Black Ops II WII U Voice Chat Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bretthorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 bretthorror
Member since 2006 • 1387 Posts

Has anyone played any online games or done any chats? How is the voice chat over the Wii U gamepad? Would I need a headset for COD? I bought the Pro Controller but might return it if the Gamepad suffices.

jimmylee7706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jimmylee7706
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Some guys on the IGN boards were just saying that regular headphones plugged into the Gamepad lets you use the Gamepad mic and its working pretty good. No need for a headset to play COD just need a set of headphones.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Yea saw some poeple on miiverse said just used regular hands free headset
bretthorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bretthorror

So will a handsfree bluetooth headset work? Or does the Gamepad pick up the mic sound and your regular headphones plugged into a gamepad hear others?

It's really important to me but I haven't read/seen anything giving me an answer besides what you guys have said. Normally I research this stuff, but when Zombiu reviews were weak, I decided on Black Ops II instead. But if there's no voice chat in the game... I don't want it! I'm hoping, though.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AutoPilotOn
I donno if Bluetooth works or not. I think it needs to plug into game pad at least
bretthorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bretthorror

I thought for sure bluetooth wouldn't work. Does it need to be a headphone jack mic or just normal headphones, do you know? Any links to these IGN discussions?

Thanks guys.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts
The gamepad's mic doesn't work with games. People mistaken this because their headphones consists of a mic. So not all headphones are capable which is a bit disappointing but at least it debunks the official statement about spending alot of money on a headset just to have voicechat. These simple headphones with mics can cost as low as $5 and they work decent enough.
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

How is COD BLOPS2 on the Wii U? Is it good? Prompt matchmaking in the lobby?

bretthorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bretthorror

I've played Black Ops for about an hour and a half up until about midnight last night and never had any issues with lag, finding a game or anything like that. The only thing is I never heard one person using a mic to speak.

zyphyr2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zyphyr2k12
Member since 2012 • 277 Posts

I don't think you miss much with people not talking. From my experience in CoD, it seems like people only talk when they want to say something negative. I bet if you get people in a party though it would be awesome.

Still finding this confusing. Let's say you have a pair of Turtle Beaches, can you plug them into the gamepad and actually get them to work?

jimmylee7706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jimmylee7706
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I really like it, no problems finding matches and I was able to play on the gamepad while watching Sons of Anarchy on Tv...couldn't ask for me
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Voice chat only works if you have a headset with a microphone, you can't just plug in headphones and use the GamePad mic ... which is really weird to me.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AutoPilotOn
I know while I played I could hear myself echo talking from gamepad mic. That doesn't transmit into the game?