best RPG for the DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

caffaleine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 caffaleine
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I want to buy a good RPG for the summer but I'm not sure what to get. I love Pokemon Pearl and played it for 80 hours already. I was looking at The World Ends with You or Summon Night: Twin Age. Any suggestions?

CorruptGamerGX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 CorruptGamerGX
Member since 2006 • 1023 Posts
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26356298
CheeChee_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CheeChee_Macko
Member since 2008 • 2236 Posts
My favorite is Final Fantasy III.
dizzykim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dizzykim
Member since 2005 • 721 Posts
The World Ends With You is a great RPG to pick up -- however, people who bought the game either love it or hate it. I would also recommend the upcoming FF4 remake for the DS or Tactics A2 if you're into the rts/rpg type of game. Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time is also a great pickup if you can find it. Right now I'm into both FF12: Revenant Wings and FFCC: Ring of Fate so I would recommend either (although Revenant Wings is kind of easy, and falls into the rts/rpg category).
qqwwss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 qqwwss
DQM: Joker is a good RPG. I have it and I've been playing it for about 2 and 1/2 months now.
TJ_Shoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 TJ_Shoot
Member since 2003 • 29 Posts
i enjoyed lunar knights and mario and luigi's partners in time!!
siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 siafni
Member since 2005 • 629 Posts
I don't know it f is the best one, but I am currently playing FFCC and it is really good
caffaleine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 caffaleine

I haven't played any Final Fantasy games so I don't know anything about them. How is FFCC different from FF III?

ta11on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ta11on
Member since 2007 • 784 Posts
FFCC isn't turned based like FFIII. I personally liked FFCC waaaayyyyy more than the other. It is more action, and is more entertaining.
caffaleine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 caffaleine
how is the multiplayer in FFCC?
DannyRice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#11 DannyRice
Member since 2004 • 263 Posts
how is ffcc period? i liked crystal chronicles on the cube, but it was too expensive for those w/o a bunch of gba's already. plus that damn chalice... but i hear ring of fates is really laggy and just overcomplicates itself, at least in single player.
jukeyjuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 jukeyjuke
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts
I'd say go for The World Ends With You. Nothing but good from that game, sides a few people who thought that they had to put too much effort into it. But isn't that what RPG's are all about?
mhissner1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mhissner1990
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
it's gonna be FFIV most definitely, only it doesn't come out it july 29, so in the mean time, pick up FFCC which is also a wonderful rpg. also, you can play FFIII to better prepare you for what's to come with FFIV. it's up to you, man...
ta11on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ta11on
Member since 2007 • 784 Posts
I think FFCC is better than FFIII, but FFXII Revenant Wings is better than FFCC. I say either get The World Ends With You, or wait for FFIV.
Neroiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Neroiam
Member since 2008 • 52 Posts
Get The World Ends with you, great game. And save up your money 'cause there are lot of RPG are going to be released
daien90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 daien90
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

The World Ends With You if you wand a decent challenge. the game has a long enough story with some fairly likeable characters. (though they are a little annoying at times and two of your parteners are dumber than rocks some times.) the main character develops quite a bit through out, starting off with the whole "Who gives a damn about anyone else attitude" but by the end he begins to show some real emotion. on the gameplay end it has a completly unique battle system that takes some time to get used to but when you get a grip on it it can be very rewarding. and the difficulty can be modified at anytime to make it ridiculously easy or brutally difficult, and the harder you make it the bigger the payout (more rare and powerful pins.) onece you beat the main story you can go back to any of the previous chapters and play them through again to fid a large amount of hidden extras, some of witch require you to be on a higher difficulty to unlock. and there is a bonus chapter featuring the main characters in a seperate story that has almost nothing to do with the main story. the pin system adds a Pokemon-esque "gotta get them all" feel to the game and with all the different pins available, each with its own attack, it can take a long time to tweak you character to fit your own play style.

cfamgcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 cfamgcn
Member since 2004 • 5587 Posts

I want to buy a good RPG for the summer but I'm not sure what to get. I love Pokemon Pearl and played it for 80 hours already. I was looking at The World Ends with You or Summon Night: Twin Age. Any suggestions?

caffaleine

I would suggest using the stickied thread

Thank you ;)

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
[QUOTE="caffaleine"]

cfamgcn

I would suggest using the stickied thread

Thank you ;)

Wow, you did my job for me :P. But in all seriousness, try to keep all questions concerning what video game you should get in the sticky.