Damn that Wii Shop Channel

This topic is locked from further discussion.

manhunt92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 manhunt92
Member since 2007 • 291 Posts

WHAT A PAIN First, it wouldn't enter the channel for god knows why, and where it finally does gets to enter.. aghh!

Well the story is like this, I'm having troubles entering the channel, but today I did entered and took that oportunity to buy some wii points with a credit card (5000) the operation was fine, i got my all my points really quick so, I tried to use them to download Ocarina of Time, but after some minutes the download stops and reports an error. I entered support.wii.com and it says that it was conectivity problem, but to download the free stuffs the channel doesn't have a problem so i don't think is that. i tried to download another program like the Internet channel, it did the same thing

PLEASE HELP!!! do you think it's a credit card's problem or i tried to download the games to soon, what do you think? I'M DESPERATE!

sman242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sman242
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts

WHAT A PAIN First, it wouldn't enter the channel for god knows why, and where it finally does gets to enter.. aghh!

Well the story is like this, I'm having troubles entering the channel, but today I did entered and took that oportunity to buy some wii points with a credit card (5000) the operation was fine, i got my all my points really quick so, I tried to use them to download Ocarina of Time, but after some minutes the download stops and reports an error. I entered support.wii.com and it says that it was conectivity problem, but to download the free stuffs the channel doesn't have a problem so i don't think is that. i tried to download another program like the Internet channel, it did the same thing

PLEASE HELP!!! do you think it's a credit card's problem or i tried to download the games to soon, what do you think? I'M DESPERATE!

manhunt92

This happend to mii b4. Im not sure what is was thought, mabye your wi-fi connection isnt that stronge or u could try later and c if it works

Firecracker123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Firecracker123
Member since 2007 • 1035 Posts
maybe there is a bug or virus in your wii
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
The Shop Channel has been slow for a few days since Christmas... sooo... you just gotta wait it out. You're not the only one trying to buy games, y'know.
Nomadandsuzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nomadandsuzie
Member since 2005 • 321 Posts

I had all sorts of trouble with the Shop channel for the first 10 months I had my Wii. One day I could go in and download stuff okay, the next day I could not even get in to look around. Same with the Voting channel. Most of the time when I tried to vote, it would give me an error message. I finally discovered it was my router. I had an older Dlink model and it was not working properly. I have a second computer that was also using the router and appeared to be fine, but when I started using the Internet channel on my Wii it became very evident that it was a router problem. The Internet channel would keep loosing the connection every couple of minutes. So I bought a Linksys basic router (on sale) and now I have no problems at all. Oh, and it was not a range issue with my Dlink since it was in the same room as my Wii with a clear site line and only about 20 feet away. It was simply old and not working well.

I do not know if you are having the same problem, but I hope this may help you.

black_steel_4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 black_steel_4u
Member since 2006 • 904 Posts

maybe there is a bug or virus in your wiiFirecracker123

you can get a bug or virus on your wii?? huh

well if your using a wirles connetion then it will go slow. i stoped using mine and went to a wired connetion. it works a lot better.

G00nd0cks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 G00nd0cks
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts
it's gotta be a burp in the broadband conn, have you tried moving your router?
AndYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#8 AndYOU
Member since 2005 • 6712 Posts
It's probably your connection check the signal strength
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

If you have a router set it to channel 1 or 11; this usually reduces the interference that other wireless devices in your house have on you connection. Since the default on your router is prbably channel 6, and most wireless devices use this channel normally, setting a different channel on the router will work better with the Wii. I actually found that channel 3 works best for mine (who knows why...).

Hope that helps. If not, like the poster said a few posts ago, it may be because a lot of people got wiis for christmas and are also trying to download games at the same time.

Patience is a virtue.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
Your router may be set to a default channel. Channel 6 I believe. If so, set it to channel 1 or 11. I set to channel 1 after months of a sketchy shop channel. Now it loads and dowmloads quickly. Oh yeah, make sure you agree to the terms of use before going into the shop channel.
manhunt92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 manhunt92
Member since 2007 • 291 Posts
well thank you really I'l try that but... call me an amateur, i don't know how to enter my router's options :P
Latin_kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Latin_kidd
Member since 2006 • 186 Posts

me too! i have a DI514 and its upstairs, and my wii is downstairs, so my signal doesnt reach.
i dont know what to do

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#13 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
That happened to me when I downloaded Castlevania IV. Just wait a little while and try again. The problem might be at nintendo's end