Are they going to make a new Pokemon Gold and Silver?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Turbo_Burdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Turbo_Burdo
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
I think the Johto generation of pokemon was probably the best. The starters looked better and learnt better moves. They made a remake on Red and Blue and I thought that worked quite well.
Whiteghost09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Whiteghost09
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts
Are youreffering to the rumor that Gold and Silver are being remade? Sorry to be Johnny raincloud but that was a mod...
Younggun135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Younggun135
Member since 2006 • 1853 Posts
I would love a Johto remake. but I dont know of any news.
goalring27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 goalring27
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts
people did remake it but its not for the ds or licenced my nintendo or something
vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 vatterott
Member since 2006 • 1842 Posts

I think the Johto generation of pokemon was probably the best. The starters looked better and learnt better moves. They made a remake on Red and Blue and I thought that worked quite well.Turbo_Burdo

I agree. Silver has always been my favorite.:D

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

I have often boasted the quality of the 2nd generation games over the others. I sincerely think that the 2nd generation of Pokemon was the best for a few reasons.

1. The series offered new pokemon without being repetitive about it. They offered 2 new types and even added new evolutions, a cool addition that didn't detract from the series.

2. Crystal offered animations to pokemon, a feature mysteriously missing in gen 3. Also the clock/cellphone feature was nifty, if not particularly well thought out. (Killed the save feature over time)

3. 16 Gyms spanning the new gyms along with the original 8 in the first gen with amped up pokemon. Going back and facing older foes like Misty and Koga's daughter is incredibly cool. Also, the final fight with Red was particularly fun. Level 80 Pikachu ftw.

No news of anything like this in the works, but a remake specifically made for DS would be great.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts

All pokemon fans would love a remake of silver and gold, but i don't care to see one happen. The only reason they would remake it is to get the johto pokemon. But seeings that you can them all through other games, i don't see this happening.

hack-shinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 hack-shinobi
Member since 2007 • 3543 Posts

All pokemon fans would love a remake of silver and gold, but i don't care to see one happen. The only reason they would remake it is to get the johto pokemon. But seeings that you can them all through other games, i don't see this happening.

WSGRandomPerson

We can only hope that it does come out...

japzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 japzone
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I too would like to see a remake of Gold/Silver/Crystal. Even now Crystal is still one of my Top games I like to play.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

It is not going to happen cause the next pokemon game is going to be a new mystery dungeon pokemon game.

flippin_flames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 flippin_flames
Member since 2008 • 348 Posts

It is not going to happen cause the next pokemon game is going to be a new mystery dungeon pokemon game.

SSBFan12

dungeon is not developed by game freak/nintendo

Don_Rafaelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Don_Rafaelo
Member since 2009 • 131 Posts

Those games are in the works. My prediction is that they will be coming out mid to late next year. Think about it. Why did they make fire red and leaf green? To facilitate the capture of pokemon in the Kanto and johto region.Remember, whenRuby and Sapphire came out there was no way of connecting again with Gold/Silver/Crystal version on gameboy color.Gold and Silver remakes will do the same for diamond, pearl and platinum versions. Because if you search for certain Pokemon chances are your only way of acquiring Pokemon will be either through trade or through pal park. Capturing 492 Pokemon is nowhere near easy. That is the reason why these remakes are essential so wait for them, because they will be coming!!!

P.S. you could only get Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile in Emerald if and only if you caught every single other Pokemon. Also, you get thw same opportunity in Pokemon Gale of Darkness but you have to be undefeated in the 100 man battle which is very difficult. Altogether you fight 300 times just to get three Pokemon!!!

Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
Funny I'm reading this topic as I was reading the section in Bulbapedia about a possible remake for G/S/C. For me the Johto adventure was the best imo just as Starfox15 was pointing out. After finalizing the Johto adventure you get to play in Kanto and see the old Gym leaders, like Misty and Koga's daughter. That was awesome for me. I never got tired of playing my Gold version.
xxartanisxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xxartanisxx
Member since 2009 • 417 Posts

hmm... i never played those lol if one comes out im sure to get it though :)

especensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 especensor
Member since 2006 • 3180 Posts
I think the Johto generation of pokemon was probably the best. The starters looked better and learnt better moves. They made a remake on Red and Blue and I thought that worked quite well.Turbo_Burdo
One solid piece of evidence that one is on the way is within the D/P/Pt's code, Johto is also a listed region. You know if you import a Pokemon from your FireRed or LeafGreen, it will say the imported Pokemon is from Kanto. If you import from R/S/E, it will say the Pokemon is from Hoenn. Among the Kanto and Hoenn regions, Johto is also there which means that they are at least considering a G/S/C remake. But only time will tell. Thats the only piece of real evidence so far and they could just as easily not make it.
Mr_Tonylope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mr_Tonylope
Member since 2009 • 140 Posts
It would be awesome if the remade gold/silver/crystal. Gold was the first game i got for my gameboy and i would love to play it again, the nostalgia would be like... lots of nostalgia! (i couldn't come up with a good comparison =S )
dsownge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dsownge
Member since 2005 • 2393 Posts

If they do remake Gold and silver then they should at least include more Wi-Fi stuff and the GTS.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
They should make a massive pokemon game...going from kanto all the way to sinnoh
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

I consider the second generation to be the best in the series.That said,I don't want a remake of them.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Word on the street is that Nintendo reserved (or Copyrighted) the names Dusk Silver and Dawn Gold.

I have no link, but someone on GS said this a little bit ago.

desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 desyple
Member since 2008 • 1725 Posts
They should make a massive pokemon game...going from kanto all the way to sinnohmrmusicman247
this is what the games should do. have a game with every region able to be explored or all east include the orange islands along with a another region. a 2-3 region game would be perfect which is why i liked the 2nd gen the best.
desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 desyple
zombie thread also btw
da__jammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 da__jammer
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts
god, i hope they make a remade gold and silver, they were the first pokemon games i had ever played so its been my favorite
livlightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 livlightning
Member since 2009 • 42 Posts
I hope they do remake it, Silver was my favourite by far.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'd be all up for one. The internal battery in my Gold and Silver games died :cry:

obituarybullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 obituarybullet
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
You are absolutely right i thought the same thing when pearl and diamond first came put. A pokemon game where you go through all the regions would be epic!
Zelgon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zelgon
Member since 2008 • 99 Posts

Possible G/S remake

You guys should read my Blog :P I had teh exact same idea of making a huge pokemon game for like Wii or something. or maybe the DSi can handle somehting like that O.o Oh the possibilities...

I've seen pictures and heard lots of rumors about teh G/S/C remake.

Look above ^ Those are teh pictures I've been seeing. Lets hope! I think I would cry in happiness if this happens.

desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 desyple

Possible G/S remake

You guys should read my Blog :P I had teh exact same idea of making a huge pokemon game for like Wii or something. or maybe the DSi can handle somehting like that O.o Oh the possibilities...

I've seen pictures and heard lots of rumors about teh G/S/C remake.

Look above ^ Those are teh pictures I've been seeing. Lets hope! I think I would cry in happiness if this happens.

Zelgon

nice pic hope to god it comes out but really i would rather have a new gen wit the same ideas and gameplay as g/s/c and what i had said in my previous post.

hm360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 hm360
Member since 2007 • 269 Posts

Crystal is the best Pokemon game, I never get tired of it. I can't see it coming, to be honest. A large scale Pokemon with multiple regions on either Wii or DS would be fantastic, though I can't see that coming either :(

djmh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 djmh13
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts

they have already made new silver and gold remakes in japan making ours nowhe pics show lugia ad ho-ohs heads on there game and its shining there color lugia silver ho-oh gold

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

they have already made new silver and gold remakes in japan making ours nowhe pics show lugia ad ho-ohs heads on there game and its shining there color lugia silver ho-oh gold

djmh13

*facepalms*

why did you revive this thread again? if you had something to add, then ok, but you just spread common knowledge >_>

please dont revive 2 year old threads please...

MisterG333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MisterG333
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

isn't it funny that this thread it bumped from 2007? And yes i can't wait for the new versions!

gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 gamedude234
Member since 2009 • 2558 Posts

:|Hello? anyone heard about pkmn heartgold/soulsilver? they r coming out in japan in september. look up serebii.net, they have been talking about it for months!!!!!:shock:

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts

:|Hello? anyone heard about pkmn heartgold/soulsilver? they r coming out in japan in september. look up serebii.net, they have been talking about it for months!!!!!:shock:

gamedude234
yea, it's supposed to be coming out in the U.S. too.
kunggustaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kunggustaf
Member since 2005 • 883 Posts

Waaah! Zombie-thread! :o

Avatar image for DarkBloodPrince
DarkBloodPrince

Forum Posts