Bored of Animal Crossing already.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hakumen21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hakumen21
Member since 2013 • 359 Posts

anyone else get bored of this yet?

for a game that seems to be able to be played long term, im already burned out after just a couple of days.

theres not much to do, yet so muych to unlock at the same time. 

edit: NEVERMIND, THIS GAME ISS TILL ADDICTING. i JUST WASN'T KEEPING IT DIVERSE, SUCH AS DEISGNING MY TOWN AS WELL AS INTERIOR DECORATING AS MUCH. :) STILL FUN. 

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Kind of bummed about certain bugs and fish only coming out during certain times of the year, but I have played at least an hour everyday since it came out. It is a nice game to relax with or to play just before bed. 

I can certainly see taking periodic breaks from it though down the road once my town has more things in it and my house is larger and more items in it. 

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

for a game that seems to be able to be played long term, im already burned out after just a couple of days.

Hakumen21
Sounds like you just don't understand it. You ARE meant to be playing long term but short term, only for short periods of time. Its not meant to be a game that you pick up and play for hours on end, then play it for hours again the next day. Rather you just pick it up every so often, see whats happening in town, do some various task and whatnot and then go back to it later.
Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts
Nope. Still having fun. I played Wild World continuously for six years.
RoniHot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RoniHot
Member since 2013 • 219 Posts
How long do you play it each day? That may be part of the problem. I usually play a couple hours a day, but I break it up. In the morning I shake trees, hit rocks, and check out the stores. Then later in the day I'll go to the island, catch fish, make money. And sometimes if I can't sleep I'll play at night. It's good to break it up a little if you plan on playing for more than an hour or so.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Nope. I don't change the time/days to time travel, instead I just play for an hour or so a day and pace myself with the game, and that way it stays fresh every day. This AC has more to build on than any previous entry in the series.

Hakumen21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hakumen21

How long do you play it each day? That may be part of the problem. I usually play a couple hours a day, but I break it up. In the morning I shake trees, hit rocks, and check out the stores. Then later in the day I'll go to the island, catch fish, make money. And sometimes if I can't sleep I'll play at night. It's good to break it up a little if you plan on playing for more than an hour or so.RoniHot
I play about 1 to 2 hrs a day, depending on how much free time I have, It's just kind of repetitive, seeing as the only way to make good money is farming beetles. Loans are expensive. I also think they could have added more minigames, such as water gun galleries like at a carniva, or something alike rather than just doing what we already know(shovels, bug catching are barely minigames on the Island.)

as for being mayor, i thought they would implement a way to pave our own roadways by now, instead of tediously mashing buttons to place Tiles. 

Hakumen21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hakumen21
[QUOTE="Hakumen21"]

simomate
Sounds like you just don't understand it. You ARE meant to be playing long term but short term, only for short periods of time. Its not meant to be a game that you pick up and play for hours on end, then play it for hours again the next day. Rather you just pick it up every so often, see whats happening in town, do some various task and whatnot and then go back to it later.

I guess I forgot this. this is my first Animal Crossing game. ill get used to it i suppose
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Nope. I don't change the time/days to time travel, instead I just play for an hour or so a day and pace myself with the game, and that way it stays fresh every day. This AC has more to build on than any previous entry in the series.

Bigboi500

This. I never liked the ideaof time travelling. I feel that the game is best experienced without it. I guess if you're in a hurry to get the game over with, travelling might be ok.  

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Not yet, of course I'm not as addicted as I was in the first week. 

RoniHot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RoniHot
Member since 2013 • 219 Posts
Fishing is a good way to make money, too. Sharks are worth a butt-ton of money. I made like 7,000 bells fishing in the river, and that wasn't even a full pocket's worth. There's also fruit- grow some trees! You can take fruit while you're on a tour island with Tortimer.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#12 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

No way. The game keeps getting better with each passing day! :D

Tomorrow I will finally get to build my lighthouse!

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

Pierst179
You have a lighthouse! :o
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pierst179

[QUOTE="Pierst179"]

alexh_99

You have a lighthouse! :o

I will have one soon.

A villager suggested one to me a few days ago, but I wanted to build it right beside my house, which is by a cliff. However, an animal decided to move there a week or so ago. So I have been waiting for her to move so I can start the construction, and tomorrow it will be the big day!

Biigboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Biigboss
Member since 2009 • 218 Posts

Yeah, kinda. Wish there was a bit more to do, and because of my work schedule, when I get the chance to play its after midnight.

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

[QUOTE="alexh_99"][QUOTE="Pierst179"] You have a lighthouse! :oPierst179

I will have one soon.

A villager suggested one to me a few days ago, but I wanted to build it right beside my house, which is by a cliff. However, an animal decided to move there a week or so ago. So I have been waiting for her to move so I can start the construction, and tomorrow it will be the big day!

Lawl thats funny. I was going to get New Leaf, but I think I'm going to wait until March. The reason being is that I am 1) Currently addictive to Skyrim (2 years late, I know.) 2) By the time I get bored of Skyrim, games like Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Watch Dogs and more will be out and I'll have no money to get Animal Crossing Lol 3) I'll probably be able to afford it during the christmas holidays BUT, I'd rather begin during spring then winter. The wait will be painful, but I'll manage some-how :D

Yeah, kinda. Wish there was a bit more to do, and because of my work schedule, when I get the chance to play its after midnight.

Biigboss

Not that I'm adovocating you should being playing video games after midnight but.... :oops:

Maybe you should set your time 12 or more hours back? That way when you play it would be 8am-12pm. You could leave it like that and just play at night time.
Ignitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ignitus
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I'm addicted to it. :O
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I'm not bored yet but I do play less now that I have all the rooms in my house. All I do now is water the flowers, dig fossils and hope I get cool furniture at the store (still don't have a tv :P).

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pierst179

Lawl thats funny. I was going to get New Leaf, but I think I'm going to wait until March. The reason being is that I am 1) Currently addictive to Skyrim (2 years late, I know.) 2) By the time I get bored of Skyrim, games like Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Watch Dogs and more will be out and I'll have no money to get Animal Crossing Lol 3) I'll probably be able to afford it during the christmas holidays BUT, I'd rather begin during spring then winter. The wait will be painful, but I'll manage some-how :D

simomate

Yeah, that's a lot of games to play. Spring is a good time to start the game, not as good as Summer since that's when most bugs and fish are out there, but it is still a very busy part of the year on the Animal Crossing universe.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Just play 30-45 minutes a day.
DCISilver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DCISilver1
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I can only plays so long because of the time differences in other countries but a warning there is Vandals about on Club Tortimor well spelling not great lol
CrillanK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 CrillanK
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

Biigboss
You can set the city ordinance to Night Owl so the stores are open 3 hours later. I have this and it's been great!