Are people still camping for Wiis?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GanonBuRAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 GanonBuRAP
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

I remember when I got my wii. 11 hour outside best buy with 8 other really cool guys and 1 really hot girl lol. There were only 10 wiis in stock, and i was 9th in line. I went to a first Best Buy at 10pm. I was 11th in line and the employees hadn't posted how many wiis were in stock yet, so I was there til 1am..and that's when they announced they had TEN WIIS IN STOCK LOL.

I was playing poker with a bunch of guys when they told me everyone who was 11+ wouldn't be gettinga wii...so my dad drove me to different BestBuys all over the city (scarborough). I told him it was okay and that we can hunt another day, but it was 4 days before christmas and he really wanted to get it for me.

Finally, we drove all the way to Whitby, which is a different city from where I live...quit ea drive away. We had a hard time finding Bestbuys, we made a few Tim Horton stops, but we finally found one...

It started to snow...it wsa freezing

I saw a bunch of people in line and I went up and asked them about how many spots there were left open, they said there only 9 wiis...and only 6 ppl in line!!!

I camped out there until 10am. I learned that the sun rises much faster than it sets. It was FREEEZING!

It was so sad when kids came with their parents at like 6am and 7am expecting to get a spot. And when parents came at 10am right when it open in hopes of finding a wii for their kid. Pulled on my heart strings to watch them walk away in disappointment, but I just told myself that something way worse happned to me when i waited in line for a few hours, only to find out i missed out on a wii by 1 spot.

but still...the kids looked so exited to approach the line of people, but looked so sad when they walked away. No Christmas wii for them :/

I finally got my wii, I was so happy, and i met the coolest people. We became really good friends while we waited in the freezing cold for soooo many hours. I'll never see them again mainly because they were like 18-25 years of age, and I was 15 at the time. Also, they probably live in Whitby, while I live in Scarborough.

Nonethless, it was a great experience. I tried something totally outrageous (CAMPING FOR A GAMING CONSOLE LOL? ), i met some very cool people, and I gota wii in time for christmas.

My dad wouldn't believe me when I told him people will be CAMPING for nintendo wii's 12-15 horus before the store opens. He was repeatedly amazed when all the bestbuys we tried were had full lines...but he didn't give up even when I wanted to. Lawl he's a great guy.

So are people still camping for wiis? and do you guys have any camping for wii/other console stories?

Btw, every bestbuy I visited in my hunt had 7-12 wiis...and around 60+ PS3s...with no one in line for them :P

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts
Since the wii is going for 400 dollars on ebay yes people are going to be camping out for them.
WiiFreak77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WiiFreak77
Member since 2007 • 1291 Posts
I remember the day... It was launch day and I woke up at 4 o'clock in the morning to head over to Target because NOBODY was there at 11 PM so I went home. I came back at 5 AM and here was a HUGE line. I was so worried that I ran out of my Mom's car and jumped in line and the guy in front of me said he got the last one but I didnt believe him. When they started handing out tickets, i got number 78  of 80 Wii's. I got REALLY lucky!
catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

I'll never forget camping for my wii...

...wait, I didn't.

I just walked into walmart one day and saw a wii so I decided to buy it lol/

Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Sants412
Member since 2007 • 5599 Posts
People will defineintly be camping this Friday.
mama_volvic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mama_volvic
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Dunno if people are still camping, butI camped last June for one. I happened to be in New York, visiting my sister, when I realized that there was the Nintendo World Shop, so I went there and they said that they got Wiis daily, first-come-first-serve. I was also told that they opened at 8am. So I went on a Sunday, getting there at 7am, 3rd in line. Turns out the opened at 10am on Sunday. ButI waited anyway. And I got a Wii. And some people's places in line were stolen.

Sorry if my way of saying that I waited for 3 hours for a video game console isn't very interesting. But yeah, people are probably camping even tomorrow morning.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#7 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts
the central alabama area is not getting any Wii shipments until after the beginning of December. Both Best Buy and Circuit City...
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

Well i wasent actually thinking of getting any next gen console until after the launch day so i couldnt find a wii anywhere.

I started to want the wii around december, but that was way to late to get a wii for christmas, but my birthday was coming up in feburary so i asked for one.

SIwas looking around for a wii. I phoned all over and once on a tuesday i think (i have no idea why i wasent in school, maybe exams) me and my mom went to wal mart because they said they were going to have a shipment in. So anyway we got there and there was no line outside because the store was already open and we kept waiting and waiting, but they finally found out they werent getting any in that day.

So i gave it another shot, and phoned toys r us (this was in march) they said that all of the shipments they get in, they keep until the end of the month and then sell all of them. I asked my parents if we could go at the end of march on the saturday, and the said no because they didnt want to drive all the way done there and wait in line.

Now its april and my oldest brother came home from university, i phone toys r us again, and they are doing the excat same thing. So i ask my parents if my brother can take me and they said yes. My brother wanted to go and get one as well, so we woke up at 5:30 AM drove down to the mal, got there at 6. We were the first people there but we didnt knw what entrance the security guard ws going to open. So we stood at the main mall doors and waited. Then a car drove up and it was the secruity guard, and he told us he would be opening another set of doors that is a closer walk to toys r us. So me and my brother run into the car and start driving. We get around to the other set of doors and we were like fourth in line.

We waited there until 6:30 and the mall opened up, we went to toys r us and they had a sign on the window saying "we have 41 wii's" had to wait until 9:30. We sat and sat waitiing. My brother showing other people magic tricks with cards. Talking, taking turns wondering around the mall until finally 9:30 came and i walked in there and i got my birthday present (2 months late but whatever)

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
They will camp out tonight
SenbeiZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SenbeiZ
Member since 2005 • 208 Posts

It was the second week since the Wii came out, and I decided to go to the Nintendo World Store to get it, knowing they always have it. I called to see when they get their shipment, and they would get it on the Sunday I got it. So I woke up at around 6 to take the train down to the Nintendo World Store and waited in line. I think I was around the 50th or 60th person. I met cool people, and we talked about stuff. Then a Nintendo worker was counting the people in line to see if there's going to be enough Wiis to hand out. After counting, he yelled out, "You all are getting a Wii!". We all cheered LOL. I think they had 200 Wiis in stock. That's to be expected in a Nintendo store xD. I wish people who are looking for a Wii GOOD LUCK!!

FFinfinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FFinfinite
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts
I didn't camp out.... we drove to NYC, woke up at 6 am, walked to nintendo world, waited in line for 2 hours,and met this really cool college student. I didn't even have my DS to make the time go by. :( But, it was worth it, I got a wii! But I couldn't play it until I got back to my home state, PA.
Ungdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ungdi
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts
3 friends who want a wii. still in demand!
Ungdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ungdi
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts

I didn't camp out.... we drove to NYC, woke up at 6 am, walked to nintendo world, waited in line for 2 hours,and met this really cool college student. I didn't even have my DS to make the time go by. :( But, it was worth it, I got a wii! But I couldn't play it until I got back to my home state, PA.FFinfinite

took the train to new york and walked to nintendo the world!!!! 5AM!!!! that's how i got mine!