Does any body not like the way GS is reviewing VC games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
Therer treating the games like they cost Double there price but really it's like  5 to 10 Dollars 
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
They rate them on how well they hold up today and how well they were emulated.
FLYmeatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FLYmeatwad
Member since 2006 • 553 Posts
Well, I never owned an SNES, only an NES, Genesis, and 64, so right now I'm concentrating on buying great SNES games I missed out on so I don't know how much different it is playing with the GC controller as opposed to the SNES controller. Though I don't think they need to be nearly as harsh because it's not like they are brand new games, just ports. SMW is a little difficult to control with the GC controller though...
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts

Nobody

likes the way GS is doing it....

1.) they should just recommend it or not recommend it and tell how well it was emulated, not review it
2.) they should group them separate from actual Wii games
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
[QUOTE="ShakeNBake1491"]

Nobody

likes the way GS is doing it.... 1.) they should just recommend it or not recommend it, not review it 2.) they should group them separate from actual Wii games

Actually I like the way they do it.
It's how these games stand up compared to today, lots of people weren't around for these games the first time, no need for them to get suckered into getting Urban Champion.
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
[QUOTE="ShakeNBake1491"]

Nobody

likes the way GS is doing it.... 1.) they should just recommend it or not recommend it, not review it 2.) they should group them separate from actual Wii gamesJaysonguy

Actually I like the way they do it.
It's how these games stand up compared to today, lots of people weren't around for these games the first time, no need for them to get suckered into getting Urban Champion.

I agree. I like the VC reviews on Gamespot.

zcds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 161

#7 zcds
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts
they are comparing them to today's standards, how well they hold up and will entertain, just because a game is a classic dosen't mean it's gonna get a good score.  they are though but fair .
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
they are comparing them to today's standards, how well they hold up and will entertain, just because a game is a classic dosen't mean it's gonna get a good score.  they are though but fair .zcds
Exactly, and Goldeneye would deservedly get something like 6 even though it was a god in its day.
FLYmeatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FLYmeatwad
Member since 2006 • 553 Posts
[QUOTE="zcds"]they are comparing them to today's standards, how well they hold up and will entertain, just because a game is a classic dosen't mean it's gonna get a good score.  they are though but fair .tomarlyn
Exactly, and Goldeneye would deservedly get something like 6 even though it was a god in its day.

And still to this day actually plays great with the 64 controller, even if it did feel a bit odd the first time I went back to it after about 4 or 5 years.
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
[QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="zcds"]they are comparing them to today's standards, how well they hold up and will entertain, just because a game is a classic dosen't mean it's gonna get a good score.  they are though but fair .FLYmeatwad

And still to this day actually plays great with the 64 controller, even if it did feel a bit odd the first time I went back to it after about 4 or 5 years.

Nah goldeneye would still get a 8.0 at least.
EolGul2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 EolGul2
Member since 2005 • 1721 Posts
SMW is a little difficult to control with the GC controller though...FLYmeatwad

Buy a classic controller.  It feels almost exactly like the SNES controller and is easily worth the $20.
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
I hate how they do it. They should give their original review and then give their second review of it and just average the two out.

burfeindt21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 burfeindt21
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
they should do it the way game informer does it have the retro rating and the jus have wat they think it would be now
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

I don't listnen to them or any on reviewers who reviews the VC. I know them. I played them. I know which ones are worth and ones are not. I can make a list right now from the current VC list that it's calling the worth list.

I don't need noob who said something it's not worth when I know it's worth.

senecaboyer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 senecaboyer88
Member since 2005 • 3386 Posts
[QUOTE="FLYmeatwad"][QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="zcds"]they are comparing them to today's standards, how well they hold up and will entertain, just because a game is a classic dosen't mean it's gonna get a good score. they are though but fair .StarFoxCOM

too bad its never coming out...
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
[QUOTE="StarFoxCOM"][QUOTE="FLYmeatwad"][QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="zcds"]they are comparing them to today's standards, how well they hold up and will entertain, just because a game is a classic dosen't mean it's gonna get a good score. they are though but fair .senecaboyer88

Perfect Dark is better....
senecaboyer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 senecaboyer88
Member since 2005 • 3386 Posts
[QUOTE="senecaboyer88"][QUOTE="StarFoxCOM"][QUOTE="FLYmeatwad"][QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="zcds"]they are comparing them to today's standards, how well they hold up and will entertain, just because a game is a classic dosen't mean it's gonna get a good score. they are though but fair .nintendofreak_2

Perfect Dark is better....

too bad thats not ever coming out either...