Can't find the 2013 club nintendo membership rewards?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrBorreli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MrBorreli
Member since 2013 • 96 Posts
I've been looking on the club.nintendo site and my points have reset back to 300 but I don't see anything about the gold or platinum membership awards. Am I missing something?
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Just not announced yet.
zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts
I'm sure it will be later today. Hope the platinum is good.
MrBorreli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MrBorreli
so when they do appear they should be announced on the club nintendo homepage? july 3 and still nothing haha...
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Shouldnt we receive an email?
MrBorreli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrBorreli
I read that somewhere but I havn't received anything, not even about the end of the club nintendo year. I just dont want to miss anything haha
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts
They're sure taking their sweet time, in releasing elite rewards. I hope they got something big in mind for this long wait.
MrBorreli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrBorreli
They're sure taking their sweet time, in releasing elite rewards. I hope they got something big in mind for this long wait.BigBen11111
For real, im hoping to see a good download game (=
Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

I just hope its better than the last 2 years where the best options were a set of buttons and a deck of cards.

I miss like the gold mario trophy case kind of things. Cards and buttons and posters to me are kind of lame for a year end platinum status award.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts
The statue along with the Mario cap were very nice gifts. The last few years (pins, posters, etc..,) were a bit under whelming. Even if the platinum gifts weren't that great, I'm sure many of us would forget about it IF the regular awards (we buy with coins) compared to what the JPN Club Nintendo receives.
MrBorreli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrBorreli
Almost a week after the supposed date they would be announced and still nothing... Better be pretty dern good haha
HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Please understand.

This year you get nothing.

Please understand.

I guess Nintendo has trouble simply showing us pictures of what they are going to give out. You would think after almost a week they would have said something or posted something about it instead of just leaving a coming soon link. 

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BigBen11111
I want a WiiU Gold Pro Controller after this long wait, or a Princess Zelda Statue.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rod90
I want a WiiU Gold Pro Controller after this long wait, or a Princess Zelda Statue.BigBen11111
Posters are on the way...! :P
chenzo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 chenzo22
Member since 2004 • 372 Posts
man will this finally be the week we get it??
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I really hope the reward is Pikmin related. That would really make it worth it for me

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rod90

I really hope the reward is Pikmin related. That would really make it worth it for me

Pikminmaniac
Maybe there are no rewards and everything was just a myth.
HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HowlingLotus

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Rod90

Please understand

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rod90

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

HowlingLotus

Please understand

Understand what?
MrBorreli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrBorreli
I'm starting to get worried now...
chenzo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chenzo22
ive started to get very annoyed by this awful wait.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 YoshiYogurt
[QUOTE="HowlingLotus"]

[QUOTE="Rod90"] Maybe there are no rewards and everything was just a myth.Rod90

Please understand

Understand what?

Woosh
chenzo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chenzo22
well what does everybody think about the new gifts? what does everyone want. is sakua samurai any good?
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

well what does everybody think about the new gifts? what does everyone want. is sakua samurai any good?chenzo22
Sakura Samurai is a great game.

I chose the Majora's Mask Soundtrack because I love that game and want the soundtrack so I can listen to it.

Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

Majora's Mask soundtrack, calendar, (who wants that?) and the posters are the only things you could not just buy from them anyways.  Soundtrack for me.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 zeroyaoi
Soundtrack is the clear choice.
halo2_4_pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 halo2_4_pc
Member since 2005 • 1561 Posts

Managed to get Gold status, trying to decide if Sakura Samurai is worth it or if I should just go for the calendar.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 YoshiYogurt
Soundtrack is the clear choice. zeroyaoi
I don't think it's the "clear choice" at all. I can listen to it anytime thanks to convenient youtube playlists and it's available in mp3 from a variety of sources. I might still get it for the nice CD, but the posters are nice too. Might put them in a game room or something later in life.
zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 zeroyaoi

[QUOTE="zeroyaoi"]Soundtrack is the clear choice. YoshiYogurt
I don't think it's the "clear choice" at all. I can listen to it anytime thanks to convenient youtube playlists and it's available in mp3 from a variety of sources. I might still get it for the nice CD, but the posters are nice too. Might put them in a game room or something later in life.

Wouldn't that hold true for the posters too? I can take a look at the poster's pictures on the internet any time I want. Meanwhile the cd would fit well with my video game soundtracks.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 YoshiYogurt

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="zeroyaoi"]Soundtrack is the clear choice. zeroyaoi

Wouldn't that hold true for the posters too? I can take a look at the poster's pictures on the internet any time I want. Meanwhile the cd would fit well with my video game soundtracks.

