dsi screen protector?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mike885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mike885
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

I am thinking of getting a screen protector for my dsi so it doesn't get scratches like my ds lite, which is the best screen protector to get and can you link me to it?

dsownge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 dsownge
Member since 2005 • 2393 Posts

Hori screen protector is the best, it's a bit expensive though. Never use the touch screen if you dont have a screen protector.

"Hori is the number one for screen protectors for gaming devices and has an official license from Nintendo. - play-asia"

Play Asia Link

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

AMAZON CARRIES THEM ALSO

Just remember, only get Hori

Mike885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mike885

Ok, thanks. Also just to ask while im at it, there's a lot of dust at the borders of my touch screen, how do I get it off without damaging my touch screen.

specialed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 specialed
Member since 2003 • 3669 Posts

Try using a microfiber for the touch screen. You get them at stores where they sell glasses...You can use the corner of the microfiber to get into the corners and not scratch it.

flinnha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 flinnha
Member since 2006 • 1890 Posts
only get HoriJaysonguy
DSandPSP_owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DSandPSP_owner
Member since 2005 • 259 Posts
so they're not in stores like Target?
FireBombz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FireBombz
Member since 2007 • 681 Posts

so they're not in stores like Target?DSandPSP_owner

no you only get them online

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

I'm not getting a a screen protector. I made that mistake with my DS Phat and it looked gross. If you can't stick it on right the first time it looks terrible.

Plus I found the screen is really durable if you're just gentle with it. NOT. BASHING. THE. SCREEN. LIKE. THIS.

Of course, I didn't get Hori. I'm still not sold though.

DSandPSP_owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DSandPSP_owner
Member since 2005 • 259 Posts

I'm not getting a a screen protector. I made that mistake with my DS Phat and it looked gross. If you can't stick it on right the first time it looks terrible.

Plus I found the screen is really durable if you're just gentle with it. NOT. BASHING. THE. SCREEN. LIKE. THIS.

Yoweeh
bashing the screen like what? it doesn't matter if you're careful, you're still making contact with the screen. you'll get a thousand hairline scratches all over the screen over time. if you buy electrostatic protectors, you can apply them almost an infinite number of times. that's what i did with my DS Lite, and you can't even notice it. the DS is made with two built-in screen protectors on the touch screen, but those protectors can still get scratched, and those scratches will be permanent.
beny_pimpster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 beny_pimpster
Member since 2006 • 697 Posts
[QUOTE="Yoweeh"]

DSandPSP_owner
bashing the screen like what? it doesn't matter if you're careful, you're still making contact with the screen. you'll get a thousand hairline scratches all over the screen over time. if you buy electrostatic protectors, you can apply them almost an infinite number of times. that's what i did with my DS Lite, and you can't even notice it. the DS is made with two built-in screen protectors on the touch screen, but those protectors can still get scratched, and those scratches will be permanent.

thnx for the info was planning to get dsi cause my fat ds touch screen is scratched lol but as long you can find someone who can fix it at a fair price then its all good eh
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Yoweeh
[QUOTE="Yoweeh"]

DSandPSP_owner

Okay... so how much are these now?
baber0015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 baber0015
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts
The HORI screen protectors are only like $7.99 in some places. I have seen them as cheap as $6. Just search google.
flinnha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 flinnha
Member since 2006 • 1890 Posts
If you can't stick it on right the first time it looks terrible.Yoweeh
If it looks bad you're doing it wrong and/or not using HORI. Watch a youtube vid or something on how to do it properly and you can't even tell it's there. $7 is a tiny price to pay to ensure your screens remain mint.
Chaay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chaay
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts

What's so good about Hori rather than electrostatic screen protectors at a Wal Mart or GameStop?

Mike885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mike885

What's so good about Hori rather than electrostatic screen protectors at a Wal Mart or GameStop?

Chaay

you can re-use them multiple times like if you got it crooked, while the others would just get the screen sticky.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]only get Horiflinnha

This sounds like advertisement.

Not that i blame it through, i heard those hori protectors are really good.

tokra213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 tokra213
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts

there isn't a best there is just a better, get one that you won't mess up and that will work

clyde_smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 clyde_smith
Member since 2007 • 418 Posts

should i get on for with screens?

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Yoweeh

^ Sorry, the man nipple in your avatar was distracting me. What did you say?

Jk (sort of) but I don't understand your post.

menosdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 menosdemon
Member since 2009 • 518 Posts

im not getting screen protectors. i screwed up my beautiful ds lite when i tried putting it on. it kinda went like ooh..YESS..ACK...BLEH...NOO..nooo

i dont think that my screen is getting that scratched up anyways. the only game that really messed it up was pokemon ranger.

^the reason why i dont play pokemon ranger anymore^

freakbabyblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 freakbabyblues
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts

clyde_smith

By any chance are you asking "Should I get one for both screens?" If that is what you're asking, then the answer is yes.

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

clyde_smith

if you go to the frys electronics.com you can find hori screen protectors for the DSi and it comes with two and a super kool stylus (seriously the stylus is awesome). but I never put my top one on :P. Hori is the way to go, still looks like I just put the screen protector on :P.