Cracked hinge questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GFXBayleef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GFXBayleef
Member since 2005 • 4290 Posts

A few days ago I checked my DS right after looking at a topic on GAF about cracked hinges, and low-and-behold, the left hinge on my DS Lite is cracked. Does Nintendo still fix this for free? And even more importantly, my system is an import that I got way back in March of 06. I know it has never had a warranty because of it, so does that basically mean if I ever want to fix the hinge problem I need to buy a new DS, or will Nintendo still repair it for a price?

It's not a major issue if I can't do anything about it. If you want to know my reasoning, I wanted to see if I could get a shiny new DS at a discounted price or something through Nintendo. :P

gameboy343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gameboy343
Member since 2005 • 1024 Posts
the same thing happened to mine a few years ago. nintendo should fix it, but they'll probablycharge you 25-50 dollers or so.
GFXBayleef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GFXBayleef
I take it you mean months. And do they still have the same policy for imported systems?
gameboy343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gameboy343
Member since 2005 • 1024 Posts
no i mean years, it broke back in early 2006,i would assume that they'll still fix it for you. but they'll still probably charge you for it
GFXBayleef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GFXBayleef
Alright, thanks. I guess if it becomes a big issue I'll give them a call.
carstairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 carstairs
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
I got mine repaired for free out of warranty. I just told them of examples I'd seen on the web, and they said that they could do it. So you might want to do some research and tell them what you found, it got me a nice free repair.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
They'll probably still fix it, but it'll probably cost you some money. My DS lite bought at launch, got a cracked hinge a couple months afterwards. It still works perfectly fine. I don't really worry about it, it still works perfect.
risingsuntzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 risingsuntzu
Member since 2004 • 481 Posts
Is this still a problem on newer ds lites? or was it mainly a problem with the first run of ds lites? I also heard that it was mostly the polar white ones that are affected the most.
lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts

i have a similar question:read caps for summary

i bought my ds lite the day the lite came out.about 5 months later it just died on me.i sent it in and they replaced it for free.but the new one they sent me had a cracked hinge.i never thought much about it but just about 3 days ago i closed my ds and it ALMOAST BROKE IN HALF and the section with the green or red light FELL OFF.i didnt even closed it hard.WILL THEY FIX IT FOR FREE,I KNOW MY WARRENTY IS UP?