Buy DS now or wait for DSi?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jharv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jharv
Member since 2007 • 1774 Posts
Been thinking of getting a DS for awhile now and now that news broke about the DSi I've been thinking of holding off until it's available in the states. What do you guys think?
MkwFan7767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 MkwFan7767
Member since 2008 • 456 Posts
Well I think you should get both because the DSi wont have a gba slot so you will not be able to play gba games or Guitar hero on tour.
UnamedThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UnamedThing
Member since 2008 • 1761 Posts
Well Nintendo said that they won't release the DSi in the US until the DS light sales calmed down a bit. So I would get one now. But it's totally not worth it to own both.
bogoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 bogoni
Member since 2006 • 74 Posts
I got a DS in 2006,so,I think i will get a DSi next year,right after it's launch..But I recomend you to buy a DS,and save some money to buy a DSi next year.
ptfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 ptfreak
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts
I don't think the DSi is worth waiting for. Buy a Lite now.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
I think you should wait, if you don't have the money to get both. Otherwise, you should get a used ds phat and wait for the dsi.
bogoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 bogoni
Member since 2006 • 74 Posts

I don't think the DSi is worth waiting for. Buy a Lite now.ptfreak

I don't think so,the DSi will be Multimedia,will have SD ports..I think both are good,but if you can wait a little,the DSi will be worth the wait. :)

Avatar image for nintendo4ever25
nintendo4ever25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 nintendo4ever25
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts

i wouldnt get one unless you are buying it for brain training or sight training, otherwise get the rival it is a whole lot better, maybe not as portable but betterpsp_bwoy

Hey buddy, what the heck are u talking about according to over 30 million people the DS lite/ DS is better. now according to sony fanboys like you that have to do anything to maintain an "okay" status, ( arond 20 million people) in the videogame world. @0 million PSP 30 million DS lite/ DS hmmmmmmmmmmmm............... this is a hard one. stop being a fanboy and think before you speak

SUPA_GLUSTEE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SUPA_GLUSTEE
Member since 2008 • 958 Posts
get a broken one and then get Dsi
lost_cheeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lost_cheeto
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
i think it depends how you plan to use the device. if for mostly playing games a regular ds lite would be better since you can play game boy advance games. the new ds is mostly a multimedia type thing and really is .25 of a larger screen going to matter. no not really.
MetaKnight50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 MetaKnight50
Member since 2008 • 3533 Posts
Depends, are you eager to buy a game at the moment?
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
DSi is not even as good, the battery life is way less. I would def. buy a Lite now.
htotheo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 htotheo
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts
I just bought a DS today and i personally think that the DSi is kind of pointless. The camera is jsut like one on a phone which doesnt get used often at all. I have an Mp3 player for music and have bought a fair few GBA games as well to stop me from really wanting a DSi. i say go for the DS lite because what do you really want a DS for? to play games? or play Mp3's and take photo's on a bad quality camera?
Toro_Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Toro_Nev
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

[QUOTE="ptfreak"]I don't think the DSi is worth waiting for. Buy a Lite now.bogoni

I don't think so,the DSi will be Multimedia,will have SD ports..I think both are good,but if you can wait a little,the DSi will be worth the wait. :)

Yea, I would rather wait.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34693 Posts
Depends on if you want the features of the DSi, and is willing to pay more to get those or not. Personally, I'd get the Lite.
eljitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 eljitto
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts
They say that the DS Lite price may drop to $90 and the DSi will be $150 in the US so maybe wait a bit and by a lite when the DSi comes out.I' buying a DSi cause i have a GBA and the 2 touchscreens and the fact new games may not come on the light make me want to get it. Plus there are downloadable games for the DSi.