This topic is locked from further discussion.

samuel20005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 samuel20005
Member since 2005 • 312 Posts
when is it coming out? ive been waiting to buy one and that's the only colori want
flowingluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 flowingluc
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts
uhh, i dont think there will be cuz the wii is selling like crazy already the way it is, and they cant seem to keep on shelves. So look forward to a black wii in 2009.
flowingluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 flowingluc
uhh, i dont think there will be cuz the wii is selling like crazy already the way it is, and they cant seem to keep on shelves. So look forward to a black wii in 2009.
Avatar image for bob_the_can_man
bob_the_can_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 bob_the_can_man
Member since 2007 • 605 Posts

uhh, i dont think there will be cuz the wii is selling like crazy already the way it is, and they cant seem to keep on shelves. So look forward to a black wii in 2009.flowingluc

Avatar image for bob_the_can_man
bob_the_can_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bob_the_can_man
Member since 2007 • 605 Posts

uhh, i dont think there will be cuz the wii is selling like crazy already the way it is, and they cant seem to keep on shelves. So look forward to a black wii in 2009.flowingluc

flowingluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 flowingluc
no i think its gunna be 2009 ok.
Lamilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lamilia
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
actually I heard they are going to once they get the console shortage controlled which they think is going to be late 2007 so if you are lucky you could see a black wii out in time for christmas...if they get the whole shortage thing under control.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
You're all wrong because Nintendo hasn't announced anything. For all we know there may never be a black Wii.
nathanlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 nathanlol
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts
Rocky just said it all.
ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
I keep hearing rumors about other color wiimotes coming out soon but im not sure.
black_steel_4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 black_steel_4u
Member since 2006 • 904 Posts

the only reson your not buying a wii because its not black. dont talk to me

go buy a wii right now!!!!!

MarioMainic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 MarioMainic
Member since 2006 • 10237 Posts
I think it's this year or early 2008 .
Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts
There's always DecalGirl...but i don't think wii'll see multicolored wiis for a while...
Lamilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lamilia

the only reson your not buying a wii because its not black. dont talk to me

go buy a wii right now!!!!!

black_steel_4u

why does everything gots to be black with you? j/k go to decagirl.com and you can get new shells black,gold all kinds. If you don't want to void warranties get the decals I have some and they are nice.

dieasgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dieasgrey
Member since 2005 • 676 Posts
I just heard from an official Nintendo source: " The black wii.......(get ready!!!!!!!!!!!) ....is the exact same thing as the white wii!!"
meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

Just buy a wii wait till the warranty expires and switch the case. You also got decals you can put it on to make it another color.

The people refusing to buy a wii just because it isn't a different color have an issue they need addressed.

wiiwillstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wiiwillstand
Member since 2007 • 2781 Posts
Honestly, I don't care, because I have a perfectly good Nintendo Wii already.
GibsonGuy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 GibsonGuy1
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts
seems to me like a different colored PS2 came out w/ the PS3, but there are/were diff. colored GC's so we could see some new Wii colors might show up at least spring next year, maybe a bit earlier.
GibsonGuy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GibsonGuy1
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts
Honestly, I don't care, because I have a perfectly good Nintendo Wii already.wiiwillstand
BadSushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#20 BadSushi
Member since 2005 • 959 Posts
I'm pretty sure that they announced after the Wii came out that they were not going to release new colors, at least not yet, I did see a website that could color a Wii or anyother system for a certain fee. The most popular when I saw it was a gold wii with a gold wii-mote. It was a tad expensive, like 70 bucks, but they are supposed to be extremely reliable. If I find the site I'll post it.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

[QUOTE="flowingluc"]uhh, i dont think there will be cuz the wii is selling like crazy already the way it is, and they cant seem to keep on shelves. So look forward to a black wii in 2009.bob_the_can_man

probably more like 2008.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
I just heard from an official Nintendo source: " The black wii.......(get ready!!!!!!!!!!!) ....is the exact same thing as the white wii!!" dieasgrey
i heard its wiimote is bigger LMFAO
Lamilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lamilia

[QUOTE="dieasgrey"]I just heard from an official Nintendo source: " The black wii.......(get ready!!!!!!!!!!!) ....is the exact same thing as the white wii!!" Wild_Card
i heard its wiimote is bigger LMFAO

ugh I say why does every gotta be black with you and now everyone is thinking like me.

Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
New colours and designs come out in commerartion of new AAA game like the greenHalo 3 Xbox 360 or the Pokemon yellow ds lite so there maybe a new colour say, Mario red to come out with Mario kart Wii or (wishful thinking) a black one for the release of Manhunt 2.
DeadlyZodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DeadlyZodiac
Member since 2007 • 1367 Posts
Anyone who knows Nintendo knows that eventually the Wii will be released in every flavor of the rainbow and possibly invent an entirely new color to release it in along the way. They'll call it Wiirple or Smlorange or some such.
link_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 link_1000
Member since 2006 • 807 Posts

Anyone who knows Nintendo knows that eventually the Wii will be released in every flavor of the rainbow and possibly invent an entirely new color to release it in along the way. They'll call it Wiirple or Smlorange or some such.DeadlyZodiac
lol

I do hope the black wii will come out this holiday season (there's a good chance of a new color coming out this holiday I think) so if that does happen I will get that one, if not the white will do. I just want to make sure I get one by Christmas time, so it's debatable whether to try to wait for black or just be safe and get the white early...

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

I'm pretty sure that they announced after the Wii came out that they were not going to release new colors, at least not yet, I did see a website that could color a Wii or anyother system for a certain fee. The most popular when I saw it was a gold wii with a gold wii-mote. It was a tad expensive, like 70 bucks, but they are supposed to be extremely reliable. If I find the site I'll post it.BadSushi
Wow, $70 is not bad for the type of work when you consider the time and dedication it takes to take a Wii apart. I know this because I painted mine my self

Yellow Wii and Gamecube

There is more work to be done as you can see.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
I'm surprised that we didn't hear anything about new colors at E3. Not even black :o
kafuffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 kafuffle
Member since 2003 • 86 Posts

If you really, really want a black Wii, there are case-mods available on the internet. (Some of them suck and are just latex stickers you put on every side.) There are some that are an entirely new Wii case (installation not for the technically-faint-of-heart) they come in different colors (like black!), I even saw a chrome one that was pretty sexy.

But then there is the problem of the periferals not matching ; ;

Lamilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lamilia

If you really, really want a black Wii, there are case-mods available on the internet. (Some of them suck and are just latex stickers you put on every side.) There are some that are an entirely new Wii case (installation not for the technically-faint-of-heart) they come in different colors (like black!), I even saw a chrome one that was pretty sexy.

But then there is the problem of the periferals not matching ; ;

kafuffle

I already told him that... www.decalgirl.com

[QUOTE="BadSushi"]I'm pretty sure that they announced after the Wii came out that they were not going to release new colors, at least not yet, I did see a website that could color a Wii or anyother system for a certain fee. The most popular when I saw it was a gold wii with a gold wii-mote. It was a tad expensive, like 70 bucks, but they are supposed to be extremely reliable. If I find the site I'll post it.Cesar_Barba

Wow, $70 is not bad for the type of work when you consider the time and dedication it takes to take a Wii apart. I know this because I painted mine my self

Yellow Wii and Gamecube

whats with the wii color? It's kinda ugly to me but I guess its your wii and if thats what you like...

kwiiboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kwiiboy
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts
Here's a black Wii copy and paste this link: http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,5294.htm
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

[QUOTE="Cesar_Barba"]

[QUOTE="BadSushi"]I'm pretty sure that they announced after the Wii came out that they were not going to release new colors, at least not yet, I did see a website that could color a Wii or anyother system for a certain fee. The most popular when I saw it was a gold wii with a gold wii-mote. It was a tad expensive, like 70 bucks, but they are supposed to be extremely reliable. If I find the site I'll post it.Lamilia

Yellow Wii and Gamecube

whats with the wii color? It's kinda ugly to me but I guess its your wii and if thats what you like...

