Earthbound may not come on VC :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

According to this Mother fansite it was pulled from the SSBB masterpieces. So that is a sign that it won't come, and if it does it wont be for a very, very long time. http://starmen.net/

Just go down a bit and may i say, I HATE YOU NOA!!!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's one of the most horrible looking RPG's from the NES

When they have people look at it it will be either on the tiny screen of the preview site (so it looks better) or when they already buy the game.

All you get from a minute of Earthbound is that it's an awful looking game where you can do nothing because of the time constraints.

Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts

Jaysonguy

This is almost sig worhty...

But I kinda agree. It was mostly likely cut because you probably wouldnt even get to fight an enemy before time ran out.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jakendo

This is almost sig worhty...

But I kinda agree. It was mostly likely cut because you probably wouldnt even get to fight an enemy before time ran out.

Yup, you have to do a flawless speed run in Donkey Kong just to finish that level, you'd go nowhere in Earthbound.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I don't understand where all this love comes from about these games??? I have never even played them, but what is the big deal about them? Maybe I should Wiki the games I guess....

oh, and one more thing. Is Mother>= Earthbound??? Or is it the same thing?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

I don't understand where all this love comes from about these games??? I have never even played them, but what is the big deal about them? Maybe I should Wiki the games I guess....

danger_ranger95

The U.S. version is called Earthbound, while in Japan they call it "Mother"

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts
[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

wiifan001

The U.S. version is called Earthbound, while in Japan they call it "Mother"

gotcha, thanks.

Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jakendo

danger_ranger95

Mother is the first one and was on the NES, Mother 2 (AKA Earthbound) is the second one and was on SNES, and Mother 3 is the third one and was on the GBA.

Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

Jaysonguy

Jayson.

You do realize what is wrong with what you just said, right?

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

A brief 2-minute snippet doesn't do the game justice. It's a wonderful game, but a trial version simply wouldn't work that well.

If Nintendo was smart, they'd release Earthbound and Mother 1 as an import title... and Mother 3 for that matter.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Niff_T

Jayson.

Forgot the S and never fixed it, I know lol

I figure people would know the system I mean (as you recall I also forgot three from "three quarters of a million" earlier today too lol)

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
I wouldn't say that Earthbounds graphics were horrible, they definitely weren't as flashy and technically pushing as a lot of other stuff but there was a decent amount of charm put into it.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

According to this Mother fansite it was pulled from the SSBB masterpieces. So that is a sign that it won't come, and if it does it wont be for a very, very long time.nintendoman562

How does that have anything to do with the VC? :?

Everybody else already explained why it was probably pulled from the masterpieces section. I'm just curious about how you got from not included in SSBB to won't be on the VC for a very long time.

gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Niff_T

Jayson.

He's right actually, Earthbound has some pretty awful graphics.

Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

Forgot the S and never fixed it, I know lol

I figure people would know the system I mean (as you recall I also forgot three from "three quarters of a million" earlier today too lol)

Jaysonguy

Not your day, huh? lol

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

I think they should release Earthbound 64 on Wiiware. Its basically a near finished game that was never released.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

gamer6464

He meant the part where he said it was from the NES (it was for the SNES).

Anyway, I agree with Jayson's analysis of this thing. RPGs are not exactly made for two-minute demos. And yeah, Earthbound's graphics are pretty bad. I still maintain that it's the greatest game ever made, but it didn't exactly rival Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana in the graphical department.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GabuEx

I think they should release Earthbound 64 on Wiiware. Its basically a near finished game that was never released.

Cyber-

Didn't Earthbound 64 basically get turned into Mother 3?

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

GabuEx

in a way yes (i think)

but not in a 3d form.

Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jakendo
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

GabuEx

It was called Mother 3 when it was in production

gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts
[QUOTE="gamer6464"]

GabuEx

He meant the part where he said it was from the NES (it was for the SNES).

Anyway, I agree with Jayson's analysis of this thing. RPGs are not exactly made for two-minute demos. And yeah, Earthbound's graphics are pretty bad. I still maintain that it's the greatest game ever made, but it didn't exactly rival Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana in the graphical department.

oh ooops, sorry

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nintendoman562

When they have people look at it it will be either on the tiny screen of the preview site (so it looks better) or when they already buy the game.

All you get from a minute of Earthbound is that it's an awful looking game where you can do nothing because of the time constraints.

Jaysonguy
its from the SNES. yes it had horrible graphics but your really should play it, it is the best SNES game IMO.
icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

nintendoman562

its from the SNES. yes it had horrible graphics but your really should play it, it is the best SNES game IMO.

hm. i thought the graphics were really great. once you really get into the game, its not that bad. i think an overreaction is present here but either way the fact remains that you can't even get within your first fight in the game with SSBB's time restraints. That said, if you can actually get a hold of the game, its unforgettable.

