Do you think Nintendo held back too much info untill E3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9735 Posts

There might be so much info that my head will explode. They've held back info on EVERYTHING about the Wii U since last E3, all Wii U versions for multiplatform games included.

Avatar image for LoW-MisterSeven
LoW-MisterSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 LoW-MisterSeven
Member since 2012 • 153 Posts

There might be so much info that my head will explode. They've held back info on EVERYTHING about the Wii U since last E3, all Wii U versions for multiplatform games included.

GameboyTroy
definetly.i didnt learn anything besides what the controller could be used for and that the wii u would be hd.thats it.
LoW-MisterSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LoW-MisterSeven
[QUOTE="GameboyTroy"]

LoW-MisterSeven
definetly.i didnt learn anything besides what the controller could be used for and that the wii u would be hd.thats it.

Wii'll see what goes down (see what i did there?)
GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

Nope, this is just Nintendo doing what Nintendo does best: remain silent.

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

No. I actually think in some areas they've let a little too much information slip out.

LoW-MisterSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LoW-MisterSeven

No. I actually think in some areas they've let a little too much information slip out.

JollyGreenOne
aww dude sick picture in your sig lol
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

[QUOTE="JollyGreenOne"]

LoW-MisterSeven

Haha, I know right? :lol:

I've been using it all month, but I'll need to find a new one after E3.

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

GamerEye

Yea im actually ok with them remaining quiet in this sense. It makes their reveals that much more awesome, and of course we dont end up waiting forever for a release to come out because they keep quite till its very close to release. Better than delays, and they usually give themselves plenty of time for hype to build and also time to get all their marketing for said game or product.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

[QUOTE="LoW-MisterSeven"][QUOTE="JollyGreenOne"]

JollyGreenOne

You new one can be the same except change the text to "He has dropped the bomb". :P

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Nope. Too much info released actually. Some heavy hitters are already known which will strip the shock value of those games now. I think they should've kept things totally silent minus the controller alteration. That way our minds would be blown. Funny thing is, since it's going to be only an hour, how much WiiU news can they cram into it? I mean they do have the 3DS to promote as well so the pace is going to have to be very brisk. They will release more info during the Roundtable afterwards of course but I think at least 80% of Nintendo's E3 conference should be dedicated to the WiiU with mind blowing games one after another.
LoW-MisterSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LoW-MisterSeven

[QUOTE="JollyGreenOne"]

[QUOTE="LoW-MisterSeven"]aww dude sick picture in your sig loltrugs26

You new one can be the same except change the text to "He has dropped the bomb". :P

lmao and it shows the e3 place in flames in the background and he's holding a wii u tablet with a mario hat on,a link sword on his back.and pikachu ears.gotta have those ears...

Ninja62611

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ninja62611
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Well Considering Sony/Microsoft CONFIRMED they are not showing their next gen consoles, Nintendo will have the best conference. They will just keep hitting you with news over, and over. Like how they did 2010 or 2009

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
it's nintendo, it's what they do.
Thesuperstar2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#14 Thesuperstar2k
Member since 2012 • 372 Posts

No it will be succesful.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I think there should've been some more info out by now, but this only means E3 will be only be THAT MUCH BETTER! I feel like I'm gonna explode with all this hype. Not to mention all the 3DS news and games!

EXyvy.gif

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GameboyTroy

I think there should've been some more info out by now, but this only means E3 will be only be THAT MUCH BETTER! I feel like I'm gonna explode with all this hype. Not to mention all the 3DS news and games!

ChubbyGuy40

You're right about E3 being that much better. I would have liked to have a little more info before E3.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

[QUOTE="JollyGreenOne"]

[QUOTE="LoW-MisterSeven"]aww dude sick picture in your sig loltrugs26

Or"He has dropped the ball," depending on how the show goes.
shadow_Metroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#19 shadow_Metroid
Member since 2005 • 1631 Posts

Yes, I also think it'll be a bit of an overload.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

Since E3 is a week away I am ok with what was revealed so far. Hopefully outside of the release date (they are announcing it after E3) we get to know most of the games coming this year, and most of the info about the wii u at E3.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

GamerEye

This. That's why Nintendo's E3 is so special.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts
Nope. Too much info released actually. Some heavy hitters are already known which will strip the shock value of those games now. I think they should've kept things totally silent minus the controller alteration. That way our minds would be blown. Funny thing is, since it's going to be only an hour, how much WiiU news can they cram into it? I mean they do have the 3DS to promote as well so the pace is going to have to be very brisk. They will release more info during the Roundtable afterwards of course but I think at least 80% of Nintendo's E3 conference should be dedicated to the WiiU with mind blowing games one after another. nini200
Well its not all about the conference, E3 is three days, they will have a roundtable again more than likely and they have partners. You might see some Wii U stuff during EA and Ubi's conference and definitely in their booths. There wont be any shortage of chances to show off the system.
Avatar image for HeavyMetalKirby
HeavyMetalKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HeavyMetalKirby
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts
No I didnt think they held back. There is sooooo much to be revealed at e3!
Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Nope. Nintendo knows how to keep their secrets a secret. E3 will be phenominal.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Yes. Just take a look at this board. 95% of all Wii U traffic has to do with rumors, speculation, and supposed leaks, not official information that Nintendo itself has released. What Nintendo has said itself really borderlines on next to nothing at all about the system and its software. A visual of the console and the tablet, tech demos, not even a handful of announced games, including games that weren't even in development at that time, and that's really it. For a console that's supposedly coming out at the end of the year, that isn't very much.

