Does Okami Make You Feel Stupid?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
I have the PS2 version and the Wii version makes me feel very stupid. I cant draw a cricle in the air with a wiimote. I am honestly stuck in the part of the game were Mr.Orange dances to get the flowers blooming because i cant draw circles around the friggin seeds in the trees. I cant even use the classic control to do it. Does anyone eles have these problems or am i just stupid???
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Just draw a circle around them. Stop when the two ends meet. If the two ends don't meet or you overlap too much it won't register. It's not that hard...
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts

Just draw a circle around them. Stop when the two ends meet. If the two ends don't meet or you overlap too much it won't register. It's not that hard...Rocky32189

Thats what ive been doing but it just doesnt register or it makes the sun!

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
I haven't had any control problems with the Wii version of Okami.
TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts

It takes to about that point to get used to how sensitive it is. I remember being frustrated trying to draw a straight line.

But just after that part, I got the controls and now drawing circles and bombs and lines is easier than cake (and alot quicker than in PS2).

Getting used to the controls is really worth it, if that dodge technique worked right, I'd say the game is nearly perfect.

Popadophalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Popadophalis
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
Try doing things a bit more quickly. I found that the more I stuffed around trying to make the perfect circle the more innacurate I became.
SomeOddGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 SomeOddGuy
Member since 2008 • 1706 Posts

I had trouble at first when trying to use the brush. Now it's like second nature and I can draw the cherry bomb(yes, also a cirlce) in about a second or two with the Wiimote, though I typically have to move the camera up just to get the bomb where I want it...

I guess that it's something you have to get used to. It seems the faster you attempt things, the more prone it is to work, though you have to be careful about little things like going too fast or some other minor mistake. I actually find the Wiimote easier to use. :)

Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts
In before Jaysonguy comes in calling the game shovelware.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
The Mr. Orange part was a problem on the PS2 as well.
lolwaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lolwaffles
Member since 2008 • 556 Posts

yah, its kinda hard to draw the things correctly there

McNulty5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 McNulty5
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

The Mr. Orange part is the only part of the game that I hated, not disliked, hated.

Another problem with it is that if your circle appears on the sky that's on the background, you might end up making a sunrise instead of the bloom you were hoping for..

tommy--F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tommy--F
Member since 2008 • 502 Posts
just practice man, that bit is particularly picky, i had to have a few retries, i find if you are quick and fluid with your motions then you will be a lot more accurate than when being picky and precise - your hand will shake more if you try the go-slow approach
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

No problems with circles here. I have trouble drawing a straight line, though, especially when you have to mark the names of the special monsters you kill on the list. By the way, why do we have to mark the names manually? It's tedious and pointless.

The game is really good, though, so these details are just a minor nuisance.

JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#14 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
The circles haven't been a main problem for me, but on occassion I'll accidentally make the sun rise instead of trees blossom. Other aspects of the control make me feel stupid. Waggling my Wiimote in combat like a madman, hoping it would register some of the movements. Tilting my nunchuck left or right to dodge and Ammy manages to move up or down.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
draw small circles.
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
You can force a straight line by holding Z for anyone having trouble with that. And yeah, I've had some trouble with bloom.
tofanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tofanatic
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts

i never played this on the ps2 but i dont really have that much trouble. i get stuck a little when i need to build a bridge but all it takes is finding the right angle and brushing a certain way. not too annoying but i do have to try several times on occasion, luckily for me there are very many bridges to draw in the game