Black Sigil Trailer *Apparent Final Build* A 2D game inspired by Chrono Trigger!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

Ive been looking foward to this game for 4 years... and its almost here!

Accourding to one of the developers, the games on slate for a December release...

Heres the trailer. Its like the last few but it has tons of new footage as well.

Black Sigil- Blade of the Exiled Trailer

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
I saw clips of that game a long time ago. I too am waiting for it.
red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts

looks like a modern day chronoT

what do you like about it? i saw the trailer and the highlights, but is there something you specifically enjoy about it. four years is a terribly long time. im just a sucker for rpg's and i definitely dont wanna miss out on any epic titles on my favorite handheld!

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Oath

what do you like about it? i saw the trailer and the highlights, but is there something you specifically enjoy about it. four years is a terribly long time.

red_sovereign

The story. Lol, remember those? Been a while since I played a game with an excellent story. The 2D Snes influenced graphics as well. My Snes holds the best gaming experience and this game looks like it'll be a extremely awesome trip down memory lane.

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 red_sovereign
[QUOTE="red_sovereign"]

what do you like about it? i saw the trailer and the highlights, but is there something you specifically enjoy about it. four years is a terribly long time. im just a sucker for rpg's and i definitely dont wanna miss out on any epic titles on my favorite handheld!

-Oath

The story. Lol, remember those? Been a while since I played a game with an excellent story. The 2D Snes influenced graphics as well. My Snes holds the best gaming experience and this game looks like it'll be a extremely awesome trip down memory lane.

so the story is the selling point. how does the combat fair? mediocre? i saw the trailer talking about customization and such , which is a huge point for me. but combat is where the addiction comes from...

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
They better not delay this one again:evil:
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Oath
[QUOTE="-Oath"][QUOTE="red_sovereign"]

red_sovereign

so the story is the selling point. how does the combat fair? mediocre? i saw the trailer talking about customization and such , which is a huge point for me. but combat is where the addiction comes from...

The combat also looks amazing, love the improved Chrono Trigger-like battle system (move around field more, around 50+ spells for each character. Single, and pair spells). Also from what the developers say, there will be many puzzles and exploration aspects in the game.... that alone assured my purchase of the game.

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 red_sovereign
[QUOTE="red_sovereign"][QUOTE="-Oath"][QUOTE="red_sovereign"]

-Oath

The combat also looks amazing, love the improved Chrono Trigger-like battle system (move around field more, around 50+ spells for each character. Single, and pair spells). Also from what the developers say, there will be many puzzles and exploration aspects in the game.... that alone assured my purchase of the game.

well you have successfully put a game i had 'no' idea of on my radar. cool points to you dude!!

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Oath
[QUOTE="-Oath"][QUOTE="red_sovereign"][QUOTE="-Oath"][QUOTE="red_sovereign"]

red_sovereign

well you have successfully put a game i had 'no' idea of on my radar. cool points to you dude!!

Thank you, thank you. I do my best ;)

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

They better not delay this one again:evil:TAKE_IT_BACK

I fear that this game has been delayed too much for its own good....

weltall1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 weltall1028
Member since 2007 • 4775 Posts

Accourding to one of the developers, the games on slate for a December release...

-Oath

I've been waiting a while for this game too...glad it's finally going to get released.:D

dr_doongy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dr_doongy
Member since 2008 • 625 Posts

a december release!? this game keeps getting pushed back.. i thought black sigil was coming out in october

anyone check out the other graffiti game mazes of fate?

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -Oath

a december release!? this game keeps getting pushed back.. i thought black sigil was coming out in october

anyone check out the other graffiti game mazes of fate?

dr_doongy

Yeah, these delays are pissing me off as well, but the developers e-mail said that the date is around Christmas... so yeah..

[QUOTE="-Oath"]

weltall1028

I've been waiting a while for this game too...glad it's finally going to get released.:D

Ditto. I dont think Ive ever hyped a game as much as I have Black Sigil, ever.

cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 cfamgcn
Member since 2004 • 5587 Posts
The first thing I thought was how it reminds me of Chrono Trigger. Hope it turns out good =O ~ de arimasu
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

I can't believe I made a thread of upcoming DS games and I ignored the existence of this one. Looking AWESOME. Agreed with everyone, has a Chrono Trigger Aura around it - what can only be good! -

I got incredible excited with this game! As a both RPG and old-school lover, this game seems like the paradise for me!

I hope it comes out soon.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Oath
Bump, for the ppl who MUST know about this game... (Looks at Chrono fans)
MetaKnight50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 MetaKnight50
Member since 2008 • 3533 Posts

I never played Chrono Trigger before. The game looks good too. Does this game consist of monsters? If not, this will be my first rpg without monsters as your allys.

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

I never played Chrono Trigger before. The game looks good too. Does this game consist of monsters? If not, this will be my first rpg without monsters as your allys.

MetaKnight50

ive played Chrono Trigger before(best favorite RPG for me) but this(black sigil) game just doesnt seem to catch my interest.

just saying my opinion btw....

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Oath
[QUOTE="MetaKnight50"]

Arclight_Blue

ive played Chrono Trigger before(best favorite RPG for me) but this(black sigil) game just doesnt seem to catch my interest.

Awww, why are most Chrono Trigger fans ignoring this game? :(

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
[QUOTE="Arclight_Blue"][QUOTE="MetaKnight50"]

-Oath

I can't understand that, neither. I've been dreaming with a game like this since I finished Chrono Trigger (and Breath of Fire II, and Super Mario RPG, and FFVI)

3D RPGs? They can't match this.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
[QUOTE="-Oath"]

IronBass

I can't understand that, neither. I've been dreaming with a game like this since I finished Chrono Trigger (and Breath of Fire II, and Super Mario RPG, and FFVI)

3D RPGs? They can't match this.

It has a lot to do with how old the games in question are. SNES RPG's are now 12-18 years old, meaning that the majority of the audience have played modern RPG's and have grown accustomed to the changes of the genre. Even CT, which is still argued as the most progressive 2D RPG to date, had quirks that have since been corrected and hammered out of genre convention. Square has twice added onto the original game to further complete the vision, and even this may not be the pinnacle.

For most of the people buying CTDS, the feeling of retro comes not from the experience, but the memories they had while playing old-school RPG's. This is why fans of Chrono Trigger are not hopping the bandwagon of other retro RPG's. They have no ascertainable memories to draw them back into the fray.

The question becomes "How do we convince Chrono Trigger fans to show interest in this game?" The answer to that is "Show them a better product after they tire of the older game." How to do that? Buy purchasing enough to cause a second print, lest bring on the Disgaea wrath of overinflation due to lack of sales.

Corvidae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Corvidae
Member since 2003 • 4357 Posts
It looks like a high-end NES game. You have to wonder why it's taken 4+ years to develop...
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Oath

It looks like a high-end NES game. You have to wonder why it's taken 4+ years to develop...Corvidae

2 years thinking up and creating the GBA version, then 2 years converting the game to DS and improving it.