Do you NEED the nunchuck?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts

I'm about to buy a Wii, and I want get a second controller 'cause i like to play when my mates come round.

Do I NEED a nunchuck? Because £35 for just a straight controller then £15 for a nunchuck ontop is a ridicules price to pay for a controller.

Can anyone reccomend me some decent games too? I know about all the big hitters but my brother will probably want to play it and he's only 4, almost 5 so I need something simple as well for him to play.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I'm about to buy a Wii, and I want get a second controller 'cause i like to play when my mates come round.

Do I NEED a nunchuck? Because £35 for just a straight controller then £15 for a nunchuck ontop is a ridicules price to pay for a controller.

Can anyone reccomend me some decent games too? I know about all the big hitters but my brother will probably want to play it and he's only 4, almost 5 so I need something simple as well for him to play.

death1505921

My little sister at 6 devoured wii sports and wii play. Does he like playing wii sports? If he can get some hours out of it maybe it would be a good idea to get wii play with Your second wiimote.

Btw i would get a nunchuk, but You won't need it for like half the games in the end. If You're being honest though, i think You know You're going to get one eventually anyway, cause You'll want to be able to play whatever You want to.
SSBB, SMG, SMK, wiisports tennis/bowling, eledees, monkey balls and wario don't need a nunchuk for the second player i think.
Games like RE:UC and Strikers do.
Some good party games coming to wiiware will use the nunchuk as well.
death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 death1505921
[QUOTE="death1505921"]

KungfuKitten

My little sister at 6 devoured wii sports and wii play. Does he like playing wii sports? If he can get some hours out of it maybe it would be a good idea to get wii play with Your second wiimote.

Yeah I will be, I'm pretty sure he'll enjoy that so that should at least keep him out of my hair.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="death1505921"]

death1505921

Yeah I will be, I'm pretty sure he'll enjoy that so that should at least keep him out of my hair.

Oh You're in for some nasty surprises. I've been there. Do You have a lock on Your door?
death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 death1505921
[QUOTE="death1505921"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="death1505921"]

KungfuKitten

Oh You're in for some nasty surprises. I've been there. Do You have a lock on Your door?

Lmao, nah I don't put I'll set it up on my living room TV. As I've got my 360 set up on my TV in my room.

trumpettruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 trumpettruck
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

the only thing you need the nunchuk for initially is wii boxing...

but if you want to play any multiplayer "real games" you should definitely pick up one

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
You should have two Wii motes and two nunchucks. But you can get the nunchuck later on, when you get more games that need it.
death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 death1505921

I ended up getting two and two chucks anyway. I didn't bother with the SD card though since i have no reason to use the VC as I have most of the games on there already.

The 512 internal is fine for saves right?

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

I ended up getting two and two chucks anyway. I didn't bother with the SD card though since i have no reason to use the VC as I have most of the games on there already.

The 512 internal is fine for saves right?

death1505921

If you mean the game saves, then it's ridiculously more than enough.