Chrono trigger difficulty question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for littlebigdude44
littlebigdude44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 littlebigdude44
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts

im wondering: is chrono trigger extremely hard and unforgiving to play? if it is, i may not buy it. also, how does the difficulty compare to that offinal fantasy 4 ds and dragon quest 4 ds.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

My one friend said he got stuck was stuck in it for a while. I haven't played it, but that's all the information I have.

ShiOokami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 ShiOokami
Member since 2009 • 64 Posts

there are a number of diffrent endings the hardest ending to get i think you have to beat the final boss when you first start which i dont think is really possible without AR lol anyway if youre going for the real ending I would say its ok in difficulty , so just going after the real ending is probably easiest ending to get i would think.

Avatar image for krato_sephiroth
krato_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 krato_sephiroth
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts

The game is only difficult,if you try to beat the harder optional bosses or get some of the tougher endings..

Its an awesome game,and I'd reccommend it to anybody. Btw dragon quest 5 is so much better than 4..

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
What's wrong with a challenge anyway?
mastersword007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 mastersword007
Member since 2005 • 6630 Posts

there are a number of diffrent endings the hardest ending to get i think you have to beat the final boss when you first start which i dont think is really possible without AR lol anyway if youre going for the real ending I would say its ok in difficulty , so just going after the real ending is probably easiest ending to get i would think.

ShiOokami

I facepalmed SO DAMN HARD my head hurts.

Chopinist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Chopinist
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts

if you don't use a walkthrough, then its not hard at all and quite fun

its never unforgiving and i never grind....

i beat it on the SNES and the DS 3 times.... its amazing

the story, the music, everything

its a game u won't regret, atleast, i never will

and its not difficult, but just right that u have to think and can't just slip through the game and finish before you even realize

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts
Thats the problem with ppl nowadays. They dont want to face challenges...-_- I say throw a contra game on this dude DS and force him to play, MWHAHAHA!!! Lol j/k. Chrono Trigger is quite easy. There are some tricky bosses, but other than that, don't expect a real challenge from it.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
While we are on the subject, how long is it?
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts
I don't remember exactly, but i believe something along 20-25 hours, maybe? If you go for all the extra endings and NG+ you can add 10-15 hours.
shard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 shard9
Member since 2005 • 150 Posts

its not really a difficult game, for the time it originally came out it was pretty easy compared torpgs of its time.

also to get the hardest ending the 'dream team' one you have to beat the boss when you first have to compulsory fight it which is nearly impossible unless youve done serious lvl grinding.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
It's not hard game play wise. No boss was overly difficult and your character's levels tend to always be around the same as your enemies. The only time it seemed hard is if I wandered into an area I wasn't supposed to be in yet or I got stuck on where to go next. If that happens there is always GameSpot or Google to help you find your way :)
Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#13 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

its not really a difficult game, for the time it originally came out it was pretty easy compared torpgs of its time.

also to get the hardest ending the 'dream team' one you have to beat the boss when you first have to compulsory fight it which is nearly impossible unless youve done serious lvl grinding.

shard9

Not really, I just beat the whole game (side dungeons included) first, then went directly into that. Piece of cake, actually...

Lunuil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lunuil
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I found it challenging but not "Unforgiving". On my first playthrough I beat it without Chrono, which made things slightly more difficult. But my other party members were fine.

sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sinsalaca
Member since 2005 • 1070 Posts

I too took a whirl with Chrono Trigger (having never played the original). In terms of difficulty it is not overly hard or punishing, alotuhg I am only about halfway through it at the moment. The bigge frustration I have noticed is that are often left with no real idea of where you are to go next in some cases. I have had several occasion where I have had to look at walkthroughs on Gamespot because I couldn't figure out where you needed to go.

Avatar image for littlebigdude44
littlebigdude44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 littlebigdude44
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts

Thats the problem with ppl nowadays. They dont want to face challenges...-_- I say throw a contra game on this dude DS and force him to play, MWHAHAHA!!! Lol j/k. Chrono Trigger is quite easy. There are some tricky bosses, but other than that, don't expect a real challenge from it.meiaman

im just curious. i actually enjoy challenges, and though i havent beaten contra 4, i have played it and i enjoyed it very much.