Capcom to make Wii owners very [upset]..UC2 on-rails confirmed.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Arkk_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Arkk_Angel
Member since 2003 • 787 Posts

All this news about Capcom about to make us "Wii owners very happy" is really setting up the company for major failure. Who isn't expecting BIG things because of this announcement? By big, I mean something new!! Will a port or a Wii-make really make "Wii owners very happy?" I sure as heck won't be happy if Capcom announces a Wii-make or worst yet a port.

How do you guys feel about it?

EDIT: Now that the on-rails RE:UC2 is confirmed....what do y'all think?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/961/961334p1.html

lil_speedy_rvd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lil_speedy_rvd
Member since 2003 • 527 Posts

if they create a port or a wii-make imma be pretty upset, they did a terrible port with Dead rising, and IMO i dont think the wii needs more remakes. If they do either of those i have lost all hope in capcom ( at least with there Wii line-up).

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I'm leaning toward this being some kind of port or cop out game, can you blame Capcom though the last port and cop out game both sold well over a million copies. If people stop buying these things then either we will get no support from Capcom or they will stop making these games, neither is that bad of an outcome if this is all Capcom has to offer. The one good new Wii game they produced that actually came to America they act as if it doesn't even exist.
Arkk_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Arkk_Angel
I'm leaning toward this being some kind of port or cop out game, can you blame Capcom though the last port and cop out game both sold well over a million copies. If people stop buying these things then either we will get no support from Capcom or they will stop making these games, neither is that bad of an outcome if this is all Capcom has to offer. The one good new Wii game they produced that actually came to America they act as if it doesn't even exist. Sepewrath
Zack & Wiki?
Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dingerious
Member since 2009 • 685 Posts

I don't know what anyone else is expecting, but the very best I'm expecting from Capcom is Umbrella Cronicles 2 (which I won't be supporting). Remember guys, Capcom actually thinks Chop Till You Drop is a good game.

Well, no, they don't actually think that. They're just trying to convince us that they think that so that we'll buy their game.

Zack & Wiki?Arkk_Angel

...Is getting neither a sequel nor a spiritual successor. And one good B-title doesn't make up for the many ports and half-assed wii "efforts".

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sepewrath
Yeah, the game got no advertisement and was never pushed by Capcom. They pushed the hell out of Umbrella Chronicles though.
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts
They would me me REALLY, and I do mean REALLY HAPPY if they announce Zack & Wiki 2.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sepewrath
They would me me REALLY, and I do mean REALLY HAPPY if they announce Zack & Wiki 2.Cesar_Barba
lol Zack and Wiki sold like 12 copies and Capcom bought 6 of them(exaggeration obviously) the sales were really poor, there will be no sequel to that game.
Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dingerious
Member since 2009 • 685 Posts

[QUOTE="Cesar_Barba"]They would me me REALLY, and I do mean REALLY HAPPY if they announce Zack & Wiki 2.Sepewrath
lol Zack and Wiki sold like 12 copies and Capcom bought 6 of them(exaggeration obviously) the sales were really poor, there will be no sequel to that game.

They weren't really poor, but they weren't significant enough to warrant a sequel.

Arkk_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Arkk_Angel
They would me me REALLY, and I do mean REALLY HAPPY if they announce Zack & Wiki 2.Cesar_Barba
HAHA! A new game would make me smile, but a sequel to Zack & Wiki would be the only way the would make me REALLY HAPPY also. Too bad it has to be related to the cash cow Resident Evil series. :(
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

[QUOTE="Cesar_Barba"]They would me me REALLY, and I do mean REALLY HAPPY if they announce Zack & Wiki 2.Arkk_Angel
HAHA! A new game would make me smile, but a sequel to Zack & Wiki would be the only way the would make me REALLY HAPPY also. Too bad it has to be related to the cash cow Resident Evil series. :(

We can always hope (Dream?) I haven't been keeping up with it, don't want to be disappointed, has it really been confirmed to do with RE at all?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the news on the front page. Wonder how much they can do for the game, I still have my Dreamcast copy.

fluffy_kins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 fluffy_kins
Member since 2006 • 2553 Posts

A remake I can deal with.

However, if it's a port, well... **** is gonna hit the fan :)

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#13 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
Yeah, the game got no advertisement and was never pushed by Capcom. They pushed the hell out of Umbrella Chronicles though.Sepewrath
Which actually is a great game also. If the suposed port or remake is actually good, I don't see any problem for they doing it. Okami was a great port, RE4WE was a great remake, so I don't see a problem with what they are trying as long as it is a quality job. I agree, Dead Rising was, by all the reviews, an awful choice to port, but then again, sales-wise, as any publisher, the time will tell if they did the correct move.
livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts

Well, Capcom obviously needs to do some intense marketing research if they think we like Chop Til You Drop From Boredom. Why don't they just do surveys and see what people thought of it instead of just going off of sales figures. Mega Man 9 did extremely well and was for the hardcore. Stick to what will be successful without recycling an old game. RE4 did well because it's was probably the best RE game to date and it wasn't so difficult to port and attach Wii controls onto. At this point I just want new ideas, not recycling through the basket of games to get income. I really hope they don't do another remake because then I would've lost all faith in Capcom. They better not announce a RE fighter either.

