Call of Duty Black Ops WIi: Will it fail? Or not?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gashoe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1 gashoe13
Member since 2007 • 511 Posts

SO who thinks this will fail? Last times World at War was only awesome for the multiplayer. The controls were subpar compared to that of Metroid Prime 3's, and I don't know about the graphics. Though Activision claims they will blow us away with the graphics, where are the screenshots?

Seriously. I want to see the "revolutionary" wii graphics of Black Ops. Even so, I doubt it will be too good.

What do you guys think?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

it will porbably look as good as goldenye..

it will sell a million... just like reflex and world at war.

MuppetusG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MuppetusG
Member since 2008 • 232 Posts
I had so much fun with World at War, and Modern Warfare improved upon it, so I would be rather surprised if the series on the Wii took a backwards step.
Metal_Mario99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Metal_Mario99
Member since 2005 • 1426 Posts

I'm playing the Wii version of World At War right now, and I think it's really good. The graphics and the controls are both fine as far as I'm concerned.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#5 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Only if online is crap and, for some reason, doesn't have Wager Online and the killstreaks and maps. I doubt it though, I'm sure it'll be a good Wii game.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
It will be good, for sure. I'll be playing it on 360 though.
atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

if you ever enjoyedcod mw1&2 and still dothen you should enjoy cod bo. im not gettin cod black op gettin medal of honor on the ps3. ill just stick to cod waw for my cod fix! im not really hatin on cod i just had so many fond memorys of moh allied assault&frontlines that i want to support the underdog.

wes008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 wes008
Member since 2009 • 802 Posts

I own a Wii and a PC (and DSi). Guess which version of Black Ops I'm getting? Actually, that question could go either way, so I'll tell you. I'm pickin' up the Wii version. I'd be surprised if this one is a step back. Treyarch (not activision) says they will "blow us away." I think they will.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Hopefully the Wii version is comparable to the other versions. (graphics aside, obviously.)
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
if done right it wont fail the wii is perfect controls for fps games
King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
It's Treyarch... what do you think? CoD is ruined forever now that Infinity Ward is pretty much torn to pieces. I'll admit that WaW was kinda fun, multiplayer-wise, though not nearly as impressive as MW. I'll give Treyarch the benefit of a doubt for now. So prove me wrong, Treyarch.
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts
I'm sure it will be fine. The graphics will most likely be toned down a bit because well, it's on the Wii, and almost all third party games on Wii that are also on Xbox360 and PS3 have worse graphics. That doesn't matter to me though. I'm more concerned about gameplay and whether the online works well. I'm sure it will though.
Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

SO who thinks this will fail? Last times World at War was only awesome for the multiplayer. The controls were subpar compared to that of Metroid Prime 3's, and I don't know about the graphics. Though Activision claims they will blow us away with the graphics, where are the screenshots?

Seriously. I want to see the "revolutionary" wii graphics of Black Ops. Even so, I doubt it will be too good.

What do you guys think?

gashoe13

World at War was not the last CoD for the Wii. It was Modern Warfare Reflex and it was much better than World At War in both controls and visuals. I can't comment on Black Ops until at least a freakin screenshot or some footage. Goodness lol.

Avatar image for Valkyriareaper1
Valkyriareaper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Valkyriareaper1
Member since 2009 • 526 Posts

It will be good if you do not have a 360, PS3, or gaming PC. Though if you do own those consoles you probably will not get the Wii version unless you want to own 2 versions.

TheBatKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 TheBatKid
Member since 2010 • 91 Posts
I don't think it will do very well.
ProtoMan2478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ProtoMan2478
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I Dont Know.....If they have the best graphics and Good Plot Maybe
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

I had so much fun with World at War, and Modern Warfare improved upon it, so I would be rather surprised if the series on the Wii took a backwards step. MuppetusG

I agree with this completely. I think it will rock. But wtf man they need to stop being lazy and release some footage. Be proud of your game or don't make it all.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

[QUOTE="MuppetusG"]I had so much fun with World at War, and Modern Warfare improved upon it, so I would be rather surprised if the series on the Wii took a backwards step. Darth-Samus

I agree with this completely. I think it will rock. But wtf man they need to stop being lazy and release some footage. Be proud of your game or don't make it all.

i think they are proud, its activision PR the issue .I think they want to avoid last years blowout.When Activision released some alpha shots early and everyone went lolz ps2 graphics, then the final version came with good wii graphics and we all were like wtf why did you release the crappy shots(well i wasnt, i kept tabs on developers diaries from treyarch and they were like this doesnt reflects our game at all). Ima be honest, and my theory is that if they release a wii trailer, some casual HD owners could see it, confuse it and say omg it looks crappy and begin a negative word of mouth FOR THEIR console versions.I mean even if the wii version looks great, as a HD version, it would look underwhelming so i understand that fear. Thats why overall is rare to see footage of a wii game that shares engine with the HD version of a game. We got lucky to get the wii spiderman trailer, which looks nearly the same as the HD versions(if more games looked so close, people wouldnt think the gap is that huge).
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

