Considering Wii Play

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
Do u think game reviewers take into consideration the fact that game is technically only $10 when they give them fives or is the game really just that bad that $10 is too much.... cuz i was gonna buy it when i needed a third wiimote but man all the reviews are soo bad. I say this cause i just saw Gamespot's review for it.
JesterSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JesterSage
Member since 2005 • 597 Posts
Okay, here's the deal: if you just want games that actually use the wiimote features, then WiiPlay isn't that bad. If you are buying for yourself, you may consider getting a VC game to be better investment.
slgnbenchwarmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 slgnbenchwarmr
Member since 2007 • 615 Posts
Wii Play is terrible, you will be done with it forever in a couple of days. The only thing good about it is the remote it is packaged in. Maybe Nintendo didn't have confidence in the game itself?
freaky_seb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freaky_seb
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts
It was out in the uk at launch. The only reason i bought it was because it had a second controller. Some of the games are ok, but it is really nothing more than a basic tech demo. But it really does help you get to grip with the way the wiimote functions. Its a shame it wasn't a launch title in america. It would have been more benifical that way.
JackSherbak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JackSherbak
Member since 2005 • 318 Posts

Wii play was a launch title in the UK, a new Wii-Mote is £30, Wii Play is £35, so buying it instead of just a extra controller was a no brainer as for £5 it is a great game... if you already have as many Wii-motes as you plan on ever owning... stear clear, you will be extrememly dissapointed...

jdmpastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 jdmpastor
Member since 2003 • 664 Posts
Do u think game reviewers take into consideration the fact that game is technically only $10 when they give them fives or is the game really just that bad that $10 is too much.... cuz i was gonna buy it when i needed a third wiimote but man all the reviews are soo bad. I say this cause i just saw Gamespot's review for it. ShakeNBake1491

Yes the reviews take that into consideration.  The games aren't good but worth it with the Wii-mote.
arcelice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 arcelice
Member since 2007 • 702 Posts
i say that if the actual game is worth $10 for about 9 games, that's a buck a game, which is good.
davis_amw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 davis_amw
Member since 2004 • 417 Posts
Yea it really was  a mistake bringing Wii Play out late in the US. The only real draw to it, it the free remote. By now - some people already have 4 remotes or as many remotes as the feel they need, and wouldn't consider buying this. That and the fact that people who have had Wiis for a while now dont really need the training aspect of the game.
pantera320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 pantera320
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts
if i were you and was looking to buy a wii mote that is very hard to find right?? so if this game is gonna be easy to find and will come with a wiimote then its only paying 10 more dollars for a few mini games seems like its worth it to me man especially since its so hard to find a wii mote
KenSPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KenSPT
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts
I was going to snag Wii-Play mainly for the Wii-Mote that's packaged in, but seeing that I've already found a second Wii-Mote, I have no reason to buy it.
zcds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 161

#11 zcds
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts
wii paly isnt bad, it's just shallow and over priced, waite till it's $20. 
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#12 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
It seems to be an ok game for 10 dollars
snackdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 snackdaddy
Member since 2006 • 2122 Posts

[QUOTE="ShakeNBake1491"]Do u think game reviewers take into consideration the fact that game is technically only $10 when they give them fives or is the game really just that bad that $10 is too much.... cuz i was gonna buy it when i needed a third wiimote but man all the reviews are soo bad. I say this cause i just saw Gamespot's review for it. jdmpastor

Yes the reviews take that into consideration.  The games aren't good but worth it with the Wii-mote.

Agreed!  I have enjoyed it thus far.  If nothing else it's a good game for people who aren't huge video game people.
I.E. my mom and sister, who have enjoyed it a lot.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

It was out in the uk at launch. The only reason i bought it was because it had a second controller. Some of the games are ok, but it is really nothing more than a basic tech demo. But it really does help you get to grip with the way the wiimote functions. Its a shame it wasn't a launch title in america. It would have been more benifical that way.freaky_seb

If you ask me, Wii Sports was nothing more than a tech demo. I'm curious about the billiards game. That's pretty much the only reason I'd buy it... and I do only have one Wiimote now.

specialed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 specialed
Member since 2003 • 3669 Posts

Yea it really was  a mistake bringing Wii Play out late in the US. The only real draw to it, it the free remote. By now - some people already have 4 remotes or as many remotes as the feel they need, and wouldn't consider buying this. That and the fact that people who have had Wiis for a while now dont really need the training aspect of the game.davis_amw

Too bad there are countless others out there, including first timers that have never played video games, that will be buying a wii and should pick it up for the extra remote and a few games that they will prob enjoy and get use to the control scheme.

linkinworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 linkinworm
Member since 2005 • 3134 Posts
i only realy like the cow raceing on it