Does Nintendo realy have a heart?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

User Lists: 0

#1 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts
Does Nintendo just pretend to care, and it's actualy a cold hearted company, like all of the others. Or does Nintendo actualy care about us?
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
I think Nintendo cares about us. If they didn't all of their classics wouldn't be as good as they are.
stkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 stkr
Member since 2006 • 6118 Posts
Like any other company, I'm sure there are several people working for Nintendo who really care about it's image. I'm sure some employees really want to make Nintendo fans happy and give us what we want. On the other hand, I'm sure there are people working at Nintendo who couldn't care less about the customer and just want money. It's the same with any company.
BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts
....corporations don't have hearts.
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lunar52
....corporations don't have hearts.BrooklynHotBoy

Nintendo isn't a "corporation". They are a company.
Avatar image for Wiifanboy_4life
Wiifanboy_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Wiifanboy_4life
Member since 2006 • 3971 Posts

[QUOTE="BrooklynHotBoy"]....corporations don't have hearts.Lunar52

A corporation as defined by the state of Virginia is basically an business organization that is owned publicly by the buying, selling, and sharing of stock. It is in fact a corporation. At least, by the definition of the state of Virginia. Perhaps it's different in your state. Anywho, corporations do have hearts. They function much like the human body. And Nintendo certainly has a heart.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
I think they care about our money first.
wolverine08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wolverine08
Member since 2007 • 245 Posts
Microsoft has heart...
cheez-it_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 cheez-it_kid
Member since 2008 • 702 Posts
Well..they care enough..
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 Arkthemaniac
Member since 2007 • 1237 Posts

If they didn't, Galaxy would have been completely phoned in.

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

Nintendo is more of a fleshy sack of organs and tissue... but there's a heart in there somewhere.

Slingblade1170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Slingblade1170
Member since 2005 • 437 Posts
yeah they care about their players especially young kids thats one of the reasons there is no mic in online play
BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts

[QUOTE="BrooklynHotBoy"]....corporations don't have hearts.Lunar52

what? uh, last time i checked nintendo is open to the public and you can invest their stocks. i think their correct title is japanese multinational corporation. do you know know what nasdaq is???

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Well, every company has to have the bottom line in mind. Otherwise they'd quickly go out of business.

However, Nintendo's amazing customer service makes me get the sense that yes, they do honestly care about their customers and want them to be happy. Now, that could just be due to the fact that doing so will inspire a more dedicated and loyal customer base which in turn will lead to a more assured income, but we can gloss over that part. ;)

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Like any other company, I'm sure there are several people working for Nintendo who really care about it's image. I'm sure some employees really want to make Nintendo fans happy and give us what we want. On the other hand, I'm sure there are people working at Nintendo who couldn't care less about the customer and just want money. It's the same with any company.stkr

Great answer. We can't make the mistake of assuming that Nintendo has a hive mind. We know that someone like Miyamoto cares about the gamers. Iwata seems to care as well. A lot of their practices work well for them because in their efforts to please gamers, they make a whole lot of money.

If you've ever listened to or seen a Nintendo press conference, you know that its a profit-driven company. They're not targeting the non-gamers because they have a special affection for grandmothers and non-tech-savvy people; they're targeting them because they're a blue ocean of potential profit. But you can also see, when people like Miyamoto or Iwata talk, that they're very interested in making gamers out of these people because that's their passion.

So.... I couldn't vote in your poll. ;)

Avatar image for Nintendofan2321
Nintendofan2321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nintendofan2321
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Well who knows? Money might come first for the company. Or do they care How knows lol?
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lunar52

[QUOTE="Lunar52"][QUOTE="BrooklynHotBoy"]....corporations don't have hearts.Wiifanboy_4life

A corporation as defined by the state of Virginia is basically an business organization that is owned publicly by the buying, selling, and sharing of stock. It is in fact a corporation. At least, by the definition of the state of Virginia. Perhaps it's different in your state. Anywho, corporations do have hearts. They function much like the human body. And Nintendo certainly has a heart.

I live in don't live in a state I live in a province and I guess I phrased it the wrong way Nintendo isn't a company full of greedy corporate a-holes is what I meant.
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lunar52

[QUOTE="stkr"]Like any other company, I'm sure there are several people working for Nintendo who really care about it's image. I'm sure some employees really want to make Nintendo fans happy and give us what we want. On the other hand, I'm sure there are people working at Nintendo who couldn't care less about the customer and just want money. It's the same with any company.JordanElek

Great answer. We can't make the mistake of assuming that Nintendo has a hive mind. We know that someone like Miyamoto cares about the gamers. Iwata seems to care as well. A lot of their practices work well for them because in their efforts to please gamers, they make a whole lot of money.

If you've ever listened to or seen a Nintendo press conference, you know that its a profit-driven company. They're not targeting the non-gamers because they have a special affection for grandmothers and non-tech-savvy people; they're targeting them because they're a blue ocean of potential profit. But you can also see, when people like Miyamoto or Iwata talk, that they're very interested in making gamers out of these people because that's their passion.

So.... I couldn't vote in your poll. ;)

I agree with you.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

They love money. We have money.

So by extension, yes, they love the customer. But so do Sony and Microsoft. All 3 companies are the same, but they go about it a different way.

Here's how I see it:

Sony is like a hot, blonde gold-digger who relies on her looks to get her money. She's fun to be with, but we all know what she really wants.

Microsoft is the eager-to-please girl who makes you breakfast in the morning and gives you backrubs (as well as some other things, but I can't go into detail here...), but secretly wants something in return (usually what's in your wallet).