No, no, you're right about the color. I had been debating over either painting it again or just leaving it as it is. The color did not turn out as good as the paint looks, I thinned it out too much to get the glossy look, and it got way too dark. You just cleared it out for me. It's time to dismantle the whole thing again and take it back to the shop.

One question though, do you think the Gamecube yellow is a good color. The Wii was painted with paint we used for the Play Station Network computers, while the Gamecube was painted with Google Yellow.

Lamilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lamilia

[QUOTE="Lamilia"]

[QUOTE="Cesar_Barba"]

[QUOTE="BadSushi"]I'm pretty sure that they announced after the Wii came out that they were not going to release new colors, at least not yet, I did see a website that could color a Wii or anyother system for a certain fee. The most popular when I saw it was a gold wii with a gold wii-mote. It was a tad expensive, like 70 bucks, but they are supposed to be extremely reliable. If I find the site I'll post it.Cesar_Barba

Yellow Wii and Gamecube

No, no, you're right about the color. I had been debating over either painting it again or just leaving it as it is. The color did not turn out as good as the paint looks, I thinned it out too much to get the glossy look, and it got way too dark. You just cleared it out for me. It's time to dismantle the whole thing again and take it back to the shop.

One question though, do you think the Gamecube yellow is a good color. The Wii was painted with paint we used for the Play Station Network computers, while the Gamecube was painted with Google Yellow.

the gamecube looks green to me...I like the gamecube its a nice color. I'm sure if you would've tweaked with the wii color a bit you could've gotten a gold sort of look.

MAGIC_GUMBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MAGIC_GUMBALL
Member since 2007 • 206 Posts

i like the wii golden.

darkchaostitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 darkchaostitan
Member since 2006 • 621 Posts

If you want to change the apperance of the Wii make it solid black, custom art, wtevr. Just buy a case mod or a skin. 3rd parties will provide what nitendo won't. Waiting for or wanting a release of a different color wii is pointless.

Stuffed_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Stuffed_Monkey
Member since 2007 • 1436 Posts
I never heard about a black Wii, so I doubt it will be comming anytime soon. Maybe 2008-2009. If they Wii's are selling so well the way they are they shouldn't make a new color until the demands drop. Then if they release the black Wii demands will go back up, and they will make more money.
Sup11722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sup11722
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts
tommrow
Kwiksilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Kwiksilva
Member since 2004 • 467 Posts
you can send your wii in to a specific company that can modify your wii to another color if you dont like the color it is now or you can order a kit to change its coloor if you want it in black that bad
DarkStar_109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DarkStar_109
Member since 2005 • 928 Posts

[QUOTE="flowingluc"]uhh, i dont think there will be cuz the wii is selling like crazy already the way it is, and they cant seem to keep on shelves. So look forward to a black wii in 2009.bob_the_can_man

yup 08'
Gearhead95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gearhead95
Member since 2007 • 485 Posts
I think it is kind of pointless to get a black wii it is the same with the 360 elite they are both the same thing and it is 100$ more
ryan_mirow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ryan_mirow
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts
They'll probably change the color once sales start to drop. So basically IN TWO-THOUSAND-FOURTEEN!!!! Ugh...
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#43 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
christmas 2008 on a sunday.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#44 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Yes. It's a shame. Ever since the DS came around Nintendo just hasn't been as colorful as they use to be.
Felkin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Felkin_
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts

I'd been hoping a black Wii would be released before Christmas; the fat guy with the beard is bringing me a Wii at the end of the year (now that Wiis' are actually available in the local shops, not just on eBay for £300+), and I wanted it to be the same colour as my TV. But I'm not waiting any longer for a Wi, even if it is white (a colour I associate with Apple products).

All well. Decalgirl dot com it is, then. Now all I have to do is chose a favourite. After a quick look through the website, I've managed to narrow it down to... fifty. :?

This may take a while. *goes back to decalgirl*