do i need to buy a gc controller?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

roryk666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 roryk666
Member since 2005 • 371 Posts
i never owned a gamecube and im thinking of buying an old copy of resident evil 0 off ebay for my wii. i know i need a card but will the classic controller work? or do i need to buy a gc controller too? :(
St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts
Na you need a GC controller, buying a classic one is useless because everything you can do with a classic controller you do with a GC one and more.
roryk666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 roryk666
so every vc game that says you need a classic controler you can just use a cube controller?
LastLaugh90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LastLaugh90
Member since 2005 • 518 Posts
ywH but i had the dpad on the GC controller and prefer using the classic controller for snes and sega games, u cant use analog on the GC so ur forced to move with the tiny outta place dpad...
obsolete2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 obsolete2k1
Member since 2007 • 990 Posts
I picked up the Wavebird so that i could play GC games and VC games but I think that I will pick up the Classic controller as well, just for old school SNES feel.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Na you need a GC controller, buying a classic one is useless because everything you can do with a classic controller you do with a GC one and more.St_muscat

Except SNES games. I mean, you can technically use the GCN controller for these, but the button layout makes many SNES games practically unplayable.

dan543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 dan543
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts

[QUOTE="St_muscat"]Na you need a GC controller, buying a classic one is useless because everything you can do with a classic controller you do with a GC one and more.ThePlothole

Except SNES games. I mean, you can technically use the GCN controller for these, but the button layout makes many SNES games practically unplayable.

I don't think so, I've managed to play SNES games with the GC controller without problems.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ThePlothole
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"]

[QUOTE="St_muscat"]Na you need a GC controller, buying a classic one is useless because everything you can do with a classic controller you do with a GC one and more.dan543

I don't think so, I've managed to play SNES games with the GC controller without problems.

You obviously haven't played Super Mario World yet. (running + jumping just isn't possible with the GCN controller. The buttons for these are too far apart)

jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
[QUOTE="dan543"][QUOTE="ThePlothole"]

[QUOTE="St_muscat"]Na you need a GC controller, buying a classic one is useless because everything you can do with a classic controller you do with a GC one and more.ThePlothole

You obviously haven't played Super Mario World yet. (running + jumping just isn't possible with the GCN controller. The buttons for these are too far apart)

I agree with you plothole

MangoLlamas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#10 MangoLlamas
Member since 2007 • 2325 Posts

ya i think so

fowler75291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fowler75291
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

When i first bought Super Mario World I just had the gamecube controller so iset the controller on my lap and used my three fingers for the buttons...sorta like arcade style lol. Yes you should get a gamecube controller
FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 FFXIsAstyanax
Member since 2003 • 974 Posts

The button layout for DKC2 is another that suggests the classic-controller is better suited for SNES VC games than the GCN controller.
roryk666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 roryk666
and smash brothers brawl will most likely not be compatible with gc controller i guess?
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ThePlothole

and smash brothers brawl will most likely not be compatible with gc controller i guess?roryk666

No, it's confirmed that you can use the GCN controller in SSBB. It's one of four controller options:

roryk666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 roryk666

[QUOTE="roryk666"]and smash brothers brawl will most likely not be compatible with gc controller i guess?ThePlothole

No, it's confirmed that you can use the GCN controller in SSBB. It's one of four controller options:

oh wow nice! thank you