Best year in gaming?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

newhottness23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 newhottness23
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts
I want to hear this from all of you. do you think this will be the best year in gaming.
kneppi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kneppi88
Member since 2007 • 1303 Posts
In terms of nintendo, most definitely. With MP3, SSB Brawl, Mario Galaxy, and many more, I'd say there is no question that this year will be one of the best.
JLAudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 JLAudio7
Member since 2007 • 2729 Posts

for nintendo: yes

Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
This year for Nintendo, last year for 360, next year who knows O.o.
kneppi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kneppi88
In terms of Microsoft and Sony, with halo 3 and MGS 4, from the looks of it, it'll be sweet for them, too.I'm more of a nintendo fan but that doesn't stop me from keeping track of its competitors.
newhottness23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 newhottness23
There are a lot of sequels to big games this year and some original titles that might be just as good(Zack and Wiki).
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EndlessPunisher
In terms of Microsoft and Sony, with halo 3 and MGS 4, from the looks of it, it'll be sweet for them, too.I'm more of a nintendo fan but that doesn't stop me from keeping track of its competitors.kneppi88
Yeah well im pretty Hyped about Halo 3, not so much for MGS4.. I mean MGS4 looks cool and all but why is its frame rate so bad? Isnt MGS4 coming out for the 360 as well? That would make the 360 more of a competitor then the PS3. Dunno why people say Sequels are killing the systems... it seems to get the most hype.
kneppi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kneppi88

[QUOTE="kneppi88"]In terms of Microsoft and Sony, with halo 3 and MGS 4, from the looks of it, it'll be sweet for them, too.I'm more of a nintendo fan but that doesn't stop me from keeping track of its competitors.EndlessPunisher
Yeah well im pretty Hyped about Halo 3, not so much for MGS4.. I mean MGS4 looks cool and all but why is its frame rate so bad? Isnt MGS4 coming out for the 360 as well? That would make the 360 more of a competitor then the PS3. Dunno why people say Sequels are killing the systems... it seems to get the most hype.

Yeah, but for nintendo, there's a lot of brand new, innovativegames being developed right now. Nintendo is one for making awesome sequels, but at the same time, there also famous forbringing new, different types of games. Especially with the DS and Wii.

ravemast117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ravemast117
Member since 2005 • 486 Posts
Probably for Nintendo and Microsoft. MGS4 doesn't come out till next year anyway, plus it's not going to be on 360. Only PS3 Exclusive
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EndlessPunisher

[QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"][QUOTE="kneppi88"]In terms of Microsoft and Sony, with halo 3 and MGS 4, from the looks of it, it'll be sweet for them, too.I'm more of a nintendo fan but that doesn't stop me from keeping track of its competitors.kneppi88

Yeah, but for nintendo, there's a lot of brand new, innovativegames being developed right now. Nintendo is one for making awesome sequels, but at the same time, there also famous forbringing new, different types of games. Especially with the DS and Wii.

Eh I forgot to mention Nintendo, woops, anyway all of their sequels look promising, id espect nothing less then something innovating from Nintendo.
newhottness23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 newhottness23
PS3 looks like it could have a lot of decent titles.
bigmick07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 bigmick07
Member since 2005 • 441 Posts

This year for Nintendo, last year for 360, next year who knows O.o.EndlessPunisher

onthe contray, i think that micrsoft is going to have the best year in gaming this year ( Halo 3, GTA IV, Unreal Tournament 3, Mass Effect, Half-life 2 theOrange Box, just to name a lot)and nintendo next year, because thats when we willplay all the new and innovative games that developers are developing right now for the wii

LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

So far: Meh

By the end of the year: definitely.

EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EndlessPunisher
Probably for Nintendo and Microsoft. MGS4 doesn't come out till next year anyway, plus it's not going to be on 360. Only PS3 Exclusiveravemast117
I dont think it was confirmed to be Ps3 exclusive although it is coming out on PS3. i think they wanna keep the option open for the 360, cause if the ps3 bombs again then they might wanna release it.

[QUOTE="EndlessPunisher"]This year for Nintendo, last year for 360, next year who knows O.o.bigmick07

onthe contray, i think that micrsoft is going to have the best year in gaming this year ( Halo 3, GTA IV, Unreal Tournament 3, Mass Effect, Half-life 2 theOrange Box, just to name a lot)and nintendo next year, because thats when we willplay all the new and innovative games that developers are developing right now for the wii

I think its going to be the end of the year battle between 360 and Wii, 360 is getting Halo, Wii is getting Mario Galaxy, the same month. Although 360 is getting Unreal Tournament(which looks promising since epic games help create it) Wii's getting SSBB which also looks very promising, Mass Effect and Metroid prime both looks promising as well. It seems its kinda neck and neck.
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#17 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
this is definitely the best year for gaming, that is if you own a 360 and Wii
jaemillz555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jaemillz555
Member since 2007 • 909 Posts

so far no but it could be with brawl galaxy and metroid but we dont really know yet. IMO nintendo had some pretty good years with the 64.....

ShinoGenjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 ShinoGenjutsu
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts
Doesnt every release year ecome a new est year haha well it does seem awesome so ill say yes for nintendo
MagicNinja911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 MagicNinja911
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts

In terms of nintendo, most definitely. With MP3, SSB Brawl, Mario Galaxy, and many more, I'd say there is no question that this year will be one of the best. kneppi88

yes it is because of that and alot of 3rd party games coming out look really good

bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 bigcalkenobi
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts
yea, 2007 is a great year for gaming. We have several great Nintendo games like Super Paper Mario, SMG, SSBB, MP3, Battallion Wars 2, No More Heroes (Possibly),and several others, and then MS is getting Bioshock,Mass Effect, Halo 3, and UT3. This is one of the biggest years for both of them. I think Nintendo will have a good year next year as far as 3rd party games go. MS is having a great year too. Sony is not having the best of years. But the other 2 definitly make up for it.
kails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kails
Member since 2004 • 1249 Posts
Yeah I think it will :)
foooox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 foooox
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts

For me it was when i first played N64 games. I was so excited to play Pokemon and to try Mario64 and Zelda

But who knows?I might change my opinion this year :D

kneppi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kneppi88

For me it was when i first played N64 games. I was so excited to play Pokemon and to try Mario64 and Zelda

But who knows?I might change my opinion this year :D

foooox

I agree. The generation of the N64 with Mario64, Ocarina of Time, Pokemon, Banjo-Kazooie, and Mario Kart 64 (to many to name) would also have to be my favorite. I love whats goin on now, but I also miss the good ol' days. Wait a minute, I can still play all those old games all over again on the Wii. ! I love the VC. Theres so many games I want to come out for it though. I don't want to start on that subject though.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
I don't think this can be the best year in gaming because There have only been a few titles to keep us busy until now. Sure we're getting plenty of great games this holiday season, but right now, we don't have much besides SPM and RE4 for this year.