english, It's called Final Fantasy IV The After...so I was wondering if they only realeased IV for DS in order to make a sequel with matching graphics/voice overs...but they also ported a remake of III which throws all my suspicionsout of whack...I suppose they could have done III because it's was a relatively unheard of game at the time, but I don't know.
Avatar image for AnonymousKitten
AnonymousKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AnonymousKitten
Member since 2008 • 164 Posts
VII and VIII are the most obvious games in the world for square to release for the DS 2.0.
DSFREAK4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DSFREAK4
Member since 2008 • 131 Posts

i haven't played 5 or 6, but i think that if they made 7 or 8 with voice acting and the works, they'd have to be in 3 or 4 cartridges each....but it would be so good... playing FF at any point in time... and then make it on the wii, and then you could be able to download files onto the DS... or onto the Wii...