Yeah, I understand the strategy that Nintendo's doing here... or at least the strategy most people THINK Nintendo's going with, since I doubt anyone around here truly knows. However, it's not a foolproof plan in the slightest. You either be this silent because you feel like you have something truly special or because you really have very little to show. *gasp* Not to say that it's the latter, but I don't recall Nintendo being quite this hush-hush about the DS and Wii this close to their respective launches, and they turned out to be special systems. Not to mention that if the Wii U really does have that much going for it, it wouldn't have done too much harm for Nintendo to confirm a rumor or two, such as a Luigi's Mansion 2 coming to the system. That sort of thing wouldn't have been make or break, and it probably would serve as something for people to better gauge their interest in the console.

Instead, we still don't know much about the system at all, including price, launch lineup, and what we should expect from the system down the line. This is a move that is just as dangerous as it is smart. Not that there's anything wrong with high expectations, but right now, the assumption is that Nintendo can do nothing but blow away people's minds at E3, and that can be a bad thing. For some systems like the Wii, it has worked tremendously moving forward. However, it has managed to hurt the starts of several other systems significantly, such as the PS3 and 3DS, which at least in some people before their respective releases were seen as systems that could do no wrong. And even if Nintendo puts up a great showing at E3, that doesn't solidify the system's success on the market, but just give forum-goers something to talk about. If anything, recent history has shown that Nintendo's usually better off when its E3 presentation doesn't send this part of the world in a frenzy.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Take them for what you will, as always. :P

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts
^Well being in all how much Nintendo has been aped in the past, I don't blame them for not wanting to tip their hand too early. Also they don't want the competition preparing counters for their announcements. It doesn't matter how much or (especially) how little you have to show. You don't want the competition attempting to dilute it. For example, I fully expect Sony to try and ape the feature of the Wii U controller to stream games, by once again saying that the Vita and PS3 can do something along those lines.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I don't care at all about the system, and haven't since it was first unveiled. Considering I'm a die hard Nintendo fan, that's probably not a good thing, and this silence is to blame. Putting all they're eggs in one basket and relying on E3 is a risky play.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Oh, I definitely understand that angle, Sepewrath. It wouldn't be the first time Nintendo has seen one of its ideas copied by someone else. That said, unless the Wii U is packing some new tech that we've yet to see, it's not as if the system or the tablet is anything that unique. We've seen touch screens, motion sensors, and microphones already, and the Wii U table is just a compiliation of those things on a controller with a more conventional layout. It's a super-sized 3DS without the second screen and 3D, really. :P Honestly, I don't see something like that worth holding back. That's almost like Sony hiding a new format for its next system. lol

Plus, it still doesn't explain things like software and pricing, which I think are far more important factors here. Nintendo's had a year to establish some sort of ground with the Wii U, and they've done next to nothing. We're living in an age where publishers show trailers of games that can still be at least a year from being released, yet Nintendo hasn't even given so much as a screenshot of a single game to this point. There is a such thing as being too quiet, and I think that's what Nintendo has done.

Meetroid's comment echoes the concerns I have about this. It's bad enough that we as dedicated gamers haven't seen much solid info concerning the system, and I imagine most people in the outside world have all but forgotten that Nintendo announced the Wii U a year ago. There is still the possiblity that Nintendo could be hiding something, true. However, what that is and what kind of impact it will make, whether big, small, positive, or negative, remains to be seen, and that's even if there IS a secret to begin with. I'm just saying that it shouldn't have been that dangerous for Nintendo to offer a glimpse of something at this point.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I'm both glad they kept so much stuff back because they can really blow people away, but at the same time i'm kinda worried about info overload. The wait for it is killing me, and I can't wait to see it, either way "My Body is Reggie".
GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerEye"]

Gohansephiroth

Yea im actually ok with them remaining quiet in this sense. It makes their reveals that much more awesome, and of course we dont end up waiting forever for a release to come out because they keep quite till its very close to release. Better than delays, and they usually give themselves plenty of time for hype to build and also time to get all their marketing for said game or product.

Only exception to that I can think of was Super Smash Bros. Brawl, where they annouced it waaaaay too soon, and as a result it got delayed several times.

littledoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 littledoe
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Officially though, the only company that will show off some hardware info is Nintendo. Last year they gave us but a glimpse of the Wii U and this year we are hoping for some more information, mainly a price tag and a launch date. kizi games
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

[QUOTE="Gohansephiroth"]

[QUOTE="GamerEye"]

GamerEye

Only exception to that I can think of was Super Smash Bros. Brawl, where they annouced it waaaaay too soon, and as a result it got delayed several times.

Yeah, and I think they announced SSB4 way too soon. There are some people who are convinced they are going to be showing it off at E3, and yet it only went into development a few months ago. I know they announced it to build hype for the WiiU, but it was foolish when they knew it wasn't even in development, they should have waited.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="Gohansephiroth"]

[QUOTE="GamerEye"]

GamerEye

twaraito purincess.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

GameboyTroy
no, how is this bad? isn't that what E3 is about?
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#35 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Didn't Nintendo say something about releasing info about the Wii U throughout the year? So much for that, aye? They need to drop some serious bombs at E3. Considering how they've kept their cards close to the chest this entire time, that shouldn't be too difficult. They've got everything to lose and gain.

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts

I don't think Nintendo have held back too much information. Its much better from a marketing perspective to hold back the info and then go on a medi blintz in the months leading up to launch then to drag in on for years releasing little hints here and there. It means all the news is new and we're not grumbing about old news. It also means that in the next four months we'll see a Nintendo media blintz, they'll be everywhere promoting their new console, E3 is just the start.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GameboyTroy

Well, they held back so much info that they will have 2 conferences.