Hyrule-master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Hyrule-master
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts
I dont know why Nintendo refuses to make more of these games. I know ALOT of JRPG haters who lived these games.
jeordie015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jeordie015
Member since 2004 • 181 Posts
Earthbound was not a bad looking game. It was just cartoony. Considering how much movement was on the screen with enemies, NPCs, vehicles, riding your bike, etc., there couldn't be a lot of fine detail without the game slowing down to a crawl.
Nobarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 Nobarai
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts

Earthbound didn't have good graphics, but anyone with half a brain knows that graphics don't make a good game. The game had a great storyline, a decent fighting system, funny stereotypical characters, and a witty look on what the Japanese thought America was like.

And it probably wasn't on masterpieces because 2 minutes doesn't really let you get far in a game.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cyber-

Earthbound didn't have good graphics, but anyone with half a brain knows that graphics don't make a good game. The game had a great storyline, a decent fighting system, funny stereotypical characters, and a witty look on what the Japanese thought America was like.

And it probably wasn't on masterpieces because 2 minutes doesn't really let you get far in a game.

Nobarai

One of the coolest things i liked about it was that it was not a futuristic setting, it was not a fantasy medievel setting. It was a strange combination of things. The universe is unique.

TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
Earthbound is known for its story above all else. I have never played the game, but I have seen videos of the fight against Giygas and I gotta say it was the most awesome RPG fight with virtually no character animations at all (Earthbound battles have almost no animation just select an attack and watch the HP go down). If they ever made another one, it would certainly get flashier graphics and animation. Oh, and Earthbound 64 was supposed to come out INSTEAD of Mother 3, but it was cancelled and Mother 3 was eventually made for the GBA and released in Japan (you can tell it was originally intended for the SNES).
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GabuEx

Earthbound is known for its story above all else.TheLordMagnus

Sort of... it'd be more correct to say that it's known for its writing. It was one of the craziest games ever created, with nonstop hilarity from start to finish.

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

Jaysonguy

I'll agree that a few minutes to demo an RPG just isn't enough. However, I've got to disagree with you when you say the graphics are awful. It's a game with a pretty unique art style, just like No More Heros, Patapon, Paper Mario etc. Earthbound's graphics aren't fantastic but unlike most games, the game is so good, they don't have to be.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Hells_Hammer

I'll agree that a few minutes to demo an RPG just isn't enough. However, I've got to disagree with you when you say the graphics are awful. It's a game with a pretty unique art style, just like No More Heros, Patapon, Paper Mario etc. Earthbound's graphics aren't fantastic but unlike most games, the game is so good, they don't have to be.

he always says crazy **** like that to get people to argue alot.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nintendoman562
[QUOTE="nintendoman562"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

icarus212001

hm. i thought the graphics were really great. once you really get into the game, its not that bad. i think an overreaction is present here but either way the fact remains that you can't even get within your first fight in the game with SSBB's time restraints. That said, if you can actually get a hold of the game, its unforgettable.

the same case with ocarina of time. thats why they start you off at the first dungeon/level. in earthbound they can start you off after just after finding pokey's brother.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Cyber-

They had a Final Fantasy game (what was supposed to be VII) nearly complete for N64 as well... I'd really like to see that, or at least finish it up and release it on DS or something.

w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
Luckily, I just have a real copy of the game :)
kingqaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kingqaz
Member since 2005 • 1419 Posts
I fail to understand your logic. If they put it in the game and took it out that must mean it's already emulated. If it's already emulated wouldn't that mean they more likely to put it on the VC?
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#37 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
I agree with Gabu when he says that Earthbound is the best RPG ever made. It's too bad many people who didn't have the opportunity to play it for the SNES won't be able to do it on VC. I was hoping that an Earthbound release for the VC could lead Nintendo to release its sequel around here if Earthbound sold well. But after what happened with the Eartbound demo that should be included in Brawl I'm not sure about the series future around here.
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

The only way I was going to play Earthbound is if it came out on the VC for 800 Wii points.

I am still waiting to play afew more superb Super Nintendo titles: U.N Squadron, Final Fantasy III(6), Zombies Ate My Neighbors. I've mentioned these games to death I have even requested them to Nintendo afew times... but i'm still waiting.

Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts
The reson earthbound is not in the masterpieces is because Nintendo has not released the game on the VC yet. All the games in the VC are downloadable. Another example is(I think)that the japanese version of SSBB got fire emblem on the masterpieces and It is already downloadable there which is probably the reason why we dont have it and of course because the game was never released here.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jaysonguy

But after what happened with the Eartbound demo that should be included in Brawl I'm not sure about the series future around here.Pierst179

Ok how can you say that?

What is the point of putting on a minute of an RPG? You can do absolutely nothing in the game in that time period.

Even if you doubled that time it would suck.

Not having one minute of game does not mean anyone is against it.