Brand new 3DS-Stiff controls?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chiilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Chiilo
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Hey everyone.

I just got a 3DS for my birthday. So far i've downloaded Super Mario Land 2 and purchased Super Mario 3D Land to get started. I'm enjoying it so far.

However...

Is it just me or are the control pad and buttons really stiff? Do I just need to break it in? I don't remember this level of discomfort on my DS Lite. My arm/hand is actually a little sore from pressing on the control pad so hard. I'm trying to go easy on it but this is kind of annoying me since I otherwise love it and the games are fun.

Just wanted to see if i'm imagining things or if there is something wrong with my 3DS. Granted it was years ago when I bought my DS Lite so maybe I just don't remember there being a "break in" period.

Thanks. :?

videog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 videog
Member since 2011 • 327 Posts

Hey everyone.

I just got a 3DS for my birthday. So far i've downloaded Super Mario Land 2 and purchased Super Mario 3D Land to get started. I'm enjoying it so far.

However...

Is it just me or are the control pad and buttons really stiff? Do I just need to break it in? I don't remember this level of discomfort on my DS Lite. My arm/hand is actually a little sore from pressing on the control pad so hard. I'm trying to go easy on it but this is kind of annoying me since I otherwise love it and the games are fun.

Just wanted to see if i'm imagining things or if there is something wrong with my 3DS. Granted it was years ago when I bought my DS Lite so maybe I just don't remember there being a "break in" period.

Thanks. :?

Chiilo

I didn't have that problem..... But i was probably to absorbed in my game when i first got my 3ds that i probably wouldn't of noticed if there was a problem.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
It is probably a case of having not broken in the buttons yet. I didn't find the buttons being particularly stiff, but they wont be quite as loose as those on a well played console. Perhaps you're just not used to it yet.
Wolfy321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Wolfy321
Member since 2010 • 52 Posts

Don't worry. You are going break them in, then it will feel fine.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
My D-pad still squeaks and is stiff. I can only imagine it will break in more since I use it for all DS games and VC.
LJChronx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJChronx
Member since 2003 • 954 Posts

It will break in. Dont worry.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

The control pad felt very stiff to me at first but it feels a lot better after playing lots of 2D games with it.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#8 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
The D-Pad was really stiff at first, but it broke in. So much in fact that now I'm concerned that it's so loose :P
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

DS Lite's somewhat squishy control pad and buttons compared to 3DS's might feel stiff at first, but you'll probably get use to it after you brake them in a bit. My controls felt a little stiff when I first got my 3DS, but after playing through a few games they're fine now.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#11 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

By control pad, I assume you mean the d-pad? If so, it's not you, the d-pad on the 3DS is just terrible. I haven't had issues with the face buttons though.

Slashkice
Yeah, I've had my 3DS since launch and my d-pad is still stiff. The buttons are just awful compared to the other DS systems. No idea what went wrong there, Nintendo.