Confirmed songs for Guitar Hero: On Tour Decades

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WiiDS17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WiiDS17
Member since 2008 • 228 Posts

Confirmed songs for Guitar Hero: On Tour Decades

These are all the songs confirmed and featured in the preview version of Guitar hero: On Tour Decades. So far the songs seem pretty good and will be able to suite different tastes. All thanks to IGN.

The Full Hands-On is here http://ds.ign.com/articles/898/898825p1.html

Modern Venue

Dirty Little Secret- The All-American Rejects

crushcrushcrush- Paramore

The Take Over, The Break's Over- Fall Out Boy

The Pretender- Foo Fighters

Tarantula- Smashing Pumpkins.

2000-'s Venue

One Step Closer- Linkin Park

Remedy- Seether

The Middle- Jimmy Eat World

Can't Stop- Red Hot Chili Peppers

I Believe in a Thing Called Love- The Darkness

Avatar image for XxShadowTongyxX
XxShadowTongyxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 XxShadowTongyxX
Member since 2008 • 414 Posts
Wow. That is probably the worst list of songs I have ever seen. I know that the two games can send one another songs, so I probably will not buy the new GH.
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
the kids will love this, and I....... I will keep my distance from this one
countdouku1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 countdouku1
Member since 2008 • 154 Posts
i think ill get the first one then buy deckades if i get tired of the first one
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Yeah I read about them on Ign yesturday. I was disgusted it's worse then the first guitar hero DS.
Avatar image for XxShadowTongyxX
XxShadowTongyxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 XxShadowTongyxX
Member since 2008 • 414 Posts
If your friend has Decades, you can trade songs from that game, to On Tour. So really if someone else as decades you will not have to buy it.
Archale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Archale
Member since 2006 • 2129 Posts
I actually like the song list, suits my tastes just fine!
Nshadow23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Nshadow23
Member since 2008 • 416 Posts
The song list seems good.
N-One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 N-One
Member since 2008 • 320 Posts
Some questonable bands & songs, but music games always have those. I'll buy, but when I can.
bigboss00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 bigboss00
Member since 2004 • 2508 Posts
It seems they want to give us more trash, so I guess I won't be buying this one either.
4lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 4lic
Member since 2003 • 679 Posts

I Loved these songs.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Not very good for a Guitar Hero game, but not an awful list of songs IMO.
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
What an awful compilation of songs. Oh my god, just horrible, horrible, horrible.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts
I hope that isn't the entire list.
Josh_3691

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Josh_3691
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts
Just remember people there is still the 1990's, 1980's and 1970's track lists to be announced so there could be some good classic rock amongst those decades. For the songs announced it's still a bit mainstream but there are some songs I like.
DemonIced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DemonIced
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts
The should have scrapped the "Modern" set and add some songs on the 80's ,(but I don't know how they could have justified that... other than : "the 80's pretty much destroyed every other decade") or add the 60's decades... The 2000's set is mediocre at best, but still is better than that Modern one... Just a way to get the kids who have close to no musical culture other than "What's playing on the radio right now"...
get-some-pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 get-some-pie
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts
That list is questionable... I may pass on this one.
zeldaluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 zeldaluff
Member since 2008 • 3387 Posts

The song list isn't too bad, but I can definitely think of some better ones. :roll:

I'll probably buy it anyways.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts

What an awful compilation of songs. Oh my god, just horrible, horrible, horrible.Lyphe2k

agree

DaRkGhOsTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaRkGhOsTZ
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
CoOl i NeDD bUy In ThE tIme moRe ShOrT!
korino55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 korino55
Member since 2008 • 587 Posts

I still haven't gotten the first one (from the so-so reviews) and I'm in no rush to be the first in line for Decades. The songs seem ok so far, but I'll definitely wait for the reviews.

If I do end up getting it, ill persuade my friend to get the first one :P

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts

Remedy FTW maybe we will see more Seether in the future

Linkin Park FTW

but the rest fails...specially Fall out Boy

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts
I hope that isn't the entire list.nintendoman562
Same here.
FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

The should have scrapped the "Modern" set and add some songs on the 80's ,(but I don't know how they could have justified that... other than : "the 80's pretty much destroyed every other decade") or add the 60's decades... The 2000's set is mediocre at best, but still is better than that Modern one... Just a way to get the kids who have close to no musical culture other than "What's playing on the radio right now"...DemonIced

Rofl... and your saying they didn't do that in the 80's, 90's and before? I agree the songs are not the best espically when its a game where your supposed to rock hard on the Guitar but the last part of your comment makes no sense. Thats basically saying if you listen to the radio you have no 'culture.' Which is trivial at best because whatever plays in your country IS your culture, your countries style in music.

In my opinion it's much better than the first song list and dips itself in different styles but most of these tracks are not guitar heavy or don't sound that hard to play.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
Needs more metuhl
DemonIced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DemonIced

[QUOTE="DemonIced"]The should have scrapped the "Modern" set and add some songs on the 80's ,(but I don't know how they could have justified that... other than : "the 80's pretty much destroyed every other decade") or add the 60's decades... The 2000's set is mediocre at best, but still is better than that Modern one... Just a way to get the kids who have close to no musical culture other than "What's playing on the radio right now"...FallofAthens

Rofl... and your saying they didn't do that in the 80's, 90's and before? I agree the songs are not the best espically when its a game where your supposed to rock hard on the Guitar but the last part of your comment makes no sense. Thats basically saying if you listen to the radio you have no 'culture.' Which is trivial at best because whatever plays in your country IS your culture, your countries style in music.

