Dont Comment On Modern Warfares Graphics YET!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts

HERE If your going to talk about graphics on the game at least look at this first :) The game is still PRE BETA which means that it was just thrown together real quick for gamescom :) and it also has some more info on multiplayer and things in there too :)

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts

Pre beta or not, as they are now, they are uglier than this

And thats pretty ugly. Granted there's plenty of time to improve but as they are now there's no reason to defend them. Especially the guy in the full body camo who looks like a Swamp Monster on the PS1

jessmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 jessmaster13
Member since 2009 • 3170 Posts

Lots of info in there. It looks.....ok i guess, but it will all come down to the gameplay and controls.

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts

Pre beta or not, as they are now, they are uglier than thisAnd thats pretty ugly. Granted there's plenty of time to improve but as they are now there's no reason to defend them. Especially the guy in the full body camo who looks like a Swamp Monster on the PS1

snowman6251
True but i just want to point out that its still PRE BETA :)
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 snowman6251
Also 10 player online is pathetically small. Just throwing that out there.
Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts

Also 10 player online is pathetically small. Just throwing that out there.snowman6251

The Wii can't even handle 4 player online lol.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Anything subpar or rehashed that comes from Activision is going to get brutalized here.

Until they give me a reason not to, Activision and Treyarch are failing TERRIBLY with MW:Wii.

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#8 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
Activision treats Nintendo like crap anyway.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
It runs in 30FPS. Fail.
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

Activision treats Nintendo like crap anyway.Vexx88

i think Activision is treating everyone like that nowadays, since they have the muscle to do whatever they want and still sell millions of mediocre games.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TaMuK711

It runs in 30FPS. Fail.Haziqonfire

lol WHAT!?

THAT is a game running at 30fps? Wow...

Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#12 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts

[QUOTE="Vexx88"]Activision treats Nintendo like crap anyway.Gohansephiroth

i think Activision is treating everyone like that nowadays, since they have the muscle to do whatever they want and still sell millions of mediocre games.

Well they seem to care about the Xbox only. Tried to drop the PS3 Charges 60 bucks for MW2 when Call of duty has always been 50 bucks and the PC gamers dont get any special edition of it. Then the mediocre ports of Call of Duty games on the Wii (and the DS which I think at that point is developed by 8 people)
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 haziqonfire

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]It runs in 30FPS. Fail.TaMuK711

lol WHAT!?

THAT is a game running at 30fps? Wow...

It says on that link. MW looked good because it ran so smoothly. If it runs in 30FPS then .. meh.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Wasn't this what people said about the Conduit, and then it didn't markedly improve one bit over the course of the entire year that followed? :P

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
If they're still going to improve the graphics (they better freaking improve the graphics) then I think they shouldn't have even bothered showing off those screen shots, because they're pathetic.
Null--Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Null--Fox
Member since 2009 • 1640 Posts

Well, We all just have to wait for the final result.

Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]It runs in 30FPS. Fail.

Eh... I don't think there is anything wrong with 30FPS personally, as long as it runs smoothly. And as long as it doesn't look like this game.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]It runs in 30FPS. Fail.Arc2012
Eh... I don't think there is anything wrong with 30FPS personally, as long as it runs smoothly. And as long as it doesn't look like this game.

Sometimes I'm curious if they've ever done tests regarding the whole 30/60 FPS thing. I'm honestly curious if people are actually capable of telling one from the other if not told which is which.

Arc2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Arc2012
Member since 2007 • 1535 Posts

[QUOTE="Arc2012"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]It runs in 30FPS. Fail.GabuEx

Sometimes I'm curious if they've ever done tests regarding the whole 30/60 FPS thing. I'm honestly curious if people are actually capable of telling one from the other if not told which is which.

I wonder that too. I'd like to think that I could, but put me to the test and I'd probably fail pretty badly :P.

I'm not too terribly big on watching that kind of thing though. A few of my PC friends are constantly on watch for FPS and I bet they could tell you the difference.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 snowman6251

I definitely can. When playing games on my PS3 such as MGS4 the game runs smoothly during all the large battles and action sequences but every once in a while I'd find myself in a small room staring at a wall just moving my cursor around going "omg! Look at that frame rate its so crazy smooth". The difference in my eyes was something along the lines of "the game is running smoothly" and "holy **** technology can do this!?" It was definitely a noticeable difference. It was noticeable enough for me to stop playing and stare at walls so yeah I'd say people can tell. Now 60 to 120 FPS, I don't know. I'm not sure I've even seen 120 fps before.
MisuK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MisuK
Member since 2009 • 815 Posts

trust me, im hoping the graphics turn out on par or better than World at War Wii......but remember last time alpha/beta screens were released for quantum of solace wii?

beta version screenshot: Activision said the two shots below do NOT reflect the final product b/c they are from an "earlier" build.

now look at the FINAL box art for wii !!!!