Meanwhile, Nintendo uses down-to-Earth charm. She's the one that you can take home to Mother. She's really polite, and makes sure you feel loved. She makes you actually want to give her gifts and money, and to be with her for a life time (until she delays Brawl, then you just get pissed off :P).

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
Nintendo owns the Seattle Mariners so yeah cause I like baseball :)
Xraydon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xraydon
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts
they are in the business to make money. you thought otherwise? cmon!!
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
Well I've heard amazing stories about their customer service (like fixing someones wii even though their warranty expired) so thats a bonus. Plus they, unlike sony, make their consoles/controlers durable so if some sort of misfortune were to come upon it there is a good chance its still playable and you won't need a new one so they care enough to do this but its not like they care about us. they do this to keep us happy and keep buying their stuff kind of like how the US government gives just enough to poor people to keep them from rioting.
Avatar image for shadimoscouplos
shadimoscouplos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shadimoscouplos
Member since 2004 • 1572 Posts
they care for money like every other industry...
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lunar52

So by extension, yes, they love the customer. But so do Sony and Microsoft. All 3 companies are the same, but they go about it a different way.

Here's how I see it:

Sony is like a hot, blonde gold-digger who relies on her looks to get her money. She's fun to be with, but we all know what she really wants.

Microsoft is the eager-to-please girl who makes you breakfast in the morning and gives you backrubs (as well as some other things, but I can't go into detail here...), but secretly wants something in return (usually what's in your wallet).

Meanwhile, Nintendo uses down-to-Earth charm. She's the one that you can take home to Mother. She's really polite, and makes sure you feel loved. She makes you actually want to give her gifts and money, and to be with her for a life time (until she delays Brawl, then you just get pissed off :P).

bob_newman

Amazing way of putting it.
hiho24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 hiho24
Member since 2005 • 4052 Posts
Yes they do care. Given that they make most of their games for the system they put a lot of effort into making good ones. You can see this with Miyamoto's passion for game design. The games are great and so is their customer service. They care quite a bit on what they are doing.
Felmo_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Felmo_07
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts
No i dont and if u were in Europe or Australia like me and u were still waiting for Brawl then u would understand
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

Here's how I see it:

bob_newman

I love you nintendo, can you marry me?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
It's not all money that makes the world turn.
monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
nintendo does care abit, but delaying games for PAL users, makes me cranky :@
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lunar52
Nintendo owns the Seattle Mariners so yeah cause I like baseball :)air_wolf_cubed

I didn't know that. Do they really?
Deominator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Deominator
Member since 2003 • 852 Posts

Does Nintendo just pretend to care, and it's actualy a cold hearted company, like all of the others. Or does Nintendo actualy care about us?TheAcejoel99

I think it is more like this: Nintendo Of Japan cares about their fans and Nintendo Of America just cares about $ and pretends to care about the fans. If NOA were not owned by NOJ and they were to become separate entities then you would see NOA's true nature, which is the same as every American company: Money.

kratos419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kratos419
Member since 2005 • 271 Posts
profit is the primary goal of every company/ corporation on Earth. none of them actually care about their customers per se, they care about keeping your business. the way a company does this is great customer support, reliability, and most importantly a great product. in the gaming industry exclusive titles and fanboyism seem to be the primary sellers of the consoles themselves. the wii seems to be the only console that is anything remotely close to being reliable. as far as customer support, ive never had a problem with my wii so i dont know. m$ has awesome customer support though, thats very important considering the horrendous failure rate.
GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts

Yes, they care about us a lot. Don't you listen to Reggie's "talks"?

Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#35 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
Of course Nintendo cares only about money, anyone thinking otherwise should get out of dream world and live reality... And of course they make good games, the fact they make good games doesn't mean they "care" about us, it's their duty to make good games, for we are buying it, and expect nothing less. After all, they don't wanna lose consumers, do they?
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I'd say what I want to say, but it has already said my many, therefore... I won't say it :P
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

No, I don't believe they have a heart.

If they had a heart there'd be more games available on the VC.

In their current position though, I'd say they're in it for the money.

rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
err not sure
cafccc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 cafccc
Member since 2005 • 652 Posts
I think taht the fact they delay games for fine tuning really answers taht question, look at sonic, sega barely spend any time on his games anymore, they turn out bad ( except afew) and they get a huge profit. The fact taht Nintendo delays its games to work on them really proves somethinga dn the fact taht there sequels alwaqys contain improvements also proves this.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]Nintendo owns the Seattle Mariners so yeah cause I like baseball :)Lunar52

I didn't know that. Do they really?

yup
crankypinoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41 crankypinoy
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts

Here's how I see it:

bob_newman
thats a very nice way to put it
AlSharid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AlSharid
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts
Not all of its workers but I believe Iwata and Miyamato really care about us and truly want fans to have fun. Wikipedia states that Miyamato is a humble person, he doesn't accept the super high paychecks and just takes a normal regular paycheck.

+ I agree with Deominator 100%

AlSharid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AlSharid
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts
Sorry just edited it
ahahaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 ahahaG
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts

like a mother loves her child for sure. they give us SSBB, MK: Wii, and WiiWare all within 3 months. let's not forget, earthbound is esrb rated too now.

And as conversation goes on or so they say, Nintendo's heart grew 3 sizes that day :D

Agreb91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#47 Agreb91
Member since 2005 • 7169 Posts
Nintendo is just another company out there for your money. Look at the Wii, they make it so hard to find to drive up demand.