DS battery life ( Should I get a second one ? )

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blue-Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blue-Soul
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts
I'm going on a trip ( Like a lot of you :P ) and I'm going, waiting, flying, waiting and flying one last time to get to my destionation.

So let's say...10 hours...I play my DS lite on it's max setting ( The brightness ) and I don't think it will last the whole trip...So I was thinking of simply buying a second one. If I did turn the settings down though...Would it get me past most of the day? My DS never seems to last more then 3-5 hours on the setting it's on.
Ekiguchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Ekiguchi
Member since 2005 • 103 Posts

Whoa man, the max brightness will kill your battery, try putting it in a lower setting. If you can't see the screen, playing underneath a blanket helps A LOT.

Blue-Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blue-Soul
I just like how the colours look >___>

My girlfriend plays with the DS much lower and she gets WAY more time out of it...

So would putting it on a lower setting get me at least 6-8 hours?
yoshi_08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 yoshi_08
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Well when I put my DS on high brightness I find that I need to charge it a lot more, but as long as I have the charger handy I'm fine. Bring your charger with you on holidays, not to use on the plane but wherever you're staying (of course). I don't think DS's are very safe on planes, I heard they interrupt the engine or whatever.

Anyway, turning the brightness down with help loads ... but ... you can keep it up high if it's a sunny day, just remember to have the charger ready and waiting. Didn't you know you can play AND charge at the same time? Yay!

Clare ( yoshi_08 ).

Blue-Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blue-Soul

Well when I put my DS on high brightness I find that I need to charge it a lot more, but as long as I have the charger handy I'm fine. Bring your charger with you on holidays, not to use on the plane but wherever you're staying (of course). I don't think DS's are very safe on planes, I heard they interrupt the engine or whatever.

Anyway, turning the brightness down with help loads ... but ... you can keep it up high if it's a sunny day, just remember to have the charger ready and waiting. Didn't you know you can play AND charge at the same time? Yay!

Clare ( yoshi_08 ).

yoshi_08
Oh really? I was hoping I could play it on the plane. :P It's an all day flight. Okay, I guess I'll just keep it on a lower setting. Thanks
brawl_96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 brawl_96
Member since 2008 • 3953 Posts
it doesnt interfere with the plane cuz i tryed and every time u stop plug it in to an outlet and u will last the whole plane ride:P
Blue-Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Blue-Soul
it doesnt interfere with the plane cuz i tryed and every time u stop plug it in to an outlet and u will last the whole plane ride:Pbrawl_96
Do they have outlets? I've never been on one, but I was hoping that they would
SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#8 SiK99
Member since 2008 • 1673 Posts
You can play them on planes, just have to have em off during take-off/landing, just like other electronics. If you are in coach, you most likely won't have an outlet(i think business/first class has them but not sure). Although having a second DS has its perks, if you are on a budget you can always purchase a spare battery.
Blue-Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Blue-Soul
What's good about owning two?
Mario-Sonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mario-Sonic
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
First of all it does interrupt with the plane connections you could have some turbulence because the plane engine needs little information cutting through with it. I would say to buy a car charger, set the light settings lower ( I dont do it anyway but you could it actually works.) Turn you volume down which helps alot. if you really want to hear it get some headsets and put the volume on low. And finnaly there is a case that lets the DS charge on the go and while your playing it. All you have to do is attach it to the bottom of the DS. I saw it last week and got one pretty useful eh? Anyways these are all facts and try it because it really works.:!
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
you could buy the ds lite charger grip, which attaches to the DS lite and charges it, while you are or not playing games.
Blue-Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Blue-Soul
Damn, thanks guys I didn't know they had stuff like that.

That helps me out a ton
ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 ArmoJan
Member since 2005 • 3169 Posts
Good rule of thumb is also use headphones if you want to conserve battery.
pro_acer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 pro_acer
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts

Yeah you should definitely lower your brightness setting. That helps your battery life a lot. Personally, I don't think the highest brightness setting is necessary in any location, and it kinda hurts my eyes. And keep your volume low, altough I'm not sure how much that would help.

katie667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 katie667
Member since 2008 • 205 Posts

yea after a while the batttery needs to be replaced