OMG...ITS THE TWO "BETA" SCREENSHOTS ON THE FINAL PRODUCT'S BACK COVER !!!!

i am really hoping this does NOT happen again.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
It runs in 30FPS. Fail.Haziqonfire
Don't the very large bulk of FPS run at 30FPS? Thats not really a reason to attack this game in particular when its a genre standard.
MecaShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MecaShadow
Member since 2005 • 429 Posts

trust me, im hoping the graphics turn out on par or better than World at War Wii......but remember last time alpha/beta screens were released for quantum of solace wii?

beta version screenshot: Activision said the two shots below do NOT reflect the final product b/c they are from an "earlier" build.

MisuK

I noticed that too myself once, and I wondered why they were put on the box. The final version of Quantum of Solace on the Wii does actually look somewhat better (the water in that one pic actually was transperent in the final game, at least, not a blue carpet like in the screenshot).

Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts

MisuK

Doesn't matter. I own at this game and it rocks.

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts

[QUOTE="snowman6251"]Also 10 player online is pathetically small. Just throwing that out there.randomwiiplayer

It can handle 32
MisuK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MisuK
Member since 2009 • 815 Posts

randomwiiplayer,

no doubt the game is a blastsplitscreen and online is a solid experience......just the single player graphics were'nt what they promised.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

[QUOTE="snowman6251"]Also 10 player online is pathetically small. Just throwing that out there.randomwiiplayer

The Conduit, Mario Kart Wii, Call Of Duty, ect.

And so what about the graphics?

I feel as if this generation of people only want games to have graphics and THEN gameplay.

I won't care what the graphics are and I'm sick of people complaining just because they aren't like this: "the graphicz r so beutifil it will make ur eyez melt!!1111!!!!11!".

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]It runs in 30FPS. Fail.Sepewrath
Don't the very large bulk of FPS run at 30FPS? Thats not really a reason to attack this game in particular when its a genre standard.

The reason why MW looked good on other platforms was mainly due to the fact that it ran silky smooth without drops - like Galaxy and Prime 3.
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TaMuK711

[QUOTE="randomwiiplayer"]

[QUOTE="snowman6251"]Also 10 player online is pathetically small. Just throwing that out there.Crazyguy105

I feel as if this generation of people only want games to have graphics and THEN gameplay.

I won't care what the graphics are and I'm sick of people complaining just because they aren't like this: "the graphicz r so beutifil it will make ur eyez melt!!1111!!!!11!".

You guys are failing hard on the understanding of the graphics complaints..

No one cares if this game looks like a 360/PS3 game. People do care when a 2 YEAR OLD GAME of all things is showing visuals nowhere near as good as stuff that game out LAST GEN.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

No Wii Speak. :(

I don't have Wii Speak, but still.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Screw tests, I know it when I see it. I remember the first time I saw F-Zero X on the N64 and was amazed at the smoothness. I also remember playing Ocarina of Time around the same time and spinning the view in circles to actually watch the frames appear, like watching a fan blade, and thinking "so this is the difference." The difference is crystal clear to me. Think of it this way... I have a hard time believing when people say they CAN'T tell the difference.

desert_thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 desert_thief
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts

Come on people, be patient, It is too early to judge the game, wait until it release, then talk as much as you want.

DeeDeeDee-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 DeeDeeDee-er
Member since 2006 • 1067 Posts

And thats pretty ugly. Granted there's plenty of time to improve but as they are now there's no reason to defend them. Especially the guy in the full body camo who looks like a Swamp Monster on the PS1

snowman6251

But if that dog's owner wasn't TRYING to make it ugly for a contest, took out the ring, gave it a haircut, it could look much better. So COD needs a haircut and needs to remove its jewelry. Ya that makes sense.....