[QUOTE="Darth-Samus"]

[QUOTE="MuppetusG"]I had so much fun with World at War, and Modern Warfare improved upon it, so I would be rather surprised if the series on the Wii took a backwards step. intro94

i think they are proud, its activision PR the issue .I think they want to avoid last years blowout.When Activision released some alpha shots early and everyone went lolz ps2 graphics, then the final version came with good wii graphics and we all were like wtf why did you release the crappy shots(well i wasnt, i kept tabs on developers diaries from treyarch and they were like this doesnt reflects our game at all). Ima be honest, and my theory is that if they release a wii trailer, some casual HD owners could see it, confuse it and say omg it looks crappy and begin a negative word of mouth FOR THEIR console versions.I mean even if the wii version looks great, as a HD version, it would look underwhelming so i understand that fear. Thats why overall is rare to see footage of a wii game that shares engine with the HD version of a game. We got lucky to get the wii spiderman trailer, which looks nearly the same as the HD versions(if more games looked so close, people wouldnt think the gap is that huge).

I actually totally agree with your theory. Though it's a sad one. People are so dumb. WHY!!!!!

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Can't tell, but I hope not.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

For it to be a success it needs to sell the most on it's platform, I don't see that happening

Wii owners have said time and time again that if they had a game like that this and it was released at the same time as "others" that enough people would buy the game to show publisher that it's worth going all out on Wii versions to release at the same time everything else does.

This is really the put up or shut up time for the audience, either this game sells the most or the argument "why don't we have a Wii version" isn't able to be used again for the life of the console

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

CoD on Wii is a joke. CoD itself is a joke.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

Your mom is a joke.

Metal_Mario99

you take videogames to seriously. you don't see me insulting your mom do u? i dont appreiciate that at all.

MuppetusG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MuppetusG
Member since 2008 • 232 Posts

painguy1
That must be while I smile all the time when I'm playing it!
Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jelley0
Member since 2009 • 1867 Posts

painguy1

The sooner people realize that the better

theG_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 theG_man
Member since 2009 • 210 Posts
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=135204 a bit of new info cod wii getting patchs, a headset and voice chat.
rcafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rcafan
Member since 2010 • 2025 Posts
call of duty games will not fail but pass on wii without a doubt how well as well as the others.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#29 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

It will be good if you do not have a 360, PS3, or gaming PC. Though if you do own those consoles you probably will not get the Wii version unless you want to own 2 versions.

Valkyriareaper1
Call me crazy but I'd rather get COD Black Ops on Wii than on the PC. Sure it's more expensive and online won't be as good but I really like shooters on the Wii.
Hoodstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hoodstock
Member since 2008 • 2050 Posts

People who hate success or FPS will always be negative on this franchise. It will do better than Reflex because that game was a rerelease of an older game.

Ops on Wii is being released with all the other versions just like WAW. This game will sell just fine.

(Feel free to check out the signature links)

Hoodstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Hoodstock
Member since 2008 • 2050 Posts

Confirmation of voicechat and a headset will also help this game sell on the Wii!

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=135204

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Treyarch is like 2 and 0 on the wii. So yeah, should be good.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
Well Call of Duty is a huge brand nowadays and all the other Wii versions have sold over a million copies plus Treyarch treat the Wii like it is a competent console when it comes to ports, so I have nothing but faith in Black Ops.
wes008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wes008

painguy1

I honestly can't wait to be playing this game and go back and read this. Yes, I definitely need to save this quote. I'd agree that MW2 is a joke but I think that people should remember that COD used to be a good series. Treyarch can save the series. Then we get MW3 :P. Just looking at the COD Wii joke, It sold a mil (mw1). It scored an 8.0 . Only 1 point less than the HD versions. It's can't be horrible, now can it?

wes008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wes008

Confirmation of voicechat and a headset will also help this game sell on the Wii!

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=135204

Hoodstock

AWWWWYYEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! Definitely a seller.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

For it to be a success it needs to sell the most on it's platform, I don't see that happening

Wii owners have said time and time again that if they had a game like that this and it was released at the same time as "others" that enough people would buy the game to show publisher that it's worth going all out on Wii versions to release at the same time everything else does.

This is really the put up or shut up time for the audience, either this game sells the most or the argument "why don't we have a Wii version" isn't able to be used again for the life of the console

Jaysonguy
Yeah it won't sell the most. I'd say PC 360 and PS3 versions will all outsell it. Interesting to see.
qzt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 qzt
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
It might not fail, but it has a chance. Wii sucks when it comes to FPS games (unless counting metroid prime). Just get a PC or Xbox/PS3 (preferably PS3).
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

. Wii sucks when it comes to FPS games qzt

welcome to gamestop :)

Metal_Mario99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Metal_Mario99

I don't think we're in a Gamestop.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
I think that it will be just as good as the previous CoD games for the Wii.
Metal_Mario99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Metal_Mario99

I went out and bought my own copy of World At War today, after trying it out from Gamefly.