Avatar image for Shadowtails9000
Shadowtails9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#15 Shadowtails9000
Member since 2009 • 509 Posts
I am hoping capcom is meaning that they are going to give Resident Evil 5 to the Wii. Honestly; they should have done that from the beginning, since it worked so well for Resident Evil 4.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

Another port would be idiotic on their part, I don't think we need to worry about that. A Wii-make wouldn't be so bad if they really REMADE the game. Not just update the graphics and such, but take the story line and locations and create an entirely new game! I would buy it. A bad Wiimake with just updated visuals and a few new stuff would be just as idiotic as a port, so I don't think we should worry about that. Sadly, it's likely that what we have coming is simply an UC2, which again wouldn't be so bad but would not be as good as what they could give us. What they could, and should, give us is an exclusive cannon Resident Evil that returns to it's horror roots. The guys over at Capcom know we are starved for horror on Wii, and if they are smart they will take advantage of the shortage and give us a Resident Evil that will give us nightmares in our nightmares.

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
To be fair to Capcom they have released some good original titles on the Wii.
livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 livinitup01
Another port would be idiotic on their part, I don't think we need to worry about that. A Wii-make would be so bad if they really REMADE the game. Not just update the graphics and such, but take the story line and locations and create an entirely new game! I would buy it. A bad Wiimake with just updated visuals and a few new stuff would be just as idiotic as a port, so I don't think we should worry about that. Sadly, it's likely that what we have coming is simply an UC2, which wouldn't be so bad but would not as good as what they could give us. What they could, and should, give us is an exclusive cannon Resident Evil that returns to it's horror roots. The guys over at Capcom know we are starved for horror on Wii, and if they are smart they will take advantage of the shortage and give us a Resident Evil that will give us nightmares in our nightmares.Head_of_games
Nightmares in nightmare?!?!? Sounds pretty scary.
manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

If they announce a port of a 9 year old game (Code Veronica) then I'm going to be annoyed. Fans are crying out for a RE2 remake. They could easily do it using the camera system they had in the RE4 beta (static camera until you have to shoot, then its over-the-shoulder). That way you get the tension of the old games while making use of the pointer. Of course, Capcom won't do that because they seem to have a vendetta against logic. "Wii can't handle RE5, but it can definitely handle dead rising!" :roll:

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 livinitup01

Actually, after seeing Code Veronica on YouTube I wouldn't be mad if they remade it. It looks pretty epic and high quality for a Dreamcast game. It was on the Dreamcast and I didn't play it back in the day. Now that my Dreamcasts, yes more than one, are broken I want to see how it played. There are so many great games that were made back in the day that not many people played (Klonoa, Shenmue, Code Veronica) so I just wish they remade the AA/AAA titles that people missed out on. It's a pretty good side-story from what I saw with lots of action and suspense. If they did a new third-person adventure I'd be even happier. They'll announce something in 2 days and I really hope it isn't disappointing. If it is, oh well, on with my life.

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

Actually, after seeing Code Veronica on YouTube I wouldn't be mad if they remade it. It looks pretty epic and high quality for a Dreamcast game. It was on the Dreamcast and I didn't play it back in the day. Now that my Dreamcasts, yes more than one, are broken I want to see how it played. There are so many great games that were made back in the day that not many people played (Klonoa, Shenmue, Code Veronica) so I just wish they remade the AA/AAA titles that people missed out on. It's a pretty good side-story from what I saw with lots of action and suspense. If they did a new third-person adventure I'd be even happier. They'll announce something in 2 days and I really hope it isn't disappointing. If it is, oh well, on with my life.

livinitup01

Code Veronica is also on PS1 and even GameCube so you could pick it up tomorrow if you wanted :P

kakkarott23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 kakkarott23
Member since 2003 • 2134 Posts

I would buy every single Resident Evil game they remake with RE4 controls.I just can't play with those tank controls anymore. I could when I was younger but now it just annoys me.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

[QUOTE="Cesar_Barba"]They would me me REALLY, and I do mean REALLY HAPPY if they announce Zack & Wiki 2.Sepewrath

Actually Capcom said in a report that they were happy with Zack & Wiki's sales.

