Earthbound/Mother speed run results! Over 2000 calls made! *Poll added*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

http://thespeedgamers.com/

We all had a great time, thanks everyone who called NOA or emailed them. We want to give a big shout out to STARMEN.NET the godfathers of the ebsiege. Without them this marathon would never of happened. We hope we were able to help in the effort of bringing the Earthbound/Mother series to the United States. We've gotten word from a couple of people that NOA received somewhere around 2,000 phone calls asking about Earthbound/Mother this weekend.GREAT job guys, thanks for being kind and respectful to the Nintendo representatives. Hopefully we will find out soon if we've made any impact. As soon as we know we will relay the message. If you won a prize we've emailed you, please respond with your shipping address and also your shirt size if you were a grand prize winner. In the next couple of days we will post our Halloween marathon info.

Prize winners:
Earthbound Poster:Tristan Chapman
Mother 1+2 (GBA):Michael Quell
Starmen.net Swag winner #1: Dominic Jersak
Starmen.net Swag winner #2:Kevin Chai

---------------------------------------------------

2000 calls over the weekend is amazing. That averages at around 666 calls per day! It only took 500 calls to get Master Quest here! If this doesn't get the Earthbound series here, nothing will.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
I watched most of it. Hopefully it has an effect.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nintendoman562
I watched most of it. Hopefully it has an effect.Rocky32189
I didn't watch the Mother 3 portion because i didn't want the game to be spoiled for me :D.
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

Some of the phone calls they made to Nintendo were hilarious...

"Hi, I was just playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl and I was wondering which game Lucas and Ness were from?" The lady just went on and on with bs pretending to be clueless but she knew, LOL.

Then there was the Super French Dude he was just like "Just check ze Nintendo website."

Finally they got a really nice Nintendo rep name Jason who really helpful.

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts
Dammit Nintendo, just release it already! :cry:
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]I watched most of it. Hopefully it has an effect.nintendoman562
I didn't watch the Mother 3 portion because i didn't want the game to be spoiled for me :D.

You havent played it yet? Couldve fooled me.

Great game though.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nintendoman562

[QUOTE="nintendoman562"][QUOTE="Rocky32189"]I watched most of it. Hopefully it has an effect.-Oath

Great game though.

I'm waiting for the translation patch. I don't know a word of japanese. I would use the menu patch but i don't want to use a guide and playing without the story wouldn't be the same :(.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts
[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="nintendoman562"][QUOTE="Rocky32189"]I watched most of it. Hopefully it has an effect.nintendoman562

Great game though.

I'm waiting for the translation patch. I don't know a word of japanese. I would use the menu patch but i don't want to use a guide and playing without the story wouldn't be the same :(.

I feel for you man. I used a guide, wasnt all that bad but I wished I had a patch. Just wait 1 more month, the patch should be ready by then, well atleast thats what the translation site says.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nintendoman562
Poll added, I still don't think we are getting Mother 3 but i have a feeling we will get Earthbound soon enough.
KudoS17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KudoS17
Member since 2008 • 1050 Posts
As long as we get one of them i'm happy
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rocky32189

but i have a feeling we will get Earthbound soon enough.nintendoman562

There's no reason why it won't. It was rated by the ESRB in May, which means its been ready for months. It all comes down to when Nintendo wants to give it to us.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nintendoman562

[QUOTE="nintendoman562"]but i have a feeling we will get Earthbound soon enough.Rocky32189

There's no reason why it won't. It was rated by the ESRB in May, which means its been ready for months. It all comes down to when Nintendo wants to give it to us.

But wasn't Zombies Ate my Neighbours rated back at launch? I am pretty sure Nintendo was planning on holding Earthbound for a few years but because of PK Callin, we will probably see it this year.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rocky32189
[QUOTE="Rocky32189"]

[QUOTE="nintendoman562"]but i have a feeling we will get Earthbound soon enough.nintendoman562

But wasn't Zombies Ate my Neighbours rated back at launch? I am pretty sure Nintendo was planning on holding Earthbound for a few years but because of PK Callin, we will probably see it this year.

Was it? I just did a search on the ESRB's website, and I couldn't find Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

k3nne3e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 k3nne3e
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts
they said during the video that zelda masterquest or something was brought to the us from only 500 phone calls so this probably had a pretty good impact
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nintendoman562
[QUOTE="nintendoman562"][QUOTE="Rocky32189"]

[QUOTE="nintendoman562"]but i have a feeling we will get Earthbound soon enough.Rocky32189

Was it? I just did a search on the ESRB's website, and I couldn't find Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Hmm, maybe they removed it? It might have not been Zombies ate my neighbours but i know that some games that were rated at launch haven't been released it.
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

Yea, Zombies Ate My Neighbors was removed from ESRBs ratings months ago...

It was one of the VC games I was looking forward to the most. Fortunately, there are other means of playing it.

thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

Won't have any effect (as much as it pains me to say it) and I don't feel like bashing Nintendo right now.

Incidentally, I'd prefer the Mother series on DS. I tried earthbound and realized that I would just simply love it in portable form. Even if Nintendo maintained the hard diffuculty level which was so off-putting for me, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I mean, if Square Enix could do it with Chrono Trigger, why can't Nintendo? You can't deny it was a real shock, since it's been nearly a decade from the last game in the series, almost rendering them obsolete

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

I enjoyed the marathon. I watched a bit of each game. I'm really glad that I played through Mother 3 before watching them play it, as they seemed to have quite a bit of trouble with it.

Anyway, I'd be happy as hell to retire my old EB cart for a VC version. Please Nintendo, don't make the fans wait any longer.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts
I have almost 0 optimism right now for Earthbound and Mother on VC
SN35_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SN35_2
Member since 2007 • 851 Posts
I think all we did was just annoy customer care. I hope I'm wrong though...
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nintendoman562

"I Just got off the phone with a representative, he told me that they're keeping count of all the calls they receive and will be reporting the number to the higher ups. He was very positive and told me that he hopes we at least get a virtual console release for all our efforts."

Take this with a grain of salt. This was a post made by the Speed Gamers account at starmen.net.

Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
I might call that number...for starfox ask them did they let go of the starfox series...and future works for the series..matter of fact right nao!! lol
HelloJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 HelloJon
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts
I called in 4 times, once on the first day, once on second day, and twice on the last. I really hope this gets through to them.
zeriva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zeriva
Member since 2007 • 4531 Posts
Ah, I see the news spread about the marathon. I was watching it, heck I've been watching these guys ever since the Mario marathon and I'm registered on their forums.