Can't connect to wifi on my 3DS with pokemon games!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrBorreli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MrBorreli
Member since 2013 • 96 Posts
So I want to use the GTS's in my pokemon games (HeartGold, Diamond, and Black) but whenever I try to connect to the GTS it says that my DS can't find any access point. Which is just ridiculous because I can get onto Safari, play with friends on AC, heck, it even tells me when my friends come online, but I can't trade globally on pokemon games. Please help! If it's something wrong with my router/modem (which I bet it is because I stink at operating those) could you give me step by step instructions? That would make it a lot easier for me to follow any help. Thanks a ton in advance for any help!
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

4th generation games only work with WEP router security, if you have WPA/WPA2 older games won't be able to connect to the internet (even if you're using a 3DS that works fine online).

5th generation games should work online on a 3DS, but I had to fiddle around with my internet settings and set it to a static IP address to get it to work for Black 2.

MrBorreli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MrBorreli

4th generation games only work with WEP router security, if you have WPA/WPA2 older games won't be able to connect to the internet (even if you're using a 3DS that works fine online).

5th generation games should work online on a 3DS, but I had to fiddle around with my internet settings and set it to a static IP address to get it to work for Black 2.

metroidfood
Is it possible my router has it but I need to do some toggling to get it to work?
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Did you set up your connections on your 3DS' DS mode?
MrBorreli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MrBorreli
How do I do that?
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I think in the main menu of the Pokemon games it will give you an option to set up your wireless connections I'll check in a bit

-edit-

It's in the 3DS System Settings. Once you're in them go: Internet settings -> Nintendo DS Settings -> Press OK 

Then you'll be on the DS settings, so just set up your connection there.

MrBorreli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MrBorreli

I think in the main menu of the Pokemon games it will give you an option to set up your wireless connections I'll check in a bit

-edit-

It's in the 3DS System Settings. Once you're in them go: Internet settings -> Nintendo DS Settings -> Press OK 

Then you'll be on the DS settings, so just set up your connection there.

Kaze_no_Mirai
Thanks for the quick reply! I tried your advice but I got a message saying that the access point's security is not supported by my DS. I have no idea what that means so i'm going to look it up on nintendo's support site but i'm not so sure they'll be very helpful...
MrBorreli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrBorreli
Alright so I actually found some good information! But I followed the instructions on the support website until it told me to get to this page --> http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/routers/Netgear/all.jsp But I have no idea what I need to do next... help haha!
MrBorreli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrBorreli
bump
MrBorreli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points