Not exactly. The posters are not available anywhere else and can actually be put on a wall. I have/can get the MM soundtrack anywhere. Once you put the CD on you ipod/computer/phone are you really going to use it in a CD player?(I collect CDs a little so this arguement is sort of trash.)
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Don't want the free games seeing as how I can get them anytime I want and are not really an exclusive item to Club Nintendo. Don't need the Majora's Mask soundtrack since I already got it before from Nintendo Power. Calendar might me ok, but I'd rather go with the posters. They seem more unique and would probably looked real nice framed. All in all, I think the results are lackluster and borderline pathetic honestly to me it seems like they just put a whole bunch of random stuff together by scrounging up whatever they could.
Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

This year is really bad isn't it?  At least last year I got some nice cards.  This year?  A soundtrack you can download, a bunch of games you can download, a calendar that nobody wants, and some posters that are not that special.  I guarantee they waited until the last minute to scrounge this prize up.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zeroyaoi

[QUOTE="zeroyaoi"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] I don't think it's the "clear choice" at all. I can listen to it anytime thanks to convenient youtube playlists and it's available in mp3 from a variety of sources. I might still get it for the nice CD, but the posters are nice too. Might put them in a game room or something later in life. YoshiYogurt

Not exactly. The posters are not available anywhere else and can actually be put on a wall. I have/can get the MM soundtrack anywhere. Once you put the CD on you ipod/computer/phone are you really going to use it in a CD player?(I collect CDs a little so this arguement is sort of trash.)

It's the same argument you used to diminish the point of getting the cd. I'm glad we agree on that. As someone who doesn't collect or care much for posters, theres little to no incentive in choosing that.

You see more value on the posters, I prefer the ost.  I think this conversation has run it's course.

btw here are the pictures of the posters. Not so hard to find.[spoiler]

poster_set_2013_elite_big_1.jpgposter_set_2013_elite_big_2.jpg

poster_set_2013_elite_big_3.jpg [/spoiler]

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HowlingLotus

Should have given us an option for extra coins towards this years status :P. 

Really dissapointed considering this was the first year I had signed up for Club Nintendo after all these years and hit 1000+ coins. 

Posters aren't any use because of my cat, might go for CD or calendar. :/

oninowon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 oninowon
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts

Managed to get Gold status, trying to decide if Sakura Samurai is worth it or if I should just go for the calendar.

halo2_4_pc
Go get Sakurai Samurai! I've heard it compared to Punch Out in that you have to time your hits to fell an enemy. You can't go in button smashing. You have to be patient and observe your opponent's move before striking. There are a variety of opponents, each with their own moves. The boss battles are very difficult. I've personally enjoyed the game and I was addicted to it for quite a while.
oninowon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 oninowon
well what does everybody think about the new gifts? what does everyone want. is sakua samurai any good?chenzo22
Personally, I'm very happy. I barely made it to Gold status and was worried I would be stuck with a calender but the free games opened up my options. I chose the Zelda game. It was on my list but my money always seemed to go towards other games.
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I went with the posters. 

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BigBen11111
I went and get the LoZ Majora's Mask Soundtrack, sense I never had 1 before. I'm gonna wait & see if I can get the posters on eBay or something. Unless someone around here would be nice enough to sell me them over paypal.
chenzo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chenzo22
i wonder if mr borreli "found" the gifts yet. lol what did he pick after all this wait?
MrBorreli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MrBorreli
i wonder if mr borreli "found" the gifts yet. lol what did he pick after all this wait?chenzo22
I only made it to gold this year and so I went with the Sakura game, really enjoying it so far. I do have to say though that as my first year as a club nintendo member, i'm not all that impressed... Seems like the prizes were just nice "extras" for taking the time to do online surveys and register your games. And also this was is my first thread that's ever been Hot! Woohoo!
oninowon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 oninowon
[QUOTE="MrBorreli"]I only made it to gold this year and so I went with the Sakura game, really enjoying it so far. I do have to say though that as my first year as a club nintendo member, i'm not all that impressed... Seems like the prizes were just nice "extras" for taking the time to do online surveys and register your games. And also this was is my first thread that's ever been Hot! Woohoo!

I wasn't impressed during my first year also. I made it to Gold status and waived my gift of a calender. However, the following year, I reached Platinum status (with a huge help from the Ambassador games) and got me a nifty clear plastic Mario playing card deck. This year, I barely made it to Gold again but was very happy Nintendo was offering download games. I got the Zelda game (was on my list to get but other games or real life always took precedence). Overall, I personally think club membership was worth it.