cant buy anything?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zaef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zaef
Member since 2006 • 272 Posts
i went to frys electronics today and went in thinking i was gonna get a game or 2. well when i got to the area of the games, all i could do is look at them. i was probably wondering around the area for a good half hour just staring at the games. for some reason i just cant buy games, even if i know its the best game for a system i just wont get it when im in the store. like phoenix wright, diddy kong, or elite beat agent, i know i will enjoy the hell out of them and play them all the time, but when i get to stores i am unable to purchase them.

bleh, i really hate that i cant buy things, i would like to buy stuff that i know i will enjoy but i just cant. anyways, guess i am just stuck with what i am unable to get.
Avatar image for psychojakrabbit
psychojakrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 psychojakrabbit
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
Why do you hold back if you know you'll like it? Life is short . Play.
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
     Erm, the inability to buy things is probably a sign that you either don't need them, or that you consciously have greater needs than video games at the moment.  Sit down and write all your needs and wants into two seperate columns, then rank them 1-10.  There will be only one number one, and there will probably be a few that arent numbered.  If you have a bigger want than video games, take care of that first, then when you're satisfied, go back to buying a video game.  Simple enough, don't you think?
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I've been tormenting myself by looking at but not buying games lately....I almost bought Lunar Knights yesterday, but I couldn't pull the trigger. All I've bought in the last few weeks has been Golden Sun for the GBA because I got it for 4.50 :)
mac906

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mac906
Member since 2005 • 22536 Posts
I've been tormenting myself by looking at but not buying games lately....I almost bought Lunar Knights yesterday, but I couldn't pull the trigger. All I've bought in the last few weeks has been Golden Sun for the GBA because I got it for 4.50 :)Staryoshi87
Lunar Knights is a very good game IMO, I would recommend it. Anyway, just don't think about it, grab a game and buy it. :P
Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]I've been tormenting myself by looking at but not buying games lately....I almost bought Lunar Knights yesterday, but I couldn't pull the trigger. All I've bought in the last few weeks has been Golden Sun for the GBA because I got it for 4.50 :)mac906
Lunar Knights is a very good game IMO, I would recommend it. Anyway, just don't think about it, grab a game and buy it. :P

It's not as easy when you're not old enough to get a job and you have to pay fot it. (14 I'm not under age posting)
Avatar image for psychojakrabbit
psychojakrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psychojakrabbit
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts

[QUOTE="mac906"][QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]I've been tormenting myself by looking at but not buying games lately....I almost bought Lunar Knights yesterday, but I couldn't pull the trigger. All I've bought in the last few weeks has been Golden Sun for the GBA because I got it for 4.50 :)nintendofreak_2

It's not as easy when you're not old enough to get a job and you have to pay fot it. (14 I'm not under age posting)

Stay in school as long as you can, you have it easier than you know. Enjoy your time there as long as you can.

_christoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 _christoph
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts

i kinda get the same problem as you. i am a student a i work hard to earn whatever money i can. once i save up enough money to buy something i want, i say no just keep saving to buy something better.

ex. say i want a xbox 360 i save up $500 then when i have enough money i say forget about the 360 if i get $500 more dollars i can get a  nice computer.

its weird but i guess it can be a good thing.

EDIT: above a person says its not easy to get a job a 14. well thats true im 15 and last summer when i was 14 i found out that telemarketing jobs will hire anyone as long as you can speak english. i was hired at a telemarketing place and got paid a few hundred. so i suggest look in your local newspaper or on a online job bank to find a telemarketing job. chances are if you can speak english they will hire you.

DSfanatic5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 DSfanatic5
Member since 2005 • 936 Posts

i went to frys electronics today and went in thinking i was gonna get a game or 2. well when i got to the area of the games, all i could do is look at them. i was probably wondering around the area for a good half hour just staring at the games. for some reason i just cant buy games, even if i know its the best game for a system i just wont get it when im in the store. like phoenix wright, diddy kong, or elite beat agent, i know i will enjoy the hell out of them and play them all the time, but when i get to stores i am unable to purchase them.

bleh, i really hate that i cant buy things, i would like to buy stuff that i know i will enjoy but i just cant. anyways, guess i am just stuck with what i am unable to get.
Zaef

I have the same problem with public restrooms.  I go in thinking I'm going to relieve myself, I pick the perfect stall, but when it comes down to business, I just can't do it.  I know it will make me feel better, but for some reason I just can't do it.  I guess I'm just stuck waiting until I can get back home, or the hotel, depending on whether or not I'm on vacation.

As for the games, you should just buy what you know you'll like.  If you seek the comfort of home, like I do with my toilet, then you could always order the games online.  That's what I would do.

v3n0m111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 v3n0m111
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts

Zaef

Does he scare anyone else?
Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
It goes to show that as you grow up, you start realizing that money doesn't grow on trees. You begin questioning the very notion of "purchase" and the consequences that would arise if you try fulfilling your desires. Maturity, my friend, is what you are undergoing at this very moment. You are starting to grasp the meaning of work and hard-earned cash. Spend it wisely is all I have to say. Questioning the validity of a purchase may also indicate a subconscious mind uneasy of something regarding money. Take care of that first before bluntly purchasing something out of the blue.
KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 KingKoop
Member since 2005 • 4268 Posts
Most times I've to pay £30 for a DS game, so I want to know it's gonna last me a good while (like MK DS/FFIII) but I do grudge sometimes shelling out full price on handhelds........... & I shouldn't I work full time
Jimmy_Frank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Jimmy_Frank
Member since 2006 • 262 Posts
buy it online. You dont have to fork up the cash physically since its electronic and it comes nicely packaged to you like a gift. But dont like it too much or else there goes your credit score when you miss the payment.