Excite Truck or Sonic?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Razoroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Razoroo
Member since 2003 • 1945 Posts

I've been looking forward to Excite Truck for a while but I heard there's not much to do in it, not much replay value etc. I WAS excited by Sonic then the hype died down a bit, especially when the absolutely crap Sonic came out on the 360. I know Secret Rings is very different but still, it put me off.

I want to trade in Red Steel and get one of those two instead. I read recently that Sonic has a surprising amount of replayability and a multiplayer mode was added. But Excite Truck looks so fun?

What do you reckon?

KJAX90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 KJAX90
Member since 2006 • 8809 Posts
I'd go with Excite Truck, because it DOES have tons of replay value. I bought, and beat, the game more than a month ago and its one of the few games I still play today. I just can't expect Sonic games to be good anymore, though Secret Rings does look promising.
WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts
I say when you save up enough money buy them both. I have excite truck and it is great and this sonic game looks promisingly different and great.
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
Excite Truck is a lot of fun and has a ton of replayability as well. I already have Excite Truck and I'm getting Sonic on day one. As for which to pick I say you should get both. Either get Excite Truck now and Sonic later or wait for Sonic and get Excite Truck later.
shadowlink797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shadowlink797
Member since 2004 • 2113 Posts
I have Excite Truck and I love the game. It is fun and addictive. There is tons to do as well. Sonic is also a game I've been looking forward to. I suggest that you wait until there are a couple of reviews for Secret Rings before making your decision. If it turns out to be a broken game then get Excite Truck if not buy Sonic first and get Excite Truck later on if your still interested.
Katol09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Katol09
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts
sonic becuz excite truxk is a rental!
bobylim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#7 bobylim
Member since 2003 • 117 Posts
I played excite trucks and...  I'd say sonic.  Sonic is cool, and there is always a storyline.  A truck riding game with no story and weird controls.  it's a no-no.  Seiroulsy, excite truck is very deceiving game.  the only fun thing is the moving terrain.  and thats all.  Sonic is, and has always been cool.  so what about the next sonic?  it will be sweet.
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
I played excite trucks and... I'd say sonic. Sonic is cool, and there is always a storyline. A truck riding game with no story and weird controls. it's a no-no. Seiroulsy, excite truck is very deceiving game. the only fun thing is the moving terrain. and thats all. Sonic is, and has always been cool. so what about the next sonic? it will be sweet.bobylim
Since when do arcade racers need stories (or any racing game)? Also just what is so weird about Excite Trucks controls? You do know Sonic uses the same control style of holding it like an NES controller and tilting left and right.
krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 krystians
Member since 2004 • 3577 Posts
I've played Excite Truck, at EB games and I really don't like it. I think it's a disappointment. If you want a good racing game I would go with NFS:C. Of the two games you named, I would go with Sonic. But i know i will be getting SSX instead for sure.
genocide123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 genocide123
Member since 2003 • 469 Posts
Just wait for The reviews!
Razoroo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Razoroo
Member since 2003 • 1945 Posts

Just wait for The reviews!genocide123

I kind of lost faith in Gamspot after the Zelda review. Excite Truck has mixed reviews. I'll get it, and if I don't like it, I can exchange it for Sonic when that comes out (which is March 2nd in UK).

I played MotorStorm on PS3 (a demo I think) and I only had 5 minutes but I got used to the controls and started to enjoy it, so I think I'll enjoy Excite Truck. I HATE Sonic games but I love Sonic himself and Secret Rings is really different so it should pwn. We shall see....

krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 krystians
Member since 2004 • 3577 Posts

[QUOTE="genocide123"]Just wait for The reviews!Razoroo

I kind of lost faith in Gamspot after the Zelda review. Excite Truck has mixed reviews. I'll get it, and if I don't like it, I can exchange it for Sonic when that comes out (which is March 2nd in UK).

I played MotorStorm on PS3 (a demo I think) and I only had 5 minutes but I got used to the controls and started to enjoy it, so I think I'll enjoy Excite Truck. I HATE Sonic games but I love Sonic himself and Secret Rings is really different so it should pwn. We shall see....

There is nothing that wrong with GS reviews. Ya Zelda does deserve a better score, but most of the review are correct. I find them useful when picking a game to buy. But then again I check multiple site in my decision making.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Excite Truck is a solid racing game.