Fighting Fantasy getting overlooked?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mastershakez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mastershakez
Member since 2007 • 3260 Posts

I just got it a few days ago and I'm pretty impressed. I'm surprised that no one has so much as mentioned it (well, that I've seen at least). I'd like to point it out to those that have not heard of it. Great for any RPG fan(most likely WRPG fans, but check it out either way).

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

That's good to know.

korino55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 korino55
Member since 2008 • 587 Posts
I was looking forward to it, but it tanked in reviews (bad controls?). It fell off my radar.
Zdarlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zdarlight
Member since 2009 • 126 Posts

Controls dissappointed me a little. everything is just fine, except one thing. There are 2 types of atack : one with L button and one with R button. Controls are similar to Call of duty. But wtf, how to press R button while you hold stylus??!! Answer is simple. You can touch the touch screen for atack or use a,b,x and y buttons instead of stylus.

BUt here goes another problem. If you use touch screen to atack, you cant never know, when you will do L atack and when you will do R atack. its confusing, but i haven't finded out everything about controls yet.

Avatar image for BigBlueBubble05
BigBlueBubble05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BigBlueBubble05
Member since 2005 • 32 Posts

Btw, gamingunion.net just posted the review and gave the game Editor's Choice Award.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34751 Posts

Stopped caring after the bad reviews. Seems like it has lots of problems I hoped it wouldn't have.

Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts

Stopped caring after the bad reviews. Seems like it has lots of problems I hoped it wouldn't have.

Litchie
Official reviews seem to go directly against player reviews. Players praise the game, while reviewers bash it. This disparity makes it quite questionable : I'm guessing the game's controls and gameplay doesn't work on everyone, mainly because of a physical constraint (simultaneous stylus and button usage). Reviewers seem to have a problem with this, while players report it being handled just fine. Maybe it has something to do with the size of the hands (the DS can be pretty cramped when playing First-Person Perspective titles), and the person's own dexterity/flexibility?
mastershakez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mastershakez

[QUOTE="Litchie"]

Brainhunter

Maybe it has something to do with the size of the hands (the DS can be pretty cramped when playing First-Person Perspective titles), and the person's own dexterity/flexibility?

I think that's a good point, I could see how some may have trouble with it. First person melee is not a strong point for the DS in general really. That being said, they did a great job with what they had in my opinion. If you ignore the "R" button attack(not very important to gameplay), and play it like a normal FPS, then it handles pretty much the same as MPH and CoD.

korino55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 korino55
Member since 2008 • 587 Posts
So you're saying the controls aren't bad enough to interfere with overall game play? It seems boss battles would be a little tricky.
mastershakez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mastershakez

So you're saying the controls aren't bad enough to interfere with overall game play? It seems boss battles would be a little tricky.korino55

I actually had no problems at all with the controls. The only real problem I think is the "R" button attack, but you don't actually need to use it(it seems to have the same attack power that the L buttons does, just a different animation). They set up the controls so you could use either the stylus or the face buttons to look around so I'm surprised that anyone has a problem with them. Your hand may start to hurt after hours and hours of gameplay, but that's a problem with the DS Lite/DSi in general, so I don't think it's fare to blame that on the controls.