Do you prefer DS Lite or DSi?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

razzack9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 razzack9
Member since 2008 • 461 Posts

So which ds do you prefer? I'd go with the lite becuz i don't think the DSi is anymore special with its camera and the rather unimpressive (IMO) DSi ware. I don't think there is any reason to shell out more money for a DSi if you alredy have a Lite.

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

I'd say DSi. For anyone new the DSi seems like the best choice. The updatable software and DSiWare seems to have limitless possibilities. Plus the exclusive DSi games are pretty awesome. Who knows, DSi games may even have DLCs with the DSiWare. If there was a Virtual Console for GBA games then it would make the DSi one of the ultimate handhelds. The DSi camera isn't very impressive but you don't have to use it if you don't want to. Really the most important for me is the possible DSi-only Nintendo games. Plus you can't beat the matte finish.

nZiFFLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nZiFFLe
Member since 2009 • 1481 Posts

the dsi buttons are so much better than the lites, and it has lots of cool features.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

DSi in every single way.

This topic should have a poll too.

wraith-squad66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wraith-squad66
Member since 2008 • 1368 Posts

i just got a blue dsi yesterday, and it is ten times better than my old ds lite

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

DSi easily better than Lite IMO

Razmitaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Razmitaz
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts

The only thing I don't like about the DSi is the lower battery life. But other than that, I think it's better.

Avatar image for freakbabyblues-
freakbabyblues-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freakbabyblues-
Member since 2009 • 665 Posts

So which ds do you prefer? I'd go with the lite becuz i don't think the DSi is anymore special with its camera and the rather unimpressive (IMO) DSi ware. I don't think there is any reason to shell out more money for a DSi if you alredy have a Lite.

razzack9
Real Soccer 09 says hi. It's not really the game that's impressive, although it is a pretty solid soccer game for the DS, it just that an entire game was Enhanced and released as DSi Ware. That's pretty impressive if you ask me. When you consider Moving Memo, Brain Age, and all the Aquia games, I find DSi Ware in general to be very impressive. And with all the other features, there's really no reason not to use it. If haven't figured it out all ready, I much prefer the DSi, even though I've owned both of the other iterations of the DS. Best $100 bucks I ever spent. :D This may just be me being too observant for my own good, but I think the DSi is capable of using Alpha Channels, something the DS cannot do. Alpha is a transparency effect that involves blending an image with the background to make it look partially transparent. The DS, to emulate this effect, had holes "drilled" in the object so the background could be seen though it. This method looks kinda ugly and is only used when using aplha channels is either impossible or the appearance of the effect is desired. I came to the conclusion that the DSi could use this alpha effect by using the browser. When a page is loading, a little blue loading bar is visible at the bottom of the screen. The text on the page is still visible through the bar, but the loading bar has no holes "drilled" in it. That means the loading bar is being blended with the background(in this case the page) in real time, in other words, it's using alpha channels. This may seem like nothing, but Alpha Channels can be used to improve the overall graphical appeal of a game. P.S. and by "holes being drilled in the image", I mean having every other pixel of the image being transparent.
Pinkygirl007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pinkygirl007
Member since 2006 • 998 Posts

razzack9
It would make more sense if you actually had both to compare... and if you only had the ds lite.. and not the dsi.. u can't compare because u actually didn't have the expereince to try out the dsi.
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
I can't really say, as I've never seen a real life DSi and I'm perfectly content with my DS Lite so... yeah.
vincentga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 vincentga
Member since 2003 • 49 Posts

Sure I prefer my DS Lite.

DSi is just a bad product.

Why make 2 cheap cameras?

Why remove compatibility with GameBoy?

Why not a better browser?

Why not look what exist today in electronic (iTune, etc)?

Why price is so high?

DSi suck.

Nothing new with this product. I'm really deceived and never I will buy this product.

Nintendo you deceived me a lot !!!

fail_baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fail_baby
Member since 2009 • 898 Posts

Sure I prefer my DS Lite.

DSi is just a bad product.

How would you know?

Why make 2 cheap cameras?

For casual use and for very cool gameplay elements

Why remove compatibility with GameBoy?

It's bulky and is not needed for what Nintendo has planned for the DSi

Why not a better browser?

It has an awesome browser. I use it a lot. I just used it to edit this post

Why not look what exist today in electronic (iTune, etc)?

what?

Why price is so high?

It's only $170, same as the PSP which has similar capabilities.

DSi suck.

Once again, how would you know?

Nothing new with this product. I'm really deceived and never I will buy this product.

There's lot's of new stuff in this product.

Nintendo you deceived me a lot !!!

I admit, you were decieved, just not by Nintendo.

vincentga

Ignorance will do you no good. I recommend looking up a product before ranting on how bad it is, especially when there's info on 4+ places(all of which are easy to find)on this site and on Nintendo.com.

razzack9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 razzack9
Member since 2008 • 461 Posts

[QUOTE="razzack9"]

Pinkygirl007

It would make more sense if you actually had both to compare... and if you only had the ds lite.. and not the dsi.. u can't compare because u actually didn't have the expereince to try out the dsi.

Justified, but i just dont feel that the dsi has enough for me to go get it even if i still have a perfectly fine ds lite. I guess that's jst my opinion that i dont find the dsi that appealing. hope the future changes my mind tho

ZackPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 ZackPSP
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts

DSi is way better