This topic is locked from further discussion.

metafizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 metafizzle
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts

Should i buy a DS, Dsi, or patiently await the 3DS? Pricepoint, battery life and availability come into play. And pirating.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
That depends. We don't know what you want. Are you rich? Can you wait? Or do you want to play DS games? I don't know if the release date for the 3DS is known, so that is another factor.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#3 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
If you still have GBA games or an interest in playing GBA games, get a DS Lite. If (for some ungodly reason) DSiWare appeals to you, get a DSi. I'd argue that its larger and more colourful screens and better buttons are the main advantage over the Lite, though. DSiWare, the music player, the internet browser, and the camera(s) are garbage, though. Also you'll likely never be able to transfer DSiWare stuff to a future handheld, so there's that too. The DSi XL is made for old people, so don't buy that. Its screens are so large you can easily see the grid between the pixels. 3DS...well, you'll be waiting a while. Most cost effect approach right now is probably to just buy a used DS Lite and then pick up a 3DS whenever it comes out.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

If you still have GBA games or an interest in playing GBA games, get a DS Lite. If (for some ungodly reason) DSiWare appeals to you, get a DSi. I'd argue that its larger and more colourful screens and better buttons are the main advantage over the Lite, though. DSiWare, the music player, the internet browser, and the camera(s) are garbage, though. Also you'll likely never be able to transfer DSiWare stuff to a future handheld, so there's that too. The DSi XL is made for old people, so don't buy that. Its screens are so large you can easily see the grid between the pixels. 3DS...well, you'll be waiting a while. Most cost effect approach right now is probably to just buy a used DS Lite and then pick up a 3DS whenever it comes out.DJ_Lae
I disagree with you. The DSi Xl's screens are very nice in that they are big. I don't know if he pixels really show up, but i haven't noticed them, so i don't think it is a problem. If you can afford the cash and want bigger screens, then i say go for it. However, it might spoil you to think that the 3DS's screens are too small. As for the DSiware, TC might enjoy the games offered in DSiware.

SquidBiskets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SquidBiskets
Member since 2010 • 166 Posts

Wait for the 3DS.

CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points