DS minor repairs. L and R buttons, this time!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mjolnirhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mjolnirhead
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Yes, I've searched time and again around the forums for an answer, but couldn't find what I wanted, so I'll ask it myself. My DS is broken. Not like screen shattered or chassis broken like I've seen in too many forums, just what I guess you could call "old age" and I was wondering where I could get it fixed. The L and R buttons are completely unresponsive, (dust build-up, I've been told,) the card reader is slightly damaged, (won't read a game half the time,) and the power light is busted. But, all I care about is the trigger buttons, since I can't play half my games without them. If there is no physical place I can DRIVE to, (I don't wanna go thru the arduous process of sending it to Nintendo) then where do you get the special screwdriver to get into it? I have screwdrivers from model kits and glasses repair kits, but I've never seen the frickin' tiny-@$$ 3-pronged devil tool that they probably had made exclusively for them just to irritate everyone. It's small, like eye-glass repair ones, but with a 3 -pronged head instead of a normal 4-pronged head. If I could be pointed in the right direction, like a Best Buy or someplace cheap, it would be greatly appreciated.
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

What's wrong with sending it to Nintendo? If you send it so that it gets to the nearest Nintendo Depot in the shortest amount of time, its not that bad.

gamedude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 gamedude2009
Member since 2009 • 4657 Posts

If I were you, and had money, I might just wait for the 3DS or something...

ChibiStewie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ChibiStewie
Member since 2008 • 871 Posts

My L trigger is unrepsonsive randomly sometimes,thought I was the only one. Its been a good boy though for the time being.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

My L trigger is unrepsonsive randomly sometimes,thought I was the only one. Its been a good boy though for the time being.

ChibiStewie
your far from the only one. I've sent in one DS or another more than I've sent in my 360 for the same trigger reason as the TC
Mjolnirhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mjolnirhead
Well actually, the ID number rubbed off and I don't have the manual anymore, so I have no ID number, and they won't accept it.
rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
How old is it? You can always trade it in for a discount deal for a 3DS at Gamestop! ;)
TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
So, to actually answer your question... Play-asia.com sells a tri-wing screwdriver which can be used on just about any nintendo system. I've ordered many things from them and they always get it sent off quickly.
baytown91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 baytown91
Member since 2005 • 346 Posts

Well actually, the ID number rubbed off and I don't have the manual anymore, so I have no ID number, and they won't accept it.Mjolnirhead

That happened to my original DS, so I stuck a piece of scotch tape over my DSi ID. I'm having the same issue, but I have been for over a year. At this point I'm just going to get a 3DS. I checked nintendo's site and it said they wanted to charge me 75 dollars to get it fixed. I figure getting a 3DS is better for both parties in the long run.

nintendoshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nintendoshop
I'll have to recommend http://www.nintendorepairshop.com. Might be just what you need.
CCpotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CCpotter
Member since 2011 • 134 Posts

Oh, dude, your DS is really so **** up, i think it's gonna cost much to get it fully repaired.

Why don't you save your moeny to buy a 3DS or PS Vita?