Broken Sensor Bar

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

The thin wire attached to my sensor bar had snapped (I think our new pet rabbit nibbled on it).  Is this easy to fix?  Also, I'd probably rather just have a new one.  Are there any stores that sale the sensor bar by itself, and would it be hard to find?

BloodTorment1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BloodTorment1
Member since 2005 • 2580 Posts

The thin wire attached to my sensor bar had snapped (I think our new pet rabbit nibbled on it).  Is this easy to fix?  Also, I'd probably rather just have a new one.  Are there any stores that sale the sensor bar by itself, and would it be hard to find?

Tri-Enforcer

Gamestop has some. You can go to their online store and order one.

-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
Easiest thing to do, is go to www.nintendo.com and go to Online Store. Nintendo sells replacements parts for pretty much everything.  It will cost you $10.  Here is a link to it.
Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

Well, I'm trying to avoid shipping and handling costs and also the wait. It's late here so I just want to go to a store in the morning and just pick it up. (I gotta play my Wii, I just got Godfather and am getting further on TP.  I gotta make haste) Does anyone know if Gamestop usually have these readily available in the store, or any other store?
Psy236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Psy236
Member since 2006 • 973 Posts
Easiest thing to do, is go to www.nintendo.com and go to Online Store. Nintendo sells replacements parts for pretty much everything.  It will cost you $10.  Here is a link to it.-ZeRoHouR-
I thought a new sensor was like $20-$30. glad I know it's only $10, that's a lot better, I tend to screw around with golf balls (juggling) and I've hit my bar a couple times, I freaked each time cause I didn't wanna break it, but I don't have to worry (as much) cause now I know it's only $10. I'll still be careful cause I don't wanna have to wait
BloodTorment1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BloodTorment1
Member since 2005 • 2580 Posts

Well, I'm trying to avoid shipping and handling costs and also the wait. It's late here so I just want to go to a store in the morning and just pick it up. (I gotta play my Wii, I just got Godfather and am getting further on TP.  I gotta make haste) Does anyone know if Gamestop usually have these readily available in the store, or any other store?

Tri-Enforcer

It should be readily available

sneb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sneb84
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
i had the same problem except a cat chewed through my wire. i ordered a new one through Nintendo and it came in about a week. in the mean time if you want to repair it its not that difficult. just peel back some of the coating on the wire and you will see 2 wires inside with 2 strings. one wire looks copper colored while the other is red. each wire has a non-conductive coating on the outside so you have to burn that off with a lighter or a match. then you just twist the 2 wires together(red to red and copper to copper obviously). the hardest part is making sure that the 2 wires don't touch each other but you can fix this with some electrical tape.
hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts
If you don't care about candles being in front of your tv, just use them. They have to be positioned about the length of the sensor bar, but they work pretty good. Sometimes better than the sensor bar.
rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
If you don't want your pet to nibble on the wires, I suggest buying a wireless sensor bar.  The ones from NyKo actually work better than the ones Nintendo supplies, so it's definitely worth taking a look at.  They should have them avaiable at EB Games and Best Buy.
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

The thin wire attached to my sensor bar had snapped (I think our new pet rabbit nibbled on it).  Is this easy to fix?  Also, I'd probably rather just have a new one

.  Are there any stores that sale the sensor bar by itself, and would it be hard to find?

Tri-Enforcer

10 bucks on Nintendo's official Website.

TheJuggla17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -5

#12 TheJuggla17
Member since 2003 • 16307 Posts

Forget the Nintendo brand wired sensor bar. Spend the extra ten dollars and buy the Nyko wireless sensor bar. It is wireless and works much better then the Nintendo wired bar.

Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Toribor
Member since 2005 • 3255 Posts
just use 2 candles for now...ThaT-Masta
Agreed, it works suprisingly well. Even better than the normal sensor bar if you have a large TV. (I use candles when I use my projector)
Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
When my Wii sensor bar broke I ordered a new one from Nintendo's online store.