DeeDeeDee-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 DeeDeeDee-er
Member since 2006 • 1067 Posts

[QUOTE="randomwiiplayer"]

[QUOTE="snowman6251"]Also 10 player online is pathetically small. Just throwing that out there.Crazyguy105

I also hate talking to people who say that some game is amazing, and the conversation usually goes like this: Wanker- "OMGZ THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!" Me- "Oh cool, wuddya like about it?" Wanker- "THE GRAPHICS R SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD IT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!" Me- "Uh ok how good's the gameplay and the story?" Wanker- "Eh, they're ok BUT THE GRAPHICS R SO GOOD!!!!" My friend even flat out said all he cares about is graphics once. I think it was a joke but still, it's a problem.
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts

If the game looks like that in pre-alpha and they can't get it to run in 60fps...then I've lost all hope for it. Activision doesn't even have to try on this game, it will probably sell well no matter what.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

I also hate talking to people who say that some game is amazing, and the conversation usually goes like this: Wanker- "OMGZ THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!" Me- "Oh cool, wuddya like about it?" Wanker- "THE GRAPHICS R SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD IT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!" Me- "Uh ok how good's the gameplay and the story?" Wanker- "Eh, they're ok BUT THE GRAPHICS R SO GOOD!!!!" My friend even flat out said all he cares about is graphics once. I think it was a joke but still, it's a problem.DeeDeeDee-er

My friends say that too, because all of them own PS3 or 360, they think it only needs graphics, but not just good looking graphics, REALISTIC graphics, like COD4 or Uncharted or something. So if I show them something like Galaxy, Brawl, or Little King's Story, they say it doesn't look very good because they're 'cartoon-ish'. But I showed them MP3, Monster Hunter Tri or heck, even The Conduit, they say "Why isn't it on 360/PS3". They don't even like the look of Mad World, or de Blob or any beautiful game on the Wii because it's not "realistic" enough. I hate when the only thing they care about is the graphics, and don't give the gameplay a shot.

On topic: I do think those those pretty bad, and 30FPS might be a problem, but I'll wait until some gameplay or impressions before I completely judge it.

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
Well anyways I don't think they should have released those screens... powerful antihype.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

As far as the frame rate debate goes, it's important to note that a game this ugly with horrible textures and low polygon counts should at least run smoothly. Otherwise, it's a graphically last gen game running at 30fps, as opposed to a graphically Wii hardware game running at 60fps(Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, SSBB).

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

they are ugly, indeed.....

but so was World at War. I don't see why or how anyone was surprised by this. The graphics will not change (maybe a few effects here and there), so there's no reason to expect anything better than what we were shown besides what I mentioned above.

Companies release clips/photos all the time, and say this and that about them.

You guys should be more worried about online, the greatest aspect of Modern Warfare.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Textures look really low res and poor.... on the bright side though the design aesthetics look good. Lack of Wii speak and real local multiplayer (GIVE ME SPLIT SCREEN!!!!!!!) makes me mad. But bottom line, if this game turns out good and isn't full price I'll probably pick it up.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#41 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Activision treats Nintendo like crap anyway.Vexx88

no activision does not,

quantum of solace proves that ,

no other version of quantum of solace includes split screen the ps2 doesnt even include online its just like ps1s old 007 games no mp at all ,

and cod 3 was good enough , i dont see all the fuss , , so it did not have online big deal it was fun

cod5 was an improvment over that one ne way

and cod mw looks to be no different ,

those saying" the graphics dont look good " should not have picked the wii then ,

because nintendo even stated this themselfs the wii wasnt aiming for realism ,(the shiny graphics found on 360 ps3) THEY WENT THAT ROUTE TWICE AND FAILED
so why is it now they dont do it people want them to they didnt care for nintendo when they were the most powerful back in the n64 /GC ERAS i dont think that should be a problem now , they got along fine with playstations 32 bit proccessing ,

so wiis graphics are fine as it is , gc games looked awsome,

i think thats as far as they shoUld have gone , ever since 360 came oUt the games seam to be cut shorter and shorter all for the sake of having these nice shiny graphics gta 3 was long so was vice and san andreas 4 was not quite as lOng same with fpses , on Them

so ya , dont even comment on wii graphics sayin they lack , ,

because i dont think ne 1 is statin a fact ,

because 2 full gens sony had the worst but was many peoples favorite, which is what i dont even understand how can any one have A FAvorite or blast ones graphical abilIties when their faVoriTe wasnt a powerhouse ,BACK IN THE DAY

modern war fare looks like a deceNt wii game
any game that has them kind of graphics but coupled with awsome gameplay is passable i dont care if the graphics looked like a snes game ,

if the gameplay is fun , it shouldnt be a problem

now when the gameplay is dull , graphics will not change anything ,

get the point yet

Wikipedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Wikipedian
Member since 2007 • 1100 Posts

snowman6251

cuuuutteee....

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

How do you be in Pre Alpha and come out in 3 months? That should be more alarming to you than anything else.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#44 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Maybe Treyarch can shock the world and prove they can make it better by November? Or maybe they'll just get lazy, tweak it a tiny bit then release it. Let's wait and see.