Anyway I trust them that the announcement is going to please Wii owners. Surely they don't think something like a port is going to make us "very happy"? My money's on an exclusive RE game since Umbrella Chronicles was really successful.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

I'm expecting a port or something lame.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
it wasn't for that i have lost most of my faith in capcom i am a little worried but i want to have high hopes
pmpmn11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pmpmn11
Member since 2003 • 121 Posts

I just hope its not an on-rails shooter. But if its a unique game not a port or rehash, i think they will do a good job on it. Here's to hoping they do the wii justice. And zack and wiki was one of the most underrated games this gen. is there any news on a new one coming out?

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 livinitup01

[QUOTE="livinitup01"]

manicfoot

Code Veronica is also on PS1 and even GameCube so you could pick it up tomorrow if you wanted :P

Oh... Well, you get my point. :P Maybe I'll try and find it someday.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#28 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Me too but it will never happen. :(

Anyway, if Capcom announces a Resdent Evil port, a Resident Evil remake or an on-rails game I will be upset.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sepewrath

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="Cesar_Barba"]They would me me REALLY, and I do mean REALLY HAPPY if they announce Zack & Wiki 2.Erebyssial

Anyway I trust them that the announcement is going to please Wii owners. Surely they don't think something like a port is going to make us "very happy"? My money's on an exclusive RE game since Umbrella Chronicles was really successful.

Your crazy if you don't think they would say a port would appease fans, while I would love to see a new game,but from what Capcom has done on the Wii so far, the smart money would be on some kind of port or half assed remake.
Arkk_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Arkk_Angel
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="Erebyssial"]

lol Zack and Wiki sold like 12 copies and Capcom bought 6 of them(exaggeration obviously) the sales were really poor, there will be no sequel to that game. Sepewrath

Your crazy if you don't think they would say a port would appease fans, while I would love to see a new game,but from what Capcom has done on the Wii so far, the smart money would be on some kind of port or half assed remake.

What if they remade Code Veronica AND made an exclusive sequel for the Wii!?....i'm dreaming...don't wake me.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="Erebyssial"]

Arkk_Angel

What if they remade Code Veronica AND made an exclusive sequel for the Wii!?....i'm dreaming...don't wake me.

I woke you. Mwuahahaha!!! Seriously though, it looks like it's going to be an Umbrella Chronicles sequel.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

[QUOTE="Cesar_Barba"]They would me me REALLY, and I do mean REALLY HAPPY if they announce Zack & Wiki 2.Pierst179

Me too but it will never happen. :(

We must have faith.

dese1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 dese1
Member since 2007 • 447 Posts

ign prety much hinted without saying an actual confirmation that its an on rails shooter like UC

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
I'm sorry but did you just say Wii-make? I want to strangle you right now.
gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gam3r3OOO
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts

All this news about Capcom about to make us "Wii owners very happy" is really setting up the company for major failure. Who isn't expecting BIG things because of this announcement? By big, I mean something new!! Will a port or a Wii-makereallymake "Wii owners very happ?" I sure as heck won't be happy if Capcom announces a Wii-make or worst yet a port.

How do you guys feel about it?

Arkk_Angel

Well it is a known fact. If you set your expectations too high you are bound to be disappointed. So my advise? Have low expectations. You'll get more enjoyment out of life. I think we all need to get used to playing old 8-bit games.

Capcom has a card up its sleeve, whether its an Ace or a Joker we won't know. Why didn't you make a poll to see if other people could guess what it might be (you know general things like: A>action game B>shooter C>adventure) And a follow up question could be: would it use Wii motion plus. Or would it be another spinoff: like Resident evil 5 for Wii. We can narrow down these possibilities so far that we cover all the ground possible. Cuz we sure as heck, hate to be surprised... ;-)

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts

I'm almost sure that is an Umbrella Chronicles sequel, but with RE2 and CV, and if we're lucky a new chapter, maybe between them or after them, but to be honest, i'm not to exciting about this game, then again, i hope that Capcom proves me that i'm wrong i deliver something new.

sicteliko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 sicteliko
Member since 2005 • 479 Posts
Okami is still one of the greatest Wii games, and one of the greatest games of all time (in my opinion...). A Wii exclusive sequel to that game would be awesome.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Ironically there already was a CV railshooter. In Japan.

Railshooters are a complete bastardization of the original games. The plot is condensed into a series of cheap one liners that seem to be competing with the original for "worst dialogue ever." The gameplay does nothing to showcase the slow pacing, sense of isolation, and dread in the original games. No, instead it's a ... well its a fast paced rail shooter.

Edit: I hope you all know its confirmed as a rail shooter.

r_gam3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 r_gam3
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts
UC2 confirmed, check IGN.
King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points