FFIV Voice Acting

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fellowbetrayed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 fellowbetrayed
Member since 2004 • 121 Posts
Did anyone else turn off the voice acting at their earliest opportunity like I did? I think it's too bad that I felt so compelled to disable one of the biggest new features of the game, but it's just awful, lol.
ken12012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ken12012
Member since 2004 • 309 Posts
I don't see what's wrong with the voice acting. It goes well with the new cutscenes IMO.
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
I've not got the game yet, but from what i;ve seen on youtube, i'll be turning it off also lol.
Spade_Crisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Spade_Crisis
Member since 2007 • 809 Posts
The voice acting really good, in my opinion. Not sure why you guys hate it, but I stand with my opinion...
123abshchry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 123abshchry
Member since 2004 • 178 Posts
Better than the usual offerings in american games. But, some of the choices the actors/actresses made are just terrible.
fellowbetrayed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fellowbetrayed
I will admit, some of the characters don't sound too bad. Altogether though it comes off as cheesy and overly dramatic to me, not to mention the quality of the audio recordings seems bad as well, very tinny, like the actors are reading from deep down in a tiny reverb compressed tin can. And who knows, maybe I'm too old school, but I enjoy giving the characters' dialogue my own inflection and building them up as much from my imagination as from their presence on the screen(s).
pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts
I've only heard the japanese voice acting and it is really good but usually the american voices suck. I'll give it a chance but I wont be surprised if I end up turning it off.
cayne_phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 cayne_phoenix
Member since 2002 • 2440 Posts
considering that it is a HANDHELD console game, the voice acting is quite brilliant. if u want a better VA, get this game on a console and stop complaining!!
fellowbetrayed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fellowbetrayed

considering that it is a HANDHELD console game, the voice acting is quite brilliant. if u want a better VA, get this game on a console and stop complaining!!cayne_phoenix

Did I come across as complaining? I more meant to merely state an observation, so my bad if I sounded whiney. Really, I love this game thus far and I don't mean to knock it's overall quality one bit. :)

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Raiko101
considering that it is a HANDHELD console game, the voice acting is quite brilliant. if u want a better VA, get this game on a console and stop complaining!!cayne_phoenix
That's not really an excuse for poor, over-exagerated acting lol. But no ones complaining anyway as we all know we can turn it off thankfully lol.
RAVEZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 RAVEZero
Member since 2007 • 333 Posts

Did anyone else turn off the voice acting at their earliest opportunity like I did? I think it's too bad that I felt so compelled to disable one of the biggest new features of the game, but it's just awful, lol.fellowbetrayed

At least this game has the option of shutting off the voice acting. Mega Man ZX Advent didn't, and that's the worst voice acting I've ever heard.

Tamakunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tamakunx
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts
i think the voice acting is ok, not great or anything but just good. cmon people what can you expect? AT LEAST we have voice acting in this final fantasy remake. reason being as to why the quality of the VC might not sound good is because your playing on a 128MB game as apposed to a 4GB game with nice sounding VC quality. its hard to sqeeze in some great sounding VC quality (im talking about the audio quality here) in a 128MB game. At least the VC isnt as dramatic as like the megaman x remake for the psp.
ninjavelmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ninjavelmor
Member since 2004 • 1053 Posts

i feel that the VA is pretty good. It may be cheesy, but most things that are set in a medieval theme come off as chessy because the use od old english. Anyway, the sound quility isn't the best, but thats not the games fault, thats the DS's fault. I already find myself quoting lines in the game ( when you first meet rydia), i really liked that scene, when rydia screams "i hate you!!!", you (at least I) really felt the emotion. So its not the best VA i have heard, but its good

MarthRingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MarthRingman
Member since 2008 • 1104 Posts
To each his own I guess. I though the voice acting was top notch- miles ahead of the quality of FF10. They hired a lot of people who had experience in Anime too. I can see why someone wouldn't like it if they were a fan of the game since its SNES release though.
AznKAOs05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AznKAOs05
Member since 2003 • 391 Posts
I agree with most of the people here and that i think that the voice acting is pretty good.
hugey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hugey
Member since 2008 • 135 Posts

i like the voice acting but Cecil's voice sounds kinda girlish.. LOL :)

I_Object

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 I_Object
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
Voice acting for a handheld game is awesome, But seeing the youtube videos, Iam so turning it off, They might wanted to make a few more Kingdom hearts like cutscenes with balloons, and putting the remaining space of the game into Graphics, Items, story and extras
Gustofwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 Gustofwind
Member since 2006 • 959 Posts
I think the voice acting is pretty good. Even if you don't, voice acting is better than no voice acting AMIRITE?
El_Jarvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 El_Jarvo
Member since 2005 • 398 Posts

I think FFIV's got some good voice acting. And even if I didn't think it was good, I'd still be safe in the knowledge that it would be no where near as bad as the cringe-worthy FFX-2

-Flagg-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 -Flagg-
Member since 2005 • 426 Posts

I gladly have my games without voice acting if the quality is bad.

Square Enix should just keep japanese voice acting and just add subtitles to their games.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Raiko101
It's a good arguement. I wouldn't prefer Resident Evil without it's voice acting, and that was beyond poor. It was humorous!
Yoshi_Kirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Yoshi_Kirby
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

[QUOTE="fellowbetrayed"]Did anyone else turn off the voice acting at their earliest opportunity like I did? I think it's too bad that I felt so compelled to disable one of the biggest new features of the game, but it's just awful, lol.RAVEZero

At least this game has the option of shutting off the voice acting. Mega Man ZX Advent didn't, and that's the worst voice acting I've ever heard.

There's also another option: it's called turning the volume down.

fellowbetrayed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fellowbetrayed

I can see why someone wouldn't like it if they were a fan of the game since its SNES release though.MarthRingman

Who knows, that might be it for me. The characters just sound and say things far different than my imagination ever made them out. I'm glad to see the number of positive responses the voice acting is getting though, it's encouraging when I think of those folks playing this game for the first time. :)

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I think the voice acting is just fine. I mean, it's not everyday we play a awesome DS RPG with voice-over cut-scenes.

We should be thankful Square-Enix put it in. It feels like I'm playing a console RPG.