In my opinion it's much better than the first song list and dips itself in different styles but most of these tracks are not guitar heavy or don't sound that hard to play.

I actually said that most of the kids today don't know much music other than what is played on the radio, the easy pop-rap-rock thing. What I mean is that most of the kids today wouldn't make the difference between a Mozart and a Beethoven song, or know music you wouldn't hear on most popular radio stations like, let's say Dream Theater, old Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Motorhead, Jethro Tull, Judas Priest, etc. Or know their rock legends like Bob Dylan, Miles Davis, Johnny Cash and others.

I don't have much time to elaborate more, but try to understand my point.

EDIT: Also one thing that irritates me in the actual "radio-music scene" are people taking old songs and add some rapping or some poppy singing and make them "their song" without actually writing the background music. People can say that it makes the original one popular again, but it makes me made when people don't actually know the original artist, or hear the original song and say : " Oh! That's Rihanna or Gym Clas-s Heroes' song!!!" when listening to Tainted Love or the original Take A Look At My Girlfriend... Or that Bob Sinclar remake of Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now), or the guy who butchered Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne, or even that fookin Crazy Frog!!!

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#28 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts
At least it's better than EBA's already. It's not as god awful as it could have been, and if I could enjoy that, then I'll give this a chance.
FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts
[QUOTE="FallofAthens"]

[QUOTE="DemonIced"]The should have scrapped the "Modern" set and add some songs on the 80's ,(but I don't know how they could have justified that... other than : "the 80's pretty much destroyed every other decade") or add the 60's decades... The 2000's set is mediocre at best, but still is better than that Modern one... Just a way to get the kids who have close to no musical culture other than "What's playing on the radio right now"...DemonIced

I actually said that most of the kids today don't know much music other than what is played on the radio, the easy pop-rap-rock thing. What I mean is that most of the kids today wouldn't make the difference between a Mozart and a Beethoven song, or know music you wouldn't hear on most popular radio stations like, let's say Dream Theater, old Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Motorhead, Jethro Tull, Judas Priest, etc. Or know their rock legends like Bob Dylan, Miles Davis, Johnny Cash and others.

I don't have much time to elaborate more, but try to understand my point.

EDIT: Also one thing that irritates me in the actual "radio-music scene" are people taking old songs and add some rapping or some poppy singing and make them "their song" without actually writing the background music. People can say that it makes the original one popular again, but it makes me made when people don't actually know the original artist, or hear the original song and say : " Oh! That's Rihanna or Gym Clas-s Heroes' song!!!" when listening to Tainted Love or the original Take A Look At My Girlfriend... Or that Bob Sinclar remake of Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now), or the guy who butchered Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne, or even that fookin Crazy Frog!!!

I apologize, I misunderstood what you meant. But yes, now that I know what you mean, I agree to an extent. I believe it is good to educate yourself on the older generation and learn where your choice of bands originated from but I also believe we have to evolve musically and come up with new things. That said I really don't like to the radio that much; all they play around here is hip-hop, (sorry for those that listen to it, but I completely cant tolerate it that well) and the much more mainstream bands such as, Fall Out Boy and those like them. Which really isn't my cup of tea. Then again Judas Priest, Motorhead and Slayer aren't my musical tastes as well. I feel we should at least give a try in listening to a broadened horizon of music but as well I think people need to learn to respect others that listen to something different, too. (Not saying you don't, just stating my opinion on the matter) And yes I hate the crazy frog to, lol.

But anyway, on topic, I really think they could do better with the list of songs available. To many companies seem to have this approach to the DS that only kids play and really, that's not true. There have been more guitar heavy songs out there that have come about recently, albeit probably not as popular as these listed but I think would be much more fun to play than these songs.

DemonIced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DemonIced
Amen 8)
LadyShanoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LadyShanoa
Member since 2008 • 678 Posts
The only way I would even own the next GH for DS would be if someone gave it to me for free. Even then I might give it to a homeless person.
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

I apologize, I misunderstood what you meant. But yes, now that I know what you mean, I agree to an extent. I believe it is good to educate yourself on the older generation and learn where your choice of bands originated from but I also believe we have to evolve musically and come up with new things. That said I really don't like to the radio that much; all they play around here is hip-hop, (sorry for those that listen to it, but I completely cant tolerate it that well) and the much more mainstream bands such as, Fall Out Boy and those like them. Which really isn't my cup of tea. Then again Judas Priest, Motorhead and Slayer aren't my musical tastes as well. I feel we should at least give a try in listening to a broadened horizon of music but as well I think people need to learn to respect others that listen to something different, too. (Not saying you don't, just stating my opinion on the matter) And yes I hate the crazy frog to, lol.

But anyway, on topic, I really think they could do better with the list of songs available. To many companies seem to have this approach to the DS that only kids play and really, that's not true. There have been more guitar heavy songs out there that have come about recently, albeit probably not as popular as these listed but I think would be much more fun to play than these songs.

FallofAthens

sorry mac, but I tried doing that (a couple of times) and I just cant find myself